Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Gloryintoronto said:
Does the research assistantship have to be from university or college? Does a research assistantship experience, gained in the institutions other than college or university, fall under the NOC code 4012? I have a back home research assistantship experience where I assisted senior researches with research activities such as literature review, data analysis and publication but it was not at a University or college. Can I claim it under NOC code 4012? Sorry for highjacking this post.
You have to be enrolled in a University or college to claim RA/TA work experience
i quote from the NOC description for NOC 4012
"Employment requirements

Enrolment in a university or college program is required."

so in short, the answer to your question is unfortunately no :(

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
salem10 said:
Sir, what you say is only reflect your personality and way of thinking. If you have subjective argument, present it. Otherwise, you are the one who need to take your advise.
Yes we are watching ur Personality for a while and getting really tired of them. The only thing I would like to request you plz do study before making any comment or argument otherwise nobody will listen to u nor u will pass in ur PhD defense :D. Nd for sure its similarly true for me as well.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
Hey Govind, when did u get ur last CAIPS? did u requested recently? I have applied for another set just today, wanted to see how they treat the updated reference letter. So, plz share ur updated letter experience with the forum.
I got my last GCMS on the 2nd of July and that is when I found that SL....had analyzed my file on the 7th of May. I had updated my letter on the 24 th of May and I see a note saying that it has been attached to my file. IN fact I have two notes to this effect since I followed up an email with a hard copy through express post. Have requested for another set of notes today to see if the letter I updated two weeks ago has been attached to my file. My due date is on the 27th of August and the application has been assigned to FA by RK...... so lets see.....

I guess you have lot's of free time to spend on research now (pun intended) as you are close to passing eligibility !!

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
salem10 said:
Sir, what you say is only reflect your personality and way of thinking. If you have subjective argument, present it. Otherwise, you are the one who need to take your advise.
What was said was a bit uncalled for, but it it to be expected when you piss people off. You are clearly a sore non-PhD applicant that has no substantive argument. You keep going around and around a false loop that generate useless information that does not help you nor anyone else here.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjuku said:
You have to be enrolled in a University or college to claim RA/TA work experience
i quote from the NOC description for NOC 4012
"Employment requirements

Enrolment in a university or college program is required."

so in short, the answer to your question is unfortunately no :(

According to page 12 of OP 6c (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf), "Note: The “Employment Requirements” listed in the NOC description for each occupation are not applicable."
Since the employment requirements are not applicable, maybe you can put your work under NOC 4012.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
S_Govind said:
I got my last GCMS on the 2nd of July and that is when I found that SL....had analyzed my file on the 7th of May. I had updated my letter on the 24 th of May and I see a note saying that it has been attached to my file. IN fact I have two notes to this effect since I followed up an email with a hard copy through express post. Have requested for another set of notes today to see if the letter I updated two weeks ago has been attached to my file. My due date is on the 27th of August and the application has been assigned to FA by RK...... so lets see.....

I guess you have lot's of free time to spend on research now (pun intended) as you are close to passing eligibility !!
I think we all should be fine whoever updated the reference letter before the assessment due date. Now talking about research, u also know that before getting MR or PPR its not really possible to be relaxed :(. Good luck on u man.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
beh467 said:
According to page 12 of OP 6c, "Note: The “Employment Requirements” listed in the NOC description for each occupation are not applicable."
Since the employment requirements are not applicable, maybe you can put your work under NOC 4012.
I've actually been wondering about this as well. There has been a discussion on how to properly claim post-doc experience, since most of the main duties (and even the lead statement) of NOC 4012 would apply to post-doc as well, but obviously they are not currently enrolled in a university or a college program.

I think it should be recommended for post-doctoral scientists (or any research scientist) to use the NOC appropriate for their field of study.

Given the absence of an occupational code in the NOC for post-doctoral fellows, please use the applicant's specialty. For example, an applicant in Earth Sciences could be coded 2113 as a geologist or 2115.2 as a soil scientist.

Please DO NOT code post-doctoral fellows as post-secondary research assistants, NOC code 4122.1, as this creates internal problems at universities and impacts applications for permanent residence, since the educational and skill levels are lower.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf
I'm not sure if this particular guide was meant so that there won't be internal confusion when a university is trying to hire a foreign post-doc, but I would say that it's probably a better idea for a research scientist to use the NOC code for their field of specialty rather than NOC 4012.

Of course, one can always argue that solely not meeting the employment requirements should never be a basis for rejection, thus, it should be okay to apply under NOC 4012, even if one is not enrolled in a university or a college program, however, it's always better to play it safe. I would say, try your best to find the corresponding NOC to your field of study (physics, biology, medicine, etc), then try to match your duties and lead statement with that NOC.

kaziahmmed said:
I think we all should be fine whoever updated the reference letter before the assessment due date. Now talking about research, u also know that before getting MR or PPR its not really possible to be relaxed :(. Good luck on u man.
I think you're fine, man. The date that I got a document request from FA01772 was also the date that Ottawa passed my selection factor. I hope you have a healthy bank balance within the last 6 months, 'cause that's pretty much the only thing that can stop you from passing eligibility :)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
meyakanor said:
I think you're fine, man. The date that I got a document request from FA01772 was also the date that Ottawa passed my selection factor. I hope you have a healthy bank balance within the last 6 months, 'cause that's pretty much the only thing that can stop you from passing eligibility :)
I am assuming u already hit the magical number 888 rite ;). In note section (evaluated by SL) also mentioned that PA claims $15168 transferable funds with transactions history from X to XX. So, I am crossing my finger he also has satisfied with my bank statements (as in the Eligibility status section he Recommend Passed). Thanks for your concern man.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
Holygun said:
Hi Salem;

calculation errors will be taken into consideration thanks...

However this is a full time job not a study and work at the same time... so what ever shown above is a full time job after graduation from masters programme.. do you think it is not clear on letter..?
If your work experience was in Canada, the salary is a way low. It shouldn't be lower than around $20/hr for a research assistant.

For out of Canada it's OK.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
beh467 said:
According to page 12 of OP 6c (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf), "Note: The “Employment Requirements” listed in the NOC description for each occupation are not applicable."
Actually i didn't know that...good point!...but i do know of a person who claimed RA experience while working in a Pharmaceautical company and was rejected that work experience for not meeting the NOC requirements...i don't know too many details of that, only that since the person had other work experience, he still qualified..but i would say it's risky to rely on this argument if it is the sole work experience you have!(just my take on it ;))

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
aililia said:
If your work experience was in Canada, the salary is a way low. It shouldn't be lower than around $20/hr for a research assistant.

For out of Canada it's OK.
Yea it is out of canada and currency exchange is problem :)

Anybody has any other inputs on the letter content?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Holygun said:
Yea it is out of canada and currency exchange is problem :)

Anybody has any other inputs on the letter content?
You do not have to write it in CAD, I used the currency of my country.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
meyakanor said:
Hi meyakanor,

Just please don't retire from this thread when the number of pages hits 888. :)

-kg.jadu

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
Houra said:
Did it contain the lead statement and substantial number of duties? Did you clearly say you "assisted professors"?
The assessment may have been before your updated letter got attached to your file. In my case, it took them over 2 weeks to attach the updated letter to my file. Even though your note says the letter was received on Apr24, it may not have been attached to your file by May9 when the assessment was made.

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to send another letter. Make it even more comprehensive this time. Be sure not to contradict the previous letters.

For your adaptability, you seem to have sent all possible documents. I think kuzey is right, you will probably get the points at the final assessment.
Yes it contained the lead statement and and substantial number of duties and also I clearly stated I assisted professor. By the way, I have prepared the following RA letter which is compatible with my previous one. I would be really thankful if you could review it and let me know your comments.

To: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm Mr.*** has worked part time (30 hours work per week) as a research assistant specialized in the field of *** at the *** laboratory, Department of ***, University of *** since *** until ***. As a research assistant, Mr.*** has assisted Professor *** (his supervisor and faculty member of University of ***) in research activities in area of ***.
His main roles and responsibilities were:
1. Conduct research in *** laboratory.
2. Analyze the research results and conduct literature and technical reviews and surveys.
3. Participate in research group meetings and seminars.
4. Prepare publications (journal articles and papers) of research results.
5. Conducting laboratory experiments in field of *** for using in scholarly publications.
6. Assisting professor in analyzing research results and preparing publication (journal articles and conference posters).
7. Preparing and delivering research presentation.
Also his salary for his work was as following:
1. From *** to ***: *** $CAD
2. From *** to ***: *** $CAD
3. From *** to ***: *** $CAD
3. From *** to ***: *** $CAD

If you required more information, please contact me at my address below.

Yours sincerely,

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
N_O said:
I second what Houra suggested. I also think that the assessment was before attaching the updated reference letter, however it wouldn't hurt to update both of you reference letters again to be in the safe side, there is a new file that has most of the successful letters in PhD stream
I didn't find your info in the tracker, if you would like to be added there please post your dates, nationality, number of persons, ecas, and kind of work experience.
Good Luck!
It's my info that you can post it in tracker:
Application received by Sydney: 7 September 2012
File number issued: 7 November 2012
Document request: 26 March 2013 (POF and PhD info)
Document sent: 19 April (POF, PhD info, and updated RA letter)
CAIPS note request: 25 June 2013
CAIPS note received: 29 July 2013
Nationality: Iranian
Number of persons: 1
Work experience: RA, TA and other (more than 3 years other work experience)