NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
asbereth said:
Don't worry about PCC then. Send what you have, then you can send it afterwards (or until they make the request). They will definitely acknowledge it since these documents do not influence eligibility directly. I think it was pass2012 who submitted his bank statement history after he submitted his application (initially, only submitted balance). They definitely took this into account as he went straight into getting medical. I'm sure it would be the same for PCC as well.
Thanks for your reply... I just hope one could get the PC before they request the original.
But I think it would be a good idea to send them a cover letter saying that they have an original and that I am requesting a new one all-the-same. What do you think?

And about the CELPIP, do I just refer to the one they have?

AST

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 29, 2013
Nomination.....
PER: April 10, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
TyrusX said:
How much was it, what kind of things the doctor asked you? Can you describe the exam?
Mine was exactly the same as Pass2012 except the price. The price was $210 for adults and $150 for kids, and we paid $720 for a family of 4.

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
Houra said:
I don't think they will return your documents. Same thing happened to me, I emailed them and they replied that they will not send the documents back. I know it sucks to get new translations again.... You can send your new application without police certificate though. Just explain that you have ordered police certificates and it will be ready later when the officer asks for it.
Well that's disheartening! It just seems so hard to communicate with them, ugh!
I think you have a point about the PC.
What about the CELPIP, do I just refer to the one they have?

galaxytab

Feb 27, 2013
Hi everybody,

I am a newcomer here. I received an email from "Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa" that says: In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

1. Evidence of account activity for the past six months
2. The field of study for your doctoral program
3. The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor
4. A detailed Curriculum Vitae
5. A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.

They gave me a month to send them the documents. Actually, I have already sent them pretty much every thing that they asked (of course not the account activity log but the balance). I have seen a few other cases similar to mine in this forum. But I suppose for item 2-5, they want an update.

I have two questions:

1. I am the main applicant since my wife was not a PhD student when we were submitting the application but she started her PhD from the previous semester. For the "Evidence of account activity" I don't have enough money in my account. I have only about $5000. Fortunately, my wife has enough money in her account. One of my friends told me that I need to have the whole money in the main applicant account (I am not sure about it). He also proposed me to fix the issue, we can add my name to my wife's account. So, it's gonna be a shared account and my name appears on both of the accounts. Then I can get the account activity. What do you think about this technique?

2. As I told you, my wife started her PhD a few month ago. Do I need to send them an employment letter stating her status? Is that beneficial? It makes my application more complicated and they may ask for more documents later, right?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
galaxytab said:
Hi everybody,

I am a newcomer here. I received an email from "Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa" that says: In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

3. The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor

They gave me a month to send them the documents. Actually, I have already sent them pretty much every thing that they asked (of course not the account activity log but the balance). I have seen a few other cases similar to mine in this forum. But I suppose for item 2-5, they want an update.

I have two questions:

1. I am the main applicant since my wife was not a PhD student when we were submitting the application but she started her PhD from the previous semester. For the "Evidence of account activity" I don't have enough money in my account. I have only about $5000. Fortunately, my wife has enough money in her account. One of my friends told me that I need to have the whole money in the main applicant account (I am not sure about it). He also proposed me to fix the issue, we can add my name to my wife's account. So, it's gonna be a shared account and my name appears on both of the accounts. Then I can get the account activity. What do you think about this technique?

2. As I told you, my wife started her PhD a few month ago. Do I need to send them an employment letter stating her status? Is that beneficial? It makes my application more complicated and they may ask for more documents later, right?
1. It's okay to send yours and your wife's saving separately, as long as you are legally married and you both, together, have enough money. MAKE SURE you have enough money.

2. Phd itself is not employement. If she is RAing, you can let them know, but it is not going to help with any extra points, as this constitutes "experience that happened after application"

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
galaxytab said:
Hi everybody,

I have two questions:

Although it is likely okay to use both accounts if you're considered spouses, I say go on the safe side and do the joint account; it's fast, easy, and that way there won't be any problem as long as you have enough funds.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
galaxytab said:
Hi everybody,

I have two questions:

When did you submit your application?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
ASG said:
Although it is likely okay to use both accounts if you're considered spouses, I say go on the safe side and do the joint account; it's fast, easy, and that way there won't be any problem as long as you have enough funds.
I'm wondering though, if he just recently adds his name to the account, would his name show up in all the statements up to 6 months back? I don't think that this will be a problem, just curious.

Also, I have a question regarding POF. I'm sure some of you show the combination of bank balances in both Canadian and foreign bank accounts?

Let's say the total balance of all of my bank accounts (four in total) have never dipper below the required the required threshold for the last 6 months. However, around November, there was a large deposit to one of my Canadian bank accounts (my family would financially support me by periodically sending me wire transfer, so it's not a borrowed money). At the time (November), the total cumulative balance of all my accounts (Canadian and overseas) was still above the required threshold (though in Canada, I only had like about 9,600).

So to summarize, the total money I have had available across all of my bank accounts in both Canada and overseas (all under my name alone, no joint account) had never dipped below 11,115 for even a single day, it's just that about 3.5 months ago, there was a large deposit (in the excess of 6,000 dollars) from my family to one my Canadian accounts.

I'm wondering if this would create a problem with them, or am I just being too paranoid over nothing (hopefully the latter)...

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
I'm wondering though, if he just recently adds his name to the account, would his name show up in all the statements up to 6 months back? I don't think that this will be a problem, just curious.

Also, I have a question regarding POF. I'm sure some of you show the combination of bank balances in both Canadian and foreign bank accounts?

Let's say the total balance of all of my bank accounts (four in total) have never dipper below the required the required threshold for the last 6 months. However, around November, there was a large deposit to one of my Canadian bank accounts (my family would financially support me by periodically sending me wire transfer, so it's not a borrowed money). At the time (November), the total cumulative balance of all my accounts (Canadian and overseas) was still above the required threshold (though in Canada, I only had like about 9,600).

So to summarize, the total money I have had available across all of my bank accounts in both Canada and overseas (all under my name alone, no joint account) had never dipped below 11,115 for even a single day, it's just that about 3.5 months ago, there was a large deposit (in the excess of 6,000 dollars) from my family to one my Canadian accounts.

I'm wondering if this would create a problem with them, or am I just being too paranoid over nothing (hopefully the latter)...
Dude, I would say it can create a problem, but who knows? Just let them know what happened. It's important to show that you have that money now. To be honest I don't think it will be a problem. Even if , In my opinion, any money that doesn't come from your work stipend is borrowed, doesn't matter if it comes from your family and they don't expect you to return it.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
Dude, I would say it can create a problem, but who knows? Just let them know what happened. It's important to show that you have that money now. To be honest I don't think it will be a problem. Even if , In my opinion, any money that doesn't come from your work stipend is borrowed, doesn't matter if it comes from your family and they don't expect you to return it.
Ya, showing that I have the money is not a problem (I have had way above the threshold in Canada alone for over 4 months). The deposit happened 4 months ago before they even asked for proof of funds, and when the deposit happened, I have around 9,650 in Canada, and around 3,400 in my overseas account (which hadn't been touched, and still isn't, for several years), so it's not like it's a deposit to bring my balance to the threshold. I hope it won't be a problem. Thanks, man.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asbereth said:

I think this depends on the bank. At my bank, if you change the name on the account, the name is assigned to THE ACCOUNT, no matter when you change it, so all transcations, even before the change, are under the new name.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
ASG said:
I think this depends on the bank. At my bank, if you change the name on the account, the name is assigned to THE ACCOUNT, no matter when you change it, so all transcations, even before the change, are under the new name.
This is interesting. Is this a Canadian bank? I'm assuming you mean if a name is added to the account, right ('cause I don't think it's possible to just 'change' the name)? But this may create all kinds of complications. Say person x, can just join an account with person y, then drop person y from the account. If that's true that all past transactions would also fall under person x's name, then person x now will have all of the history of person y under his name?

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asbereth said:
This is interesting. Is this a Canadian bank? I'm assuming you mean if a name is added to the account, right ('cause I don't think it's possible to just 'change' the name)? But this may create all kinds of complications. Say person x, can just join an account with person y, then drop person y from the account. If that's true that all past transactions would also fall under person x's name, then person x now will have all of the history of person y under his name?
sorry, I just meant to add a name: go from X to X and Y - everything shows up X and Y after the change

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Hi asbereth,
I saw your private email but I couldn't reply because I don't have your email address. If I click in your name, it says your email address is hidden. If you can send me your email address here or in a private email I will reply right away.

sehara

Feb 22, 2013
Hi all,
Can anybody PLEASE answer my question? Did all of the applicant who were requested to submit documents received some feedback (medical or other mails) from CIC during the past month. I applied in Jan 2012 and last month (Jan 24 2013)were requested some document that we did submit (Feb 07,2013). But no news yet. I am getting worried that maybe they sent us an email and it somehow got spammed or not received. Should I contact them?