+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

jessiezz

Jan 31, 2012
Hi all

My app was sent on Nov 14, encased on Jan 12. Currently it is "In progress".

Any idea how long this whole process will this take? I have followed other FSW posts, and they have spent around two years to get the PR.

snow_walker said:
@ Reno & edwin83: i have updated the spreadsheet

@ Reno: if ecas is showing in process then your MO is charged.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
jessiezz said:
Hi all

Any idea how long this whole process will this take? I have followed other FSW posts, and they have spent around two years to get the PR.
No one really knows, it seems to be taking the same amount of time than the other FSW categories.
Were you planning to apply to other class, since you were one of the first ones to send your application?

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
jessiezz said:
Hi all

@jessiezz: spreadsheet updated.

I hope this one's processing would be faster (that's just a hope)

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
my status, FYI.

FSW Phd Stream - Buffalo:

2011/12/28 -- Package delivered to CIC SYDNEY office.
2012/02/06 -- Credit card charged for Immigration fees.

jessiezz

Jan 31, 2012
Do you mean other class like CEC?

I am thinking about it.

TyrusX said:
No one really knows, it seems to be taking the same amount of time than the other FSW categories.
Were you planning to apply to other class, since you were one of the first ones to send your application?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
jessiezz said:
Do you mean other class like CEC?

I am thinking about it.
Yep, I was just curious how you got all your documents together so fast. It took me about 6 weeks.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hi guys, I just stumbled in a piece of information that I thought could be helpful for future applicants.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob351.asp

This is the manual bulletin with respect to the introduction of the MI-4 - the PHD Stream Class of the FSW.

This confirms what me and other applicants said about the minimal requirements about the compulsoriness of at least 1 year of work experience.

Applicants who are eligible for processing are still assessed under the other requirements of the FSW Program. Applicants must still meet minimal requirements and obtain the minimum pass mark in order to continue in processing.
Give a look there, if you have the time.

diy2011

Dec 19, 2011
Hi guys,
My application was returned. The story is the same as guowei018. I failed to show an acceptable letter that officially indicated I've finished more than 2 years of my PhD program with good standing academic records.
Believe me, they don't trust your transcript :), they need official confirmation letter from University that declare that you satisfy PhD stream requirements.
Hope this is a good lesson for future applicants.

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
diy2011 said:
Hi guys,
My application was returned. The story is the same as guowei018. I failed to show an acceptable letter that officially indicated I've finished more than 2 years of my PhD program with good standing academic records.
Believe me, they don't trust your transcript :), they need official confirmation letter from University that declare that you satisfy PhD stream requirements.
Hope this is a good lesson for future applicants.
sorry to hear that Diy.. I hope you can get the letter quickly and send it again. I too am expecting my application to come back since I got my letter only from my department. Based on the discussions on this forum it has to be from the dean of graduate studies. Hope the future applicants pay attention to this.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
JBR said:
sorry to hear that Diy.. I hope you can get the letter quickly and send it again. I too am expecting my application to come back since I got my letter only from my department. Based on the discussions on this forum it has to be from the dean of graduate studies. Hope the future applicants pay attention to this.
Diy20120, don't get upset, just get you letter and resend everything as fast as you can. You should still fall between the first 200 applicants.
It seems that craneberry2012 is the last from the listed applicants. You'll probably be charged this week.

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
Sorry to hear that Diy! It's hopefully an easy fix!

On a separate note, is there any one among those whose CC/check/MO are cashed that hasn't included police certificate? and undergrad degree certificate?

Reno

Feb 9, 2012
Sorry to hear that, Diy2011, but it is an easy fix and shouldn't take long. Good luck!
@ AF___: I had included police certificate with my application. For my undergraduate degree, I only provided a copy of it, not the original one.

Reno

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
Reno said:
@ AF___: I had included police certificate with my application. For my undergraduate degree, I only provided a copy of it, not the original one.
Thanks for the reply!
I didn't have my police certificate and the guide said it is ok if I initially send documents without it, so i did! and for my undergrad degree the guide didn't really say "provide your diploma" but rather "show that you are graduated" so I just sent them my transcripts that say my "status is graduate". I hope that my documents go through.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
AF___ said:
Thanks for the reply!
I didn't have my police certificate and the guide said it is ok if I initially send documents without it, so i did! and for my undergrad degree the guide didn't really say "provide your diploma" but rather "show that you are graduated" so I just sent them my transcripts that say my "status is graduate". I hope that my documents go through.
That should work out. I myself made all the effort to send all the documentation I could, even though that made me send the application a bit later. I'm sure they will request the police certificates again though

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13