+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

m.samy

May 2, 2014
N_O said:
Hello M.samy,

I was rejected before because my reference letter as a TA for 4 years in my home country just listed a duty that didn't match the leading statement. Currently, I am waiting to hear about my second application, I claimed the same experince in home country again and a 2 year TA/RA in a Canadian university.

Good luck!

thanks for the reply .

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
sgtrigger said:
Yeah physical insurance they did not pay but blood test and x ray they paid...
Is that for private insurance companies only ? I mean OHIP does not cover any of the PR medical examination expenses, right ?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
polestar707 said:
Hello, does anyone know if the cap of 500 PhD application would ends in Jan of 2015 or April 30 of 2015?

And how many applications have been received by CIC since May 1, 2014?

Thank you, gus!
Applications in the PhD stream:
CIC will accept 500 applications for processing per year under the PhD stream. To apply under this stream, you must have either

finished at least two years of study in Canada towards a PhD, or
graduated from a Canadian PhD program in the 12 months before we get your application.
Find out more about eligibility for this category.

The new PhD cap year began on May 1, 2014. These are the last applications we will accept under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
The_Prince said:
Is that for private insurance companies only ? I mean OHIP does not cover any of the PR medical examination expenses, right ?

I doubt. I think the insurance representer told me that X-ray may be covered by OHIP. Apart from that, it depends on your private insurance and the contents of contract.

The thing is blood test and X-ray are the cheapest part. It's the physical examination that costs a lot.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Are you guys getting repeated posts from Jun zheng in here? Could be a bug in the forum's system or in his/her computer?

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
sgtrigger said:
I did not get points for my wifes education as well but got points for my work experience...i guess ottawa will check that and make the appropriate change in it...i will let you know what happens with my file...
hello. Did you wife study at least two years in canada to get the five points? Thanks

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Are you guys getting repeated posts from Jun zheng in here? Could be a bug in the forum's system or in his/her computer?
hello. This is not a bug. Sorry for any inconvenience. My application was just rejected. Now I just want to see who recently got the PR with only RA. Because I want to reapply.
If these people can answer my questions. That will be great.
I also checked the link that has everyone's information and realized that someone did not update it. That is why I ask these people.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Jun zheng said:
hello. This is not a bug. Sorry for any inconvenience. My application was just rejected. Now I just want to see who recently got the PR with only RA. Because I want to reapply.
I also checked the link that has everyone's information and realized that someone did not update it. That is why I ask these people.
Your repeated question is answered in the tracker. Please see the tracker. Many of the people to whom you replied (with the same question) have their final/completed updated information in the tracker.

Sending the same question over-and-over, which you did by asking the same question in a reply to multiple posts, is cumbersome and unnecessary.

Everyone who views the forum will see any replies, so sending the same question in multiple replies to different people is unnecessary and clogs up the forum, which is contrary to customary social practice on forums. What you sent were not private messages.

Please just ask a question once. Whoever answers answers, and who ever doesn't doesn't.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Jun zheng said:
I understand it's not easy, cuz I was rejected once. But try again. I came up with a much stronger application with much better reference letter. It only takes some time. Any work experience matters either TA or RA or both. You just need to make them strong enough.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I understand it's not easy, cuz I was rejected once. But try again. I came up with a much stronger application with much better reference letter. It only takes some time. Any work experience matters either TA or RA or both. You just need to make them strong enough.
Yes, I had two applications returned to me by Sydney: one because the first year cap was reached, and the second because I didn't clearly understand the directions on one of the forms. Fortunately the money was returned and we just keep plodding along …..

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
climate_modeller said:
Yes, I had two applications returned to me by Sydney: one because the first year cap was reached, and the second because I didn't clearly understand the directions on one of the forms. Fortunately the money was returned and we just keep plodding along .....
hello. Thanks for all your help. I have another question about the IELTs. I want to order another copy but IELTS required me to provide them the proof of application to CIC. Could you please tell me how you did before? What kind of proof they want? Thanks a lot.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Jun zheng said:
hello. Thanks for all your help. I have another question about the IELTs. I want to order another copy but IELTS required me to provide them the proof of application to CIC. Could you please tell me how you did before? What kind of proof they want? Thanks a lot.
The Unique Client Identifier (UCI) may work, or the application number may work. Those are only available if your application was sent from/by Sydney to a visa office (like Ottawa).

If your application was returned to you, then you should have the IELTS results you submitted with the application that was returned. In this case you do not have proof of application-to-CIC until you reapply.

Or ask the IELTS staff what they need for proof.

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
climate_modeller said:
The Unique Client Identifier (UCI) may work, or the application number may work. Those are only available if your application was sent from/by Sydney to a visa office (like Ottawa).

If your application was returned to you, then you should have the IELTS results you submitted with the application that was returned. In this case you do not have proof of application-to-CIC until you reapply.

Or ask the IELTS staff what they need for proof.
unfortunately, CIC did not return my application packages. Do you know how long it takes to get the it? i was rejected this Monday. I do not have the previous IELTS even a copy now.

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
The_Prince said:
Yups this is from private insurance company...the one I have from my university...in my case Alberta health does not provide insurance for immigration medicals...

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I doubt. I think the insurance representer told me that X-ray may be covered by OHIP. Apart from that, it depends on your private insurance and the contents of contract.

The thing is blood test and X-ray are the cheapest part. It's the physical examination that costs a lot.
Yeah I agree...physical exam was 250 whereas blood test and xray was together 150...but getting anything back is good for a grad student.. .:p