+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

A.S.K

Feb 19, 2013
aidina said:
Yes. It means that you are entitled to receive a refund for the fee you paid. What was the reason for the refusal?
the reason is

All supporting documentation on file regarding your work experience history was taken into consideration. After reviewing the employment letter from .., it does not indicate any main duties of your work experience. As well, the employment letter does not provide specific dates to determine length of employment. Therefore, evidence of part A, B & C cannot be determined.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

My question, Are they going to return my documents ?

Thanks

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
asbereth said:
I'm assuming that you were told you're not eligible by the CIO? Most likely they will return your application and documents. Several members here are experts in returned documents and re-application (some applied for the 4th time!!!), so they may be able to comment on this :)

That actually looks like it's a good thing. They're probably happy with your bank statement, and are about ready to get your application for further processing (else why would they ask again for these things?). Be grateful that the hardest part (the bank statement part) is over, hopefully you won't have much trouble getting a PCC though. Also, can you elaborate what you submitted for bank statement, and whether you have the money the entire 6 months? Thanks and congrats :)
Yes I showed a bank statement with more than a year account history. Bank statement is OK I am happy that they finally accepted my work experience :)

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
andy.fan said:
I think this is the final assessment.
I got my PER in April, 2012, after I send appeal letter to Sydney for the 5 points of 2 years' study in Canada.
But this time, the Ottawa Case Processing Pilot still did not give this 5 points
Sure, the one done by cpp-ottawa is the final assessment. I meant, they should not have given you the 5 points at the very beginning by Sydney even after you appealed.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.S.K said:
I've received this email

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Does it mean I am not eligible?
I received the same email because I didn't provide any work experience. They didn't return the money or the documents. I emailed them and they said we started processing and your application was "refused". So I guess this is different than being "ineligible" or "incomplete". At this step, when it is "refused", they don't refund or send the documents back.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.S.K said:
the reason is

All supporting documentation on file regarding your work experience history was taken into consideration. After reviewing the employment letter from .., it does not indicate any main duties of your work experience. As well, the employment letter does not provide specific dates to determine length of employment. Therefore, evidence of part A, B & C cannot be determined.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Thanks
Again, I received the exact same letter, and unfortunately, they didn't return my documents/money...

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aidina said:
That is unfortunate, but I think so (March 29 is shown as the due time for my MD on my CAIPS). The problem is that My chances of being rejected is very high because of my reference letter. That's why, I really need to hear from them sooner to have time to re-apply before May.

Prepare a new application, buddy. I'm doing it right now.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
A.S.K said:
the reason is

Thanks

I got rejected for the same reason. They won't return your documents. Maybe they do it if you request CAIPS. My CAIPS is in process.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
aidina said:
That is crazy. They first ask for the proof of fund (probably 6 month turnover) and then do the final assessment. You never predict their action!
This is unbelievable. Why would they even bother asking for proof of funds, then reject it after a month due to a reason that supposedly has been addressed before (the 5 points by Sydney) after making you wait for a year? andy.fan, appeal (on the basis that you have appealed Sydney's decision regarding the 5 points; but this is a really slim chance), apply for CAIPS, and while waiting, prepare a new application, and maybe even re-take IELTS so that you won't need the adaptability points for previous study.

A.S.K

Feb 19, 2013
Houra said:
Again, I received the exact same letter, and unfortunately, they didn't return my documents/money...
Can we appeal as they didn't mention this case on the website?

thanks

A.S.K

Feb 19, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I got rejected for the same reason. They won't return your documents. Maybe they do it if you request CAIPS. My CAIPS is in process.
Have you been refunded? Can we appeal for money refund?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:
That is crazy. They first ask for the proof of fund (probably 6 month turnover) and then do the final assessment. You never predict their action!
We know that assessment is a continuous process. There are cases where they ask for further proofs even after requesting the passport.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
websphereguy said:
asbereth, you are like me too. I am also on the 16. Have to wait a good extra 1 mth if my theory is right.
but didn't samira apply on feb 16th as well??...........but he/she already heard something back from CIC..correct me if i'm wrong or i'm missing something in your theory ;D

andy.fan

Mar 27, 2012
asbereth said:
This is unbelievable. Why would they even bother asking for proof of funds, then reject it after a month due to a reason that supposedly has been addressed before (the 5 points by Sydney) after making you wait for a year? andy.fan, appeal (on the basis that you have appealed Sydney's decision regarding the 5 points; but this is a really slim chance), apply for CAIPS, and while waiting, prepare a new application, and maybe even re-take IELTS so that you won't need the adaptability points for previous study.
Thanks
I also think so
By the way, what is CAIPS?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
andy.fan said:
Thanks
I also think so
By the way, what is CAIPS?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Caips

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
andy.fan said:
:'(, I just received the rejection letter from CIC
The main problem is the follows
" I could not award any points for previous study in Canada has you have not completed a program of study in Canada as yet. As you have received only 62 points"

Before I received my PER, I also did not got the 5 points for adaptability. So I send an appeal letter and then got my PER.
But in the final assessment, I still did not got this 5 points. Can I send an appeal letter again?
Man, so sorry to hear. I think appealing is certainly worth trying because it does not take much time and hey, what if it works?

I completely agree that this further confirms the complete randomness of the review process.