+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David2013 said:
Yes it contained the lead statement and and substantial number of duties and also I clearly stated I assisted professor. By the way, I have prepared the following RA letter which is compatible with my previous one. I would be really thankful if you could review it and let me know your comments.
I think it looks fine. I would suggest you use "assist" in 2. and 4. as well.

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samira sokn said:
Guys I received the request for RPRF yesterday. I am wondering if they mostly ask for it with pass request or in a separate step?
They asked it from us even before medical request.

Did you check your ecas status? Hasn't it changed?

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, is there any possible downside in ordering GCMS notes frequently? I got the 3rd one today and there was no change. I'm thinking we could order one after another to be updated every single month. Does anybody do that? Is there a limit or something?

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Houra said:
Hey guys, is there any possible downside in ordering GCMS notes frequently? I got the 3rd one today and there was no change. I'm thinking we could order one after another to be updated every single month. Does anybody do that? Is there a limit or something?
There is no limit for requests made under these acts. Unless you request for 'physical files' pertaining to your residence application, no delay would be caused. The electronic notes that you receive are merely a pdf version of a screen shot of your file. In case of the physical file, they actually have to scan copies of each and every document that you have submitted until date.

Hope this helps..

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S_Govind said:
There is no limit for requests made under these acts. Unless you request for 'physical files' pertaining to your residence application, no delay would be caused. The electronic notes that you receive are merely a pdf version of a screen shot of your file. In case of the physical file, they actually have to scan copies of each and every document that you have submitted until date.

Hope this helps..
Good to know! Thanks :)

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
samira sokn said:
Guys I received the request for RPRF yesterday. I am wondering if they mostly ask for it with pass request or in a separate step?
That's a good thing. Do not delay this payment :) I think you're almost there.

There have been different modi operandi when it comes to matter of requesting the RPRF. Some people who passed eligibility, but before getting 'no reportable trace', get asked to pay for this fee separately from PPR.

Some got asked at the same time as PPR, so it depends.

I would say though, if you got the fee request before PPR, just pay it up as soon as possible so that the issuance of your visa won't be delayed :)

Holygun said:
To Whom It May Concern,

This letter is to verify the employment of Ms. XXXXX who worked for “XYZ” (Development Workshop) as a social science researcher from February 15, 2009 to until June 15, 2010.She was employed in the research project titled “XZZZ”. The total work experience as a social science researcher accumulated by Ms. XXX is approximately 2650 hours.

Ms. XXX was employed as a full-time social science researcher, working 40 hours per week. Ms. XXX was in the office on the work days between 08.30 and 17.30. Her annual salary was $12000, including two weeks paid vacation and benefits.

As a social science researcher her duties were:
1. Developing and conducting social research,
2. Pre-research and making literature review,
3. Planning, organizing and administering field work,
4. Developing semi-structured interview questionnaires,
5. Conducting in-depth and focus group interviews,
6. Transcription of interviews,
7. Analysing and interpreting interviews,
8. Preparing the field report,
9. Producing policy recommendation.

Please contact me if you have any questions or need more information.
Hi Holygun,

I think people around here are probably not very familiar with NOC 4164, which would explain the lack of response. Based on what you write, your title is social science researcher, and it obviously falls under on the accepted titles under NOC 4164.

The relevant lead statement for NOC 4164, according to the HRSDC website, is

Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, develop policy and implement or administer programs in areas such as consumer affairs, employment, home economics, immigration, law enforcement, corrections, human rights, housing, labour, family services, foreign aid and international development.
I would say that your first main duty describes the lead statement explicitly, with the rest of your main duties possibly falling under the big umbrella of 'social research'. I'm not sure, though, how the visa officer would interpret them.

Some of your duties fall under the duties of social survey researcher as well (items 3 - 7), where the others (items 1, 2, and 9) fall under the duties of social policy researchers. Again, as I said, it's not that easy to see these connections, so let's hope the visa officer would put his effort in evaluating your work experience letter against the NOC descriptions (at least it matches the lead statement though).

kg.jadu said:
Just please don't retire from this thread when the number of pages hits 888. :)
lol, it's not like I could stop this thread from growing past the 888th page :p

kaziahmmed said:
I am assuming u already hit the magical number 888 rite ;). In note section (evaluated by SL) also mentioned that PA claims $15168 transferable funds with transactions history from X to XX. So, I am crossing my finger he also has satisfied with my bank statements (as in the Eligibility status section he Recommend Passed). Thanks for your concern man.
Should be fine :)

About the post number, not to be superstitious or anything, but the number '8' is considered a lucky number in my culture, and especially three eight's in a row :D

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
samira sokn said:
Hi Samira, I was wondering if they ask you for further documents regarding the work experience out of Canada you claimed . I remember that time you mentioned that they made some nonsense comments about the location of your workplace. Did they ask you for the contract or anything else after that?

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
meyakanor said:
That's a good thing. Do not delay this payment :) I think you're almost there.

There have been different modi operandi when it comes to matter of requesting the RPRF. Some people who passed eligibility, but before getting 'no reportable trace', get asked to pay for this fee separately from PPR.

Some got asked at the same time as PPR, so it depends.

I would say though, if you got the fee request before PPR, just pay it up as soon as possible so that the issuance of your visa won't be delayed :)

Hi Holygun,

I think people around here are probably not very familiar with NOC 4164, which would explain the lack of response. Based on what you write, your title is social science researcher, and it obviously falls under on the accepted titles under NOC 4164.

The relevant lead statement for NOC 4164, according to the HRSDC website, is

I would say that your first main duty describes the lead statement explicitly, with the rest of your main duties possibly falling under the big umbrella of 'social research'. I'm not sure, though, how the visa officer would interpret them.

Some of your duties fall under the duties of social survey researcher as well (items 3 - 7), where the others (items 1, 2, and 9) fall under the duties of social policy researchers. Again, as I said, it's not that easy to see these connections, so let's hope the visa officer would put his effort in evaluating your work experience letter against the NOC descriptions (at least it matches the lead statement though).

lol, it's not like I could stop this thread from growing past the 888th page :p

About the post number, not to be superstitious or anything, but the number '8' is considered a lucky number in my culture, and especially three eight's in a row :D
Thanks a lot buddy.. appreciated!

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Holygun said:
Thanks a lot buddy.. appreciated!
Do you have two applications (PNP and PhD stream) in parallel?

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
meyakanor said:
Do you have two applications (PNP and PhD stream) in parallel?
Thats for a friend of mine... But in past I applied for PhD three times... and they had problems all the time..

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
Hi all;

I have one other question... This is for out of CANADA work experience letter, that is your HOMECOUNTRY and you don't need a permit to work :)

If you have literally worked full-time, i.e. 40 hrs / week, but mean while you were studying towards your Masters Degree.

Do you see any problem? Will they accept the work experience full or will they deduct some hours for Masters study...

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
meyakanor said:

Interesting, I thought Number 7, is the only lucky number now realize it also varies with culture ;), just kidding man. As Never Giveup mentioned, do not retire when forum page reach to 888 page :).

raylan

Jul 31, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm planning to apply my PR now. My situation is that I'm qualified for applying under the Phd stream as well as the family (spouse) sponsorship stream (my spouse is a Canadian citizen). I just don't know which way would be easier and faster......does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

And if Phd stream is a better option, I'm wondering does anyone know who should be responsible to sign the reference letter that lists the RA/TA working experience & duties? The supervisor? Graduate student advisor? or the department's chair?

Thanks a lot! :)