+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

rhsaif

Aug 19, 2013
Hi

I applied last May. Cic website shows that they received my PR application in PhD stream on 2nd May 2013. They have already charged my credit card 09 May 2013. But still I didn't get any acknowledgement email/notification. I don't know what is going on. It's already 3.5 months. Can you (moderator) put me on "Immigration timeline PhD stream document? I want to get update about others status. Thanks.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
Hi all,

Finally I've received my passport on Aug 16th and did the landing on the same day. It's a very smooth process that the officer just asked questions that stated on CoPR and had me to put my initial on it. Without any other questions like available funds in bank. After five minutes, we are off to go....

Wish you all lucks with the application.

Starrysky

pg123

Aug 12, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-01-2015
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
21-12-2014 (we started... 30/12/2014)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2015 (DM 09/04/2014)
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
rhsaif said:
Hi

I applied last May. Cic website shows that they received my PR application in PhD stream on 2nd May 2013. They have already charged my credit card 09 May 2013. But still I didn't get any acknowledgement email/notification. I don't know what is going on. It's already 3.5 months. Can you (moderator) put me on "Immigration timeline PhD stream document? I want to get update about others status. Thanks.
Hi in few cases CIC did not send PER (application number and positive eligibility review) email. I suggest you to check ur application status online using ur UCI number. Most likely, u should be able to see ur application status (which means CIC has created ur file but some how they messed up, as result you did not get your file number). Further, I suggest you to contact CIC.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys

I am new to this thread, so I m going to give my intro and details and ask your advice and opinions, plz help and thanks in advance.

I m from Pakistan, done 4 years grad and 2 years mba. 4 yrs work exp. credentials already assessed via University of Toronto CES. I m planning to do higher studies and immigrate to Canada also. due to strict process of new FSWP 2013 and very limited cap limits, im thinking to enroll in a phd program and then apply for immigration under phd stream after 2 years from within Canada while completing phd as it takes 4 years to do so from University of Toronto.

I m married and have a kid of 3 years of age, my wife is MBBS and is practicing. I scored 8 in ielts in general test.

I want to know the followings:

1. am I allowed to take my family with me and stay with me during my studies?
2. can I work there while doing phd and can my wife work there also?
3. if we plan another baby in this time, will he be Canadian citizen by birth or not? will this help us in getting our immigration later?if in case I didn't get immigration for any reason what so ever and have to go back after phd, will my baby have to stay in Canada or can leave with me?will he/she remain a Canadian citizen after that?
4. I know I have to abide by the FSWP 2013 terms and conditions for immigration, that is to show proof of funds, atleast 67 score, language proficiency, e.t.c. But after 2 years of phd my Ielts will already be expired so I have to give fresh ielts test again from there?as it makes no sense cos I m already studying in there and I got admission because I know English already?
5. while staying there if I cannot have CAD17000 proof of fund but less like CAD15000 (for applicant and 2 dependents) as money get consumed during stay, then it gona effect my eligibility?if I have gold or land on my name but in my home country or any other form of funds, will it be enough?
6. what are the chances of getting immigration under this method? what percentage of people are successful? those who were declined, what were the main reasons?

I don't know may be these are stupid questions, but I m thinking a lot about these things, I m a bit disappointed on new FSWP2013 program also as I m closely looking whats going on with the applicants. I cannot see any other way for immigrating.

thanks.

houshuang

Mar 15, 2013
I sent my application on June the 4th, and it was signed for on June 11th (wow, Canada Post!)... I just received the package back today with a refusal. At first I was confused, because the two page letter was highlighted in yellow a bit here and a bit there, making it seem like there was a problem with my work experience (I rely on TA/RA etc), however on a closer look I think that's just the "stock" part of the letter, because it does say to look at the appendix/checklist, where the problem which is checked and highlighted is the letter from my university saying that I have completed two years and am in good standing... My registrar's office (University of Toronto) is notoriously tricky to get letters out of, unless it's a standard university form - so I just got a normal white printed page with the letter, and a paper stamp (just embossing, no ink).

The checklist said:
- not on official University letter head
- not an original letter from the Canadian educational institution
- does not bear the college/university seal/stamp of the issuing Canadian educational institution

Argh! After having spent so many months collecting documentation, and then having to wait so long for a response, because of the strike etc, such a tiny thing ... (Of course, they could have quickly called UofT and asked if I was a student there, but I know :) Bureaucracy...).

So I will submit again, but I since it's been quite a while since I began gathering documentation, I wonder if it's necessary to get new documents (for example bank statements etc). Also, the letter from CELPIP was open, but I assume it's now in their database, so I don't need to order a new document from CELPIP? I am also wondering about their quota, and whether they have reached 2000 students yet for this year... Any advice would be valuable before I resubmit.

Thanks!
And make sure you get the proper documentation from your university.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
houshuang said:
I sent my application on June the 4th, and it was signed for on June 11th (wow, Canada Post!)... I just received the package back today with a refusal. At first I was confused, because the two page letter was highlighted in yellow a bit here and a bit there, making it seem like there was a problem with my work experience (I rely on TA/RA etc), however on a closer look I think that's just the "stock" part of the letter, because it does say to look at the appendix/checklist, where the problem which is checked and highlighted is the letter from my university saying that I have completed two years and am in good standing... My registrar's office (University of Toronto) is notoriously tricky to get letters out of, unless it's a standard university form - so I just got a normal white printed page with the letter, and a paper stamp (just embossing, no ink).

The checklist said:
- not on official University letter head
- not an original letter from the Canadian educational institution
- does not bear the college/university seal/stamp of the issuing Canadian educational institution

Argh! After having spent so many months collecting documentation, and then having to wait so long for a response, because of the strike etc, such a tiny thing ... (Of course, they could have quickly called UofT and asked if I was a student there, but I know :) Bureaucracy...).

So I will submit again, but I since it's been quite a while since I began gathering documentation, I wonder if it's necessary to get new documents (for example bank statements etc). Also, the letter from CELPIP was open, but I assume it's now in their database, so I don't need to order a new document from CELPIP? I am also wondering about their quota, and whether they have reached 2000 students yet for this year... Any advice would be valuable before I resubmit.

Thanks!
And make sure you get the proper documentation from your university.
Hi, Was it the SGS? I showed them the CIC format, and I got exactly what I requested. I also asked for a stamp on the letter and also to seal the envelope, which they did in my presence.

houshuang

Mar 15, 2013
Feb2004 said:
Hi, Was it the SGS? I showed them the CIC format, and I got exactly what I requested. I also asked for a stamp on the letter and also to seal the envelope, which they did in my presence.
No, I stupidly went to the Registrar's Office because that's where I've always gone for all kinds of documentation. I'm now going to go to SGS and get the proper one. Where exactly did you go? Since I am at OISE, I've never really dealt with SGS directly, everything goes through the OISE Registrar.

Thanks

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Yeah, I heard SGS people are pretty helpful. I will also go to them and get the exact format of letter.
Btw Feb 2004, should I used sealed envelop? I heard that likes all OPEN letters. They don't want to to open sealed ones.
Please let me know whether I should use a sealed envelop or not.

One more question, how much did the letter cost?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
houshuang said:
No, I stupidly went to the Registrar's Office because that's where I've always gone for all kinds of documentation. I'm now going to go to SGS and get the proper one. Where exactly did you go? Since I am at OISE, I've never really dealt with SGS directly, everything goes through the OISE Registrar.

Thanks
SGS is on St.George street. Take the printout of the CIC's format. Though they will say we know what to do. Still hand them a copy. In my case, even after I had handed them a copy, they typed a different letter. I got them to do it again. So when you go to collect the letter, take the format letter again and compare it there, you can point out if there are any mistakes. I asked them not to put it in a sealed envelope. After checking it, I asked the personnel there to sign the letter and then to put it in an envelope and stamp (seal) the envelope. I think they charge around 7 dollars.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
aalm said:
Yeah, I heard SGS people are pretty helpful. I will also go to them and get the exact format of letter.
Btw Feb 2004, should I used sealed envelop? I heard that likes all OPEN letters. They don't want to to open sealed ones.
Please let me know whether I should use a sealed envelop or not.

One more question, how much did the letter cost?
There have been discussions on this forum regarding the sealed envelope. I didn't send any other document in a sealed envelope, only the univ letter.
I just wanted to play safe after reading others experiences.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
rhsaif said:
Hi

Hello there,

I've added your information, would you please post the rest of them to be added?
We have many applicants still waiting for the PER, it seems they are really busy!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Need your help, guys! I just checked eCAS status and it says "Decision Made". Few days ago I got an email that said my application was approved (see below). Yet, I do not have passport request yet. Has this happened to anyone that the eCAS status showed decision made yet passport request arrived after the eCAS status had changed?

I am lost here... :( Please, help...

GeoCanadian said:
Good news! I have not received passport request yet, but I received the following email in reply to my inquiry on the status of my application:

"Dear Applicant,
Your application was approved. You should receive instructions for a visa issuance soon.

Regards,
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – RK6165"

Sigh of relief! Phew! So, it is just the matter of time... It does not help me to avoid getting TRVs for my family though as they have to come back from overseas before the start of the academic year. I doubt I could get our passports back in time even if I received the passport requests tomorrow. So, I filing online application for their TRVs today - another couple of hundred dollar donation to CIC. :)

Good luck everyone!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Some updates regarding my case:
I got doc request (POF) on July 18.
I received my 3th GCMS notes today,
Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
RCMP screening: No reportable trace for me and my spouse (I included the consent form in my GCMS request)
criminality: In Progress (me and my spouse)
After I received my 2nd GCMS notes, I noticed that there is a note by FA01772: "PA meets minimum fund requirement". FA also updated selection and removed 5 adaptability points for previous study in Canada and did not award us any points for spouse education! Total point:62! But the value of eligibility was "not started". I freaked out and sent them an email immediately and received this answer: "Dear applicant, your eligibility is not assessed yet and any points were not awarded. Your application is in a queue for a review by an officer. Thank u for ur patient and keeping ur correspondence to a minimum." After receiving this answer, I didn't have any choice but wait and order another GCMS. In my recent notes nothing has changed (just RCMP for my spouse showed up, as I had included the consent form) but, there is a note indicating that documents regarding my spouse's education has been printed and attached to my file.
How could I know my due date? Is it under application assignment section?
Do you think FA accepted my work experience or he just simply updated the selection done by Sydney and removed those adaptability points?