+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Hi friends,

I just got medical request.

I would like to thank you all for your kind help, suggestions and comments (especially asbereth and N_O) during the last couple of months in solving my POF issue as well as improving my letters of reference.

I wish much luck and success for the rest of applicants.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
NeverGiveUp said:
Hi friends,

I would like to thank you all for your kind help, suggestions and comments (especially asbereth and N_O) during the last couple of months in solving my POF issue as well as improving my letters of reference.

Congrats!!! Its always great to see the happy ppl around :)

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
NeverGiveUp said:
Hi friends,

Congrats!

You're welcome! Wish us tons of luck.

Would you please share the last version of your reference letters?

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
N_O said:
Congrats!

You're welcome! Wish us tons of luck.

Would you please share the last version of your reference letters?
Thanks kaziahmmed and N_O, I wish you tons of luck, and remember "Never Give UP" ;) Sure, I will share my reference letter shortly.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
English said:
Hello Guys,
It has been more than 6 weeks since I applied for PR but i haven't receive PER yet ? should I be concerned about it? My application status in eCAS is " In process"

Thanks
Same thing happened in my case. But I received PER before 6 weeks. I got PER after 4 days they updated my status in eCAS to "In Process". When did they update the status in ecAS? If it is long ago, you can email them to send PER. Sometimes they forget it or it might have hit your junk mailbox.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaziahmmed said:
But I found they put the date in my GCMS exactly one year after my application submission. 20th June 2012 i have submitted the application and assessment date is 20th June 2013.
You are right. They put a date as the deadline which is one year after PER. However, the real assessment date may be different. For me, the assessment date on GCMS notes was May1, 2013 but my file was assessed on May 29 while I had update my work experience reference letter on May14.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
NeverGiveUp said:
Thanks kaziahmmed and N_O, I wish you tons of luck, and remember "Never Give UP" ;) Sure, I will share my reference letter shortly.
Hi could you please share your last GCMS report, how many points they awarded you and when did you got that last one. I got mine on April and I found they awarded me 73 points, 3 yrs work experience were counted, 9 points from adaptability, i have a Canadian masters and my wife had MBA from back home. Do u mind to share ur story :)

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
musicinthedark said:
My application arrive Sydney on April 19, 2013, charged on May 6. No further information since then. The online status is in process. Finger cross.
Have you not received PER email? You can email them as the timeline crossed 6 weeks.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
beh467 said:
You are right. They put a date as the deadline which is one year after PER. However, the real assessment date may be different. For me, the assessment date on GCMS notes was May1, 2013 but my file was assessed on May 29 while I had update my work experience reference letter on May14.
This is interesting, I think Zorroo is unfortunate then, who knows I also could be :((( although I updated my reference letter May24th but assesment due date is on June20th, way before the deadline. Really stressed these days:(

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
NeverGiveUp said:
Hi friends,

Congrats. Persistence pays doesn't it !

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
Hi could you please share your last GCMS report, how many points they awarded you and when did you got that last one. I got mine on April and I found they awarded me 73 points, 3 yrs work experience were counted, 9 points from adaptability, i have a Canadian masters and my wife had MBA from back home. Do u mind to share ur story :)
In my first GCMS notes that I got in April, my selection factor was not done yet. I ordered a new one on May 22, and will probably get it soon. I'll let you know once I receive it. :)

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
On May 8th I got a proof of fund request, on the May 9th I ordered CGMS. I got my GCMS today. I notice the following:
- RCMP Screening Submitted
- Security in progress
- Criminality in progress
- Selection not started
My ecas shows in progress.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaziahmmed said:
This is interesting, I think Zorroo is unfortunate then, who knows I also could be :((( although I updated my reference letter May24th but assesment due date is on June20th, way before the deadline. Really stressed these days:(
If your updated letter includes the lead statement and matches the NOC duties you are fine.
Don't be stressed :)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
beh467 said:
If your updated letter includes the lead statement and matches the NOC duties you are fine.
Don't be stressed :)
This is my last version of Updated Reference Letter:

This will confirm that Mr.X is registered as a full-time student in the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in the Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering at 'Y' University, Ontario, Canada. Mr. X commenced the program in January, 2010. He has completed three (3) years and five (5) months in the program as of May, 2013 and is expected to finish by 2014. Mr. X is in good standing in the PhD program.
Mr. X receives funding in the minimum amount of $XX (including benefits) per year for his work as a Research Assistant (RA) and Teaching Assistant (TA). Mr. X is now under the category of domestic student and such; he no longer received an International Tuition Award of $XXX per year which he used to receive at the beginning of his enrollment.
As a post-secondary teaching and research assistant, Mr. X assists 'Y' University professors in teaching and research activities. Following are the lists of his main duties as a Research Assistant (RA):
• Conduct literature reviews.
• Design and conduct experiments.
• Compiling experimental results and assisting professors in the analysis of results.
• Write journal papers -to communicate the experimental work complete with data analysis and interpretation presenting them in the context of existing information in the literature.
• Supervise undergraduate summer research students.
It is expected that PhD students work full time (35hrs/week) as an RA. I am pleased to inform that Mr.X has met this expectation for the last three (3) years and five (5) months continuously.
Mr. X responsibilities as a Teaching Assistantship (TA) are as follows:
Assist professors in the preparation of class lecture materials.
• Conducts tutorial and moderate discussion group.
• Mark/Grade assignments, mid-term and final examinations.
As a TA he has worked 30-60 hours per semester for the Fall and Winter semesters for the last three years and five months which is total of 340 hours (till April, 2013).
If you require any further information regarding Mr. X status, please do not hesitate to contact me.