+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Payam8

Jun 4, 2013
kuzey said:
My suggestion is that for financial issues with your university in Ontario contact with the following manager in the Ministry of training directly:

Mehta, Mehul
Phone: 416-314-6912 Email: mehul.mehta @ ontario.ca
Address:
Mehul Mehta
Manager - UNIVERSITIES FINANCE UNIT
Mowat Block
7th Flr
900 Bay St
Toronto ON M7A1L2

Send an email to her and first resolve your issue with her. Then ask her to contact with your office of registrar to force them to accept your letter. She is the manager of the section in Ministry of training who updated the operation manual to all universities in Ontario.
Thanks a lot Kuzey, The_Prince and asbereth. I will keep you posted.

yunshi

Jun 4, 2013
asbereth said:
With all due respect to SFU dean of graduate studies, I don't think they necessarily have the final say as to what work experience is or is not accepted for immigration purposes. I checked that particular section of OP6C (Section 6.3), and nowhere is it mentioned that non-taxable income is not accepted.

Just because you receive a research funding in lump sum at the beginning of the term, it DOES NOT mean that you are not paid to conduct your research activities. As long as your funding (taxable or non-taxable) is dispersed specifically to remunerate your research activities, your RA should be considered PAID work experience. Now, if your scholarship is for something else not related to your research (such as to waive international differential fee), then obviously you cannot claim this as your research compensation. But if it is a research funding, it should be fine.

The most important part is to document your TA/RA duties and lead statement, and also the number of hours (which may be a challenge if your research funding is non-taxable). Hard, but doable.
Right. But I had an appointment showing RA with 70 hours biweekly in one summer. For other semesters, I got lump-sum payment at the beginning of the semester as fellowship funding research work, and thus no hours info available. Anyway, I only have T4As. And it seems to me that the number of hours is based on what my supervisor say as there is essentially no other proof of how many hours I am getting paid. Did everyone apply with only a letter from the supervisor to prove the number of hours?

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
asbereth said:
This is interesting. Have you finished your PhD, or did you complete a Bachelor's or a Master's in Canada? Also, you mentioned that you expected 72 or 73 points, but Sydney only gave you 68 points. Could it be because your education was evaluated differently than you expected? Or were you expecting some adaptability points that you were not awarded by Sydney?
I did not do my bachelors in Canada. I was a masters and fast tracked to PhD. I provided a letter from univ that I transferred to PhD and have a masters in principle. Also I had taken my comp and provided that letter too that my status is ABD. I was shorthanded on education, they counted 17 years of education and evaluated me having a 2 year bachelor of arts. I am in sciences and have an advanced degree before coming to canada and had 21 years of education.

Point tally( obviously evaluated on older grid), total 68

Age- 10
Language- 16
Education- > 17 years, points awarded 20( was expecting 25 with masters equivalent and an already professional degree)
Experience- 17
Adaptability-5

Apart from previous study, was not expecting anything.

Though I had not submitted post doc offer then (dont know it counts as arranged employment or not, we dont need LMO). Hoping to get past with job offer if anything unexpected happens at Ottawa.

New grid is nicer, minus credential assessment. I have 75 without job offer.

Fingers crossed.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
asbereth said:
Let's hope they won't reject the first one, but I was wondering, what prompted you to send the second application again? Did you send updated letter of reference for your first application?
I did not include the reference letters that include the leading statement and job duties with my first application.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
aidina said:
Just update your reference letter for the 1st application. That is all you need!
I was not on the forum for few weeks. Is there any update? did anyone had the same case and his new reference letters were accepted and considered later?
I got from the similar cases on the forum few months ago that the cpp does not accept nor consider the new reference letters, if the letters were not attached to the application package since day one. Please let me know if that rule has changed.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
salam20 said:
I was not on the forum for few weeks. Is there any update? did anyone had the same case and his new reference letters were accepted and considered later?
I got from the similar cases on the forum few months ago that the cpp does not accept nor consider the new reference letters, if the letters were not attached to the application package since day one. Please let me know if that rule has changed.
Aidina's and hooman2012's updated letters were accepted. Both were rejected then they sent Ottawa emails saying they sent updated reference before, when Ottawa gus found those letters they put both application in process again! After that, Hooman2012 received rejection because he go less than 67 points while Aidina passed the selection factors and he has to prove that his POF is transferable.
These 2 cases proved without doubt that they accept any updated letter, just make sure that they attached it to your application and you included the leading statement and the duties.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
salam20 said:
Mine was accepted. Send them your additional letter. Assure you include both the lead statement and duties in your new letter. Send it by e-mail, and after a week, ask them wether it is attached to your file or not. That is all what you need.

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Even beh467 sent them an updated letter a week before their assessment and it was accepted

N_O said:
Aidina's and hooman2012's updated letters were accepted. Both were rejected then they sent Ottawa emails saying they sent updated reference before, when Ottawa gus found those letters they put both application in process again! After that, Hooman2012 received rejection because he go less than 67 points while Aidina passed the selection factors and he has to prove that his POF is transferable.
These 2 cases proved without doubt that they accept any updated letter, just make sure that they attached it to your application and you included the leading statement and the duties.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
aidina said:
Mine was accepted. Send them your additional letter. Assure you include both the lead statement and duties in your new letter. Send it by e-mail, and after a week, ask them wether it is attached to your file or not. That is all what you need.
Hi Aidina--
I sent them my updated letter through xpresspost on 23rd May and also inform them (e-mail) that I sent the updated letter. But didn't get any response till 2nd June. I have sent the soft copy of that letter again through e-mail on 2nd June(in addition) and asked them whether my documents (hard copy) added to my file or not. But din't get any reply yet :(. Do you know usually after how long they reply once you ask about the document (attached or not)?
Thank you.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kuzey said:
Even beh467 sent them an updated letter a week before their assessment and it was accepted
Yah! I forgot about him :)

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Hi Aidina--
I sent them my updated letter through xpresspost on 23rd May and also inform them (e-mail) that I sent the updated letter. But didn't get any response till 2nd June. I have sent the soft copy of that letter again through e-mail on 2nd June(in addition) and asked them whether my documents (hard copy) added to my file or not. But din't get any reply yet :(. Do you know usually after how long they reply once you ask about the document (attached or not)?
Thank you.

I sent them my POF on May 25, 2013. Made an inquiry about its status on May 30, and got their confirmation on May 31st at 10 pm. Do not send them several inquiries about the same issue. Give them a little of time. BTW, save safely your evidence to be able to prove them they had the additional letter before their date of decision if you need in the future (remember my case). It is not a bad idea to order your CAIPS right now. As it will show you whether the additional letter has been attached to your file or not. Of course, it might take about a month to get it.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Hi Aidina--
Thank you.
Actually this is normal. I've send a new letter on March 2nd and made an inquiry on March 10th. But until now I still haven't got any reply from them, it has been more than two months. So I sent the letter by mail again in mid April. Later when I checked on my CAIPS, they actually got my email and attached to my file in early March, but just have no curtosy to reply my email.

Anyway I have made another enquiry to them in May regarding the acceptance of my PC and they replied me after a couple days. So I think sometimes they reply your email and sometimes not. The best way to confirm is ordering CAIPS.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
starrysky said:
Actually this is normal. I've send a new letter on March 2nd and made an inquiry on March 10th. But until now I still haven't got any reply from them, it has been more than two months. So I sent the letter by mail again in mid April. Later when I checked on my CAIPS, they actually got my email and attached to my file in early March, but just have no curtosy to reply my email.

Anyway I have made another enquiry to them in May regarding the acceptance of my PC and they replied me after a couple days. So I think sometimes they reply your email and sometimes not. The best way to confirm is ordering CAIPS.
Thanks Aidina and Starrsky--Could you please tell me what latest information I should expect in my CAIPS if I order today. I know it takes a month to receive the CAIPS. I remember last time when I have applied (April 18th) that has the information till March 21st (first Note, i.e. last update), although the requested date was showing April 24th (I received on May 21st). So, is that mean, if I order today I will receive the information till 12th June??? If you guys could light on this shade that would be appreciated.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Stuck In Quebec said:
I did not do my bachelors in Canada. I was a masters and fast tracked to PhD. I provided a letter from univ that I transferred to PhD and have a masters in principle. Also I had taken my comp and provided that letter too that my status is ABD. I was shorthanded on education, they counted 17 years of education and evaluated me having a 2 year bachelor of arts. I am in sciences and have an advanced degree before coming to canada and had 21 years of education.

Point tally( obviously evaluated on older grid), total 68

Age- 10
Language- 16
Education- > 17 years, points awarded 20( was expecting 25 with masters equivalent and an already professional degree)
Experience- 17
Adaptability-5

Apart from previous study, was not expecting anything.

Though I had not submitted post doc offer then (dont know it counts as arranged employment or not, we dont need LMO). Hoping to get past with job offer if anything unexpected happens at Ottawa.

New grid is nicer, minus credential assessment. I have 75 without job offer.

Fingers crossed.
Hi--- Did you notice from which office you have given this points? From my GCMS note I found I got 73 points and I have a strong feeling I got these points from sydney office not from CPPO since in the assessment section it shows nothing has started only Criminality is in process, RCMP has submitted

ngag

Mar 9, 2012
N_O said:
Please I have a question about the updated letters of job experience. My file was rejected on January 16th for the same reason. From your quote, does it mean I can still contact them regarding the rejected file to update the experience information ?

I appreciate your help