+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

CuriousGuy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2013
I got the CoPR and PP back today from CPP-O.

Timeline:

Application Filed: January 16, 2012
Fee Charged: March 01, 2012
PER Received: March 16, 2012
Document Request: Only PCC. January 16, 2013
Medical Request: January 17, 2013
Medical Done: January 23, 2013
PPR and RPRF: May 4, 2013
Passport Sent: May 16, 2013
Visa Issued: June 17, 2013

Work Experience: RA + other
Nationality: Pakistani

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
CuriousGuy said:
I got the CoPR and PP back today from CPP-O.

Timeline:

Application Filed: January 16, 2012
Fee Charged: March 01, 2012
PER Received: March 16, 2012
Document Request: Only PCC. January 16, 2013
Medical Request: January 17, 2013
Medical Done: January 23, 2013
PPR and RPRF: May 4, 2013
Passport Sent: May 16, 2013
Visa Issued: June 17, 2013

Work Experience: RA + other
Nationality: Pakistani
Congrats!! wishing you a very pleasant landing :)

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
This is my last version of Updated Reference Letter:

As a post-secondary teaching and research assistant, Mr. X assists 'Y' University professors in teaching and research activities. Following are the lists of his main duties as a Research Assistant (RA):
• Conduct literature reviews.
• Design and conduct experiments.
• Compiling experimental results and assisting professors in the analysis of results.
• Write journal papers -to communicate the experimental work complete with data analysis and interpretation presenting them in the context of existing information in the literature.
• Supervise undergraduate summer research students.
It is expected that PhD students work full time (35hrs/week) as an RA. I am pleased to inform that Mr.X has met this expectation for the last three (3) years and five (5) months continuously.
Mr. X responsibilities as a Teaching Assistantship (TA) are as follows:
Assist professors in the preparation of class lecture materials.
• Conducts tutorial and moderate discussion group.
• Mark/Grade assignments, mid-term and final examinations.

Perfect ! you should be good with this.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Guys (CuriousGuy, guowei18, beh467, NeverGiveUp), congratulations :) It's always good to see some good news

English said:
Hello Guys,
It has been more than 6 weeks since I applied for PR but i haven't receive PER yet ? should I be concerned about it? My application status in eCAS is " In process"
6 weeks ago was the week of May 6th. Did you apply under the new rule? Nobody who has applied under the new rule has received PER. I think Sydney just got swamped really bad since applicants from all over the world must have been bombarding them with tons of documents, especially the past month :)

salam20 said:
On May 8th I got a proof of fund request, on the May 9th I ordered CGMS. I got my GCMS today. I notice the following:
- RCMP Screening Submitted
- Security in progress
- Criminality in progress
- Selection not started
Did you get "No Reportable Trace" for RCMP screening? It does look like that they now start admissibility screening much earlier in the process. Ottawa initiated my background check after they passed me on selection factor, but for you, the process was reversed. But it's good since eligibility usually takes only minutes whereas background check can easily take months.

S_Govind said:
Perfect ! you should be good with this.
Ya, I think his letter was really good. Let's hope it got in before assessment was done by Ottawa.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
asbereth said:
Did you get "No Reportable Trace" for RCMP screening? It does look like that they now start admissibility screening much earlier in the process. Ottawa initiated my background check after they passed me on selection factor, but for you, the process was reversed. But it's good since eligibility usually takes only minutes whereas background check can easily take months.
No, I did not get "No Reportable Trace" for RCMP screening, yet. If they start the admissibility screening, how long it may take. Can I make the process faster?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
asbereth said:
Ya, I think his letter was really good. Let's hope it got in before assessment was done by Ottawa.
I submitted this one on 24th May through Xpresspost and also through e-mail on 3rd June but didn't get any confirmation from Ottawa office, then I went to MP office and they called to the Ottawa office at my presence to confirm whether they received the documents or not but most of the officer was busy on that time but thankfully Ottawa office called back to the MP office next day and confirmed that they have received my documents, added to my file and will be reviewed by 20th June. I did my my best even sometimes more than I could do but everything will be in vain with one terrifying rejection letter :(

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
I submitted this one on 24th May through Xpresspost and also through e-mail on 3rd June but didn't get any confirmation from Ottawa office, then I went to MP office and they called to the Ottawa office at my presence to confirm whether they received the documents or not but most of the officer was busy on that time but thankfully Ottawa office called back to the MP office next day and confirmed that they have received my documents, added to my file and will be reviewed by 20th June. I did my my best even sometimes more than I could do but everything will be in vain with one terrifying rejection letter :(
Don't worry man, you're good. I sent my updated letters of reference on May 16 and it seems they were accepted, as I got medical request today. It should be mentioned that my old letters were very simple such that I'm pretty sure I would get rejected if I had not submitted the updated versions. My first RA/TA letter (issued by the department) provided some general information regarding my duties and did not include the lead statement and substantial duties. My industrial work experience (4 years) letter from back home was also very fundamental and did not even list my main duties and the projects that I was involved... I got updated letters for both my work experiences providing more details about duties and the lead statements... Of course, using the experience of the seniors in this forum.

Good luck with your application.

DrImmi

Jun 7, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
Guys,

My application was received on May 3rd and my credit card got charged on May 13th; however I did not receive PER yet. On June 3rd, my e-case showing "In Process" with the following message:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 3, 2013.
I did e-mail both CIO and CPP-O, but they did not reply yet.

I have two questions:

- For those who received PER, does the e-case status showing any other message than "we received your app ..."?

- I need to send an updated RA/TA letter, should I just e-mail it to CPP-O or should I wait for the PER?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
DrImmi said:
Guys,

My application was received on May 3rd and my credit card got charged on May 13th; however I did not receive PER yet. On June 3rd, my e-case showing "In Process" with the following message:

I did e-mail both CIO and CPP-O, but they did not reply yet.

I have two questions:

- For those who received PER, does the e-case status showing any other message than "we received your app ..."?

- I need to send an updated RA/TA letter, should I just e-mail it to CPP-O or should I wait for the PER?
You better to wait until you get your PER/ your documents reach in your Visa office. I believe your file still in Sydney. Once you get your PER, wait for couple of Weeks or month and then send the updated letter both mail and email. Don't worry you still have to wait long long time to get a final decision, i.e. you will have enough time to update your reference letter(s).

Polaad56

Jun 17, 2013
Hello,

I have sent my application a week ago and it hasn't appeared online yet (ecas), and I have my Police Certificate now, and I am travelling abroad for a few months, I want to send the document. Should I send it to Sydney or the Ottawa Office. How do I make it identifiable. Thanks,

P.S. My application arrived in Sydney 11 June 2013, please add me in the tracker.

CuriousGuy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
Congrats!! wishing you a very pleasant landing :)
Thank you kaziahmmed and Asbereth.

I landed at the Peace Bridge, Fort Erie (made a U-turn before entering US). I had the bank statement and university Enrollment/RA letter ready but they did not ask for anything other than CoPR and Passport. The whole procedure took almost 10 minutes. I would recommend everyone to double check the mailing address for the PR card, they enter it from the ID you provide them, as the officer made a mistake while copying my address.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Polaad56 said:
Hello,

I have sent my application a week ago and it hasn't appeared online yet (ecas), and I have my Police Certificate now, and I am travelling abroad for a few months, I want to send the document. Should I send it to Sydney or the Ottawa Office. How do I make it identifiable. Thanks,

P.S. My application arrived in Sydney 11 June 2013, please add me in the tracker.
It is difficult to add documents at this stage, as you do not have a file number. Ask a friend to send it to Ottawa after you get your file number as you are travelling.

Would you please post the rest of your information to be added to the spreadsheet?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
CuriousGuy said:
Thank you kaziahmmed and Asbereth.

I landed at the Peace Bridge, Fort Erie (made a U-turn before entering US). I had the bank statement and university Enrollment/RA letter ready but they did not ask for anything other than CoPR and Passport. The whole procedure took almost 10 minutes. I would recommend everyone to double check the mailing address for the PR card, they enter it from the ID you provide them, as the officer made a mistake while copying my address.
Great!! these news gives us a bit of relief that at least after receiving the passport (of course with Visa) finally end up the painful stresses over the year. Goodluck CuriousGuy on the way of your Canadian Citizen (and of course a great Citizen) ;). One more thing if you ever become a Immigration Officer please don't forget the sufferings that you had experienced and do not forget ppl like us ;)))))

Polaad56

Jun 17, 2013
N_O said:
It is difficult to add documents at this stage, as you do not have a file number. Ask a friend to send it to Ottawa after you get your file number as you are travelling.

Would you please post the rest of your information to be added to the spreadsheet?
Date received: 11 June 2013
Nationality: Irani
Number of People: 1
Kind of work experience: Other + RA/TA