30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
TyrusX said:
chill dude, everyone here is poor. The reason for the requirement is so that you can stay in Canada for an year without unemployment. Just try to save as much as you can so if they request you have that amount. I also fell below that threshold many times in the last 9 months.
I know, I know Tyrus but it's frustrating. And Anjuku, your bank is not allowed to divulge your bank history or balance to anybody not even the government. So I don't think that's how it works. I guess they will ask you for the statement automatically from now on. Approve you for the first stage (PER) and then ask for it during medical time which means you will have paid $550 for your application... for nothing.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
utopie said:
I know, I know Tyrus but it's frustrating. And Anjuku, your bank is not allowed to divulge your bank history or balance to anybody not even the government. So I don't think that's how it works. I guess they will ask you for the statement automatically from now on. Approve you for the first stage (PER) and then ask for it during medical time which means you will have paid $550 for your application... for nothing.
This is all pretty ridiculous speculation. It is absolutely correct what they are doing. There is a strict amount that is required in the application guidelines. If you cannot prove you have this amount of money at anytime during the application process, they have the right to reject your application. This is just part of the immigration process. To be honest, we are pretty high risk to the government as a category. They want highly qualified and educated people, that is why they opened the stream, but this category can be high risk, as to be honest it can be very difficult for PhD graduates to get jobs, especially if you have a PhD in an arts or humanities subject for example. They just want to ensure that you have enough money to support yourself for one year once you graduate. They set the bar at a minimum of 2 years to qualify for this stream, but they are really targeting PhD students that are going to be graduating soon and will start paying taxes.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Brit_Immigrant said:
This is all pretty ridiculous speculation. It is absolutely correct what they are doing. There is a strict amount that is required in the application guidelines. If you cannot prove you have this amount of money at anytime during the application process, they have the right to reject your application. This is just part of the immigration process. To be honest, we are pretty high risk to the government as a category. They want highly qualified and educated people, that is why they opened the stream, but this category can be high risk, as to be honest it can be very difficult for PhD graduates to get jobs, especially if you have a PhD in an arts or humanities subject for example. They just want to ensure that you have enough money to support yourself for one year once you graduate. They set the bar at a minimum of 2 years to qualify for this stream, but they are really targeting PhD students that are going to be graduating soon and will start paying taxes.
Can't really agree without any base or evidence of ur hypothesis...;)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
utopie said:
It is frustrating. We are already doing so many more years of education, we are already doing something very difficult, we already so tired of so many things. Then we apply onto the hardest stream of immigration possible. I will have to move to the states next year because my supervisor moved there. It is very annoying. I wish we could all have better news soon.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Brit_Immigrant said:
Well I am defending in April 2013 and I just started a job as a university professor in September. It's a conditional job employment:it will be permanent and tenure track as soon as I have my diploma in Humanities. We'll see what immigration does with that information.
What's the point of opening this stream if we are "high risk"? As I see it they want to keep their "intellectual elite". Even if it takes a while for us to find a position as a university prof, you can always do a living in the meantime. Heck I have a friend who worked at Starbucks for a while before finding a decent job.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
TyrusX said:
It is frustrating. We are already doing so many more years of education, we are already doing something very difficult, we already so tired of so many things. Then we apply onto the hardest stream of immigration possible. I will have to move to the states next year because my supervisor moved there. It is very annoying. I wish we could all have better news soon.
I feel for you Tyrus :(
But I am sure most of us will get the PR with no huge bumps on the road ;)

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
utopie said:
Well I am defending in April 2013 and I just started a job as a university professor in September. It's a conditional job employment:it will be permanent and tenure track as soon as I have my diploma in Humanities. We'll see what immigration does with that information.
What's the point of opening this stream if we are "high risk"? As I see it they want to keep their "intellectual elite". Even if it takes a while for us to find a position as a university prof, you can always do a living in the meantime. Heck I have a friend who worked at Starbucks for a while before finding a decent job.
I didn't mean any offense, congratulations with the job offer. I just meant that their rules are pretty clearly stated and anyone applying as a skilled worker has to meet these funding requirements. Often students are poorly funded (high risk) and they want to make sure that when you graduate you can survive for a year without a job. Everyone may have the capability to work in Starbucks not everyone is willing to and they want to cover their backs. It is frustrating I know, but it is the same for everyone!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
utopie said:
This is pretty interesting because i know for sure that they did call the bank in India for which we showed FD receipts to confirm that the documents and amounts shown were legit....the bank manager told us so :)...

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
anjuku said:
This is pretty interesting because i know for sure that they did call the bank in India for which we showed FD receipts to confirm that the documents and amounts shown were legit....the bank manager told us so :)...
Guess the enforcement of privacy laws isn't as strong as it is in Canada and thus they seem to be taking advantage of that. (just my 2 cents)

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Brit_Immigrant said:
I didn't mean any offense, congratulations with the job offer. I just meant that their rules are pretty clearly stated and anyone applying as a skilled worker has to meet these funding requirements. Often students are poorly funded (high risk) and they want to make sure that when you graduate you can survive for a year without a job. Everyone may have the capability to work in Starbucks not everyone is willing to and they want to cover their backs. It is frustrating I know, but it is the same for everyone!
None taken Brit ;) I know that we are all on the same boat. From what I gathered from the spreadsheet info, they ask for the bank history after PER or did I not read it properly? Usually at the same time as medicals? It's taking them a long time to process the applications. No news about it since my PER at the beginning of August.

northyorkca

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
23-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
No Visa Required
VISA ISSUED...
9-01-2014 (COPR Received)
Please update my information in the spreadsheet. I just received confirmation of receipt of payment as well as PER in an email today.

PER Received: 8 November 2012

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Hi every one,
I sent my application end of Aug 2012. My credit card was charged in the beginning of Nov! and today I got an email asking for an employment letter:
''In order for us to complete the assessment of your application, we require letters of reference from the following employer(s)---- University for which you have requested assessment on your Schedule 3''.

The thing is that I sent them a letter from my department explaining my that I PhD student and also working as research assistant from Sep 2009. I also included number of hours that I work and also my duties!! I also attached the template letter that CIC provided them self to be filled out by our university. In addition, separate letters for those courses, which I was TA, were attached! So basically they had everything in the first place!
I do not know what the hell they are doing and why they ask for the same document after almost 3 mounth?!!! Should I again send them the same document or just sending an email and explain the situation to the? And is it going to delay my application for 60 days?!!!

Thanks

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
nima2000 said:
Hi every one,
I sent my application end of Aug 2012. My credit card was charged in the beginning of Nov! and today I got an email asking for an employment letter:
''In order for us to complete the assessment of your application, we require letters of reference from the following employer(s)---- University for which you have requested assessment on your Schedule 3''.

The thing is that I sent them a letter from my department explaining my that I PhD student and also working as research assistant from Sep 2009. I also included number of hours that I work and also my duties!! I also attached the template letter that CIC provided them self to be filled out by our university. In addition, separate letters for those courses, which I was TA, were attached! So basically they had everything in the first place!
I do not know what the hell they are doing and why they ask for the same document after almost 3 mounth?!!! Should I again send them the same document or just sending an email and explain the situation to the? And is it going to delay my application for 60 days?!!!

Thanks
It means the reference letter form supervisor or the employer? not just the certificate? I just assume

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
I did send them the reference letter from our department ,signed and stamped by the department as well as my supervisor!

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
nima2000 said:
I did send them the reference letter from our department ,signed and stamped by the department as well as my supervisor!
Ao, i guess it is done, really funny request.
pls post your results when you fix that. with luck