26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
aidina said:
It might be true. However, I hope it is not, otherwise I would need to wait until the first half of April to be contacted.
I'm so tired of waiting too (it looks like they stopped processing applications after the 16th, and lo and behold, I sent my application on the 16th last year) :)

But you know what, since your PER is April 10, most likely you'll hear something (document or med request) from them by April 10 2013, since one year after PER is most likely the due date for your medical.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
cyn0sure said:
Does the CIC return the documents of the application if I am not eligible, please? Because some certificates are hard to get again.
I'm assuming that you were told you're not eligible by the CIO? Most likely they will return your application and documents. Several members here are experts in returned documents and re-application (some applied for the 4th time!!!), so they may be able to comment on this :)

samira sokn said:
Hey Guys! I submitted the requested documents and received an email yesterday asking for police certificate, CV and details of my research :)
That actually looks like it's a good thing. They're probably happy with your bank statement, and are about ready to get your application for further processing (else why would they ask again for these things?). Be grateful that the hardest part (the bank statement part) is over, hopefully you won't have much trouble getting a PCC though. Also, can you elaborate what you submitted for bank statement, and whether you have the money the entire 6 months? Thanks and congrats :)

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
asbereth said:
I'm so tired of waiting too (it looks like they stopped processing applications after the 16th, and lo and behold, I sent my application on the 16th last year) :)

But you know what, since your PER is April 10, most likely you'll hear something (document or med request) from them by April 10 2013, since one year after PER is most likely the due date for your medical.
That is unfortunate, but I think so (March 29 is shown as the due time for my MD on my CAIPS). The problem is that My chances of being rejected is very high because of my reference letter. That's why, I really need to hear from them sooner to have time to re-apply before May.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
asbereth said:

asbereth, you are like me too. I am also on the 16. Have to wait a good extra 1 mth if my theory is right.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
websphereguy said:
asbereth, you are like me too. I am also on the 16. Have to wait a good extra 1 mth if my theory is right.
I really hope you're wrong then (as in, for the better, not for the worse) :D But so far it's only been the case for February applications. January applications received document requests all over the month (and completely random too rather than strictly following first come first serve)...

aidina said:
That is unfortunate, but I think so (March 29 is shown as the due time for my MD on my CAIPS). The problem is that My chances of being rejected is very high because of my reference letter. That's why, I really need to hear from them sooner to have time to re-apply before May.
Your due time is actually less than one year after PER, might be a good thing. It also may not be a bad idea to start preparing a new application again if you feel strongly about re-applying (not that I think anything wrong will happen to your application, but aren't we all paranoid?), as I am currently doing that as well. Start with the hardest thing, which in your case, would be PCC? It wouldn't hurt to start re-applying for PCC again (of course if you don't mind the expenses associated with it).

The reason why it may be a good thing is because, you never know what new rules they may implement for the new FSWP program, and we never know whether they will still accept work experience gained when doing full-time study for the new FSWP, so if something negative happens (God forbid), then we are ready to resend the application the day we are sent NER (again may God forbid that from happening).

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
asbereth said:
I really hope you're wrong then (as in, for the better, not for the worse) :D But so far it's only been the case for February applications. January applications received document requests all over the month (and completely random too rather than strictly following first come first serve)...

Your due time is actually less than one year after PER, might be a good thing. It also may not be a bad idea to start preparing a new application again if you feel strongly about re-applying (not that I think anything wrong will happen to your application, but aren't we all paranoid?), as I am currently doing that as well. Start with the hardest thing, which in your case, would be PCC? It wouldn't hurt to start re-applying for PCC again (of course if you don't mind the expenses associated with it).

The reason why it may be a good thing is because, you never know what new rules they may implement for the new FSWP program, and we never know whether they will still accept work experience gained when doing full-time study for the new FSWP, so if something negative happens (God forbid), then we are ready to resend the application the day we are sent NER (again may God forbid that from happening).
Yes, I should start doing it.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asbereth said:

Is any of you applying for Post Graduation Work Permit in the meantime?
My timeline is the same as yours, and I can't wait any longer, but I'd like to have a template of the letter for PGWP.

I know for sure that you don't need to have defended to get the VISA; you just need to have met all the degree requirements.

A.S.K

Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

I am new to this forum, I have applied in 24th Nov. 2012, but I received an email from cic (23rd Jan 13) refusing my application because of the work experience letter. Unfortunate i didn't receive my application till today, Should they return back my file? what about the fees, are they refundable? I am very worried, plz reply to me?

thanks

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
A.S.K said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum, I have applied in 24th Nov. 2012, but I received an email from cic (23rd Jan 13) refusing my application because of the work experience letter. Unfortunate i didn't receive my application till today, Should they return back my file? what about the fees, are they refundable? I am very worried, plz reply to me?

thanks
They should return your application, and refund your fee as well. You must call the CIC call centre and follow your case.

A.S.K

Feb 19, 2013
aidina said:
They should return your application, and refund your fee as well. You must call the CIC call centre and follow your case.
Thanks for your reply, Do you know what is phone number to call this centre?

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
cyn0sure said:
Thank you for your reply. Does the CIC return the documents of the application if I am not eligible, please? Because some certificates are hard to get again.

Thank you so much.
No. If you are not eligible for processing from CIO-Sydney, you are not getting your documents back. You will be getting your money back though. It usually takes 3 to 4 months to get the money back.

Jubayer

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Jubayer said:
No. If you are not eligible for processing from CIO-Sydney, you are not getting your documents back. You will be getting your money back though. It usually takes 3 to 4 months to get the money back.

Jubayer
I would recommend you to call this number 1-888-242‑2100 (CIC call centre) and ask them if you are supposed to have your documents back as well or not.

A.S.K

Feb 19, 2013
Jubayer said:

Jubayer
What about the case if they refuse the application, when are you getting the money back? and also the documents?

Thanks,