+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

zhougt

May 15, 2012
Hi admin,

Could you please update my status for passport request on May 16, 2014? Thanks!

Just two questions:
1. My wife is now in China, and I am in Canada. Do we need to mail her passport to my address first before mailing them to CIC?

2. After we get the landing papers and the visa, do we need to enter/land Canada together? Is it possible that I enter from Seattle, and she just come from China? Would that cause any problem?

Thank you!

Habib2012

Dec 13, 2012
Hello
I was asked to explain why I won't stay in Quebec. Yes, I am a PhD student in Quebec. My plan is to send them a job offer that I will receive soon. But my question is that should this offer be approved by any office like ESDC?
Does anyone have experience that a job offer would be enough to pass this stage?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
arm739 said:
Unfortunately, I got rejection email few hours ago from CIC for the same reason (ref letters) :(. Here is the letter I received:

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Research Assistant (NOC 4012) at xxx does not meet the requirements of b) and c) above as the letters of reference you submitted did not list any duties which matched the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected. Your PA's period of work experience as a Sessional lecturer (NOC 4011) at xxx does not meet the requirements of b) and c) above as the letter of reference you submitted did not list any duties. Your periods of work experience as a Process Engineer (NOC 2134) at xxx do not meet the requirements of b) and c) above as the letters of reference you submitted did not list any duties which matched the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected. Therefore, you failed to demonstrate that your period of work experience met the requirements listed above.

I do have more than three years work experience in industry and academia but they did not accept my letters apparently. I noticed that my RA/TA letter did not highlight leading statement "assisting". Then, I immediately updated that with a detailed one which was clarifying the duties based on NOC code. However, it seems it was not effective :(. Any suggestion at this point my friends? Shall I reapply? If I prepare my letters carefully this time, is the processing time that long?

Thanks
Hello there,

I am so sorry to hear that! Would you please share your RA reference letter with us?
Anyway, send them an email to ask whether they considered your updated letter or not, they will clarify this point definitely.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
climate_modeller said:
I'm in the same boat, mine hasn't been touched either, ... as of GCMS notes generated on 1 April 2014. Another set of notes will arrive the first week of June after my third updated reference letter
So you updated every reference letters you submitted before 3 times?! I just updated my reference letters once, but I claimed 4 years as TA from my home country and 2 years as an RA in a Canadian university.
My only concern is that they might not consider the updated letters at all! Arian-arian, Arm739 and NB61 updated their reference letters and got rejected.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
zhougt said:
Hi admin,

Just two questions:
1. My wife is now in China, and I am in Canada. Do we need to mail her passport to my address first before mailing them to CIC?

2. After we get the landing papers and the visa, do we need to enter/land Canada together? Is it possible that I enter from Seattle, and she just come from China? Would that cause any problem?

Thank you!
1-Yes, you have to send both of the passports together to Ottawa to get the Visas.
2-PA (yourself) should do the landing first then the dependent (your wife ) can do it after, there won't be any problem.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Habib2012 said:
Hello
I was asked to explain why I won't stay in Quebec. Yes, I am a PhD student in Quebec. My plan is to send them a job offer that I will receive soon. But my question is that should this offer be approved by any office like ESDC?
Does anyone have experience that a job offer would be enough to pass this stage?
I think this will work perfectly, but it has to be a signed contract between you and the employer.

BTW, would you like to share your timeline? if yes, please post your dates, nationality, number of persons, ecas status, and kind of work experience.

Good Luck!

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Hi admin,

Just two questions:

Thank you!
Do you mean they sent the passport request for your spouse to you? Does your spouse live with you in Canada? I mean why they did not send it to the Canadian embassy in China?
This makes sense if your spouse is only traveling in China but lives with you in Canada. Or maybe you entered his/her address in China.

I am trying to make a conclusion as I have a similar situation as you. My spouse does not live with me in Canada. I have been thinking that they'll send my pass request to me here, and hers to the Canadian embassy in my home country.

Your answer will clarify this. Thank you.

vn82

Jan 25, 2013
Hello,

I just got my medical request.

Do you have any opinion which panel physician in Toronto is cheaper. I heard one panel physician in Toronto gets around $200 for medical report.

Thank you,

m.samy

May 2, 2014
hi there i have important question to the seniors here,

i only have TA experience in my home country for 5 years and no RA experience at all ,so my question is TA and RA are the same job?can you do both at the same time ?does one of them work if you got a ref letter?i didnt have the chance to have either during my 2 years as p.hd student here?
so what should i do?should i apply or not?

thanks

Judy_LIU

Feb 4, 2014
Habib2012 said:
Hello
Would you like to tell me when did you apply the immigrant ? When did you get the information to explain "intention to move out quebec"? Thanks!

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
N_O said:
So you updated every reference letters you submitted before 3 times?! I just updated my reference letters once, but I claimed 4 years as TA from my home country and 2 years as an RA in a Canadian university.

I originally submitted a very short, non-informative reference letter, identifying both RA/TA, and authored by the Department's graduate advisor. After reading posts on this forum and realizing that letter was worthless, I authored an updated reference letter signed by the Department's graduate advisor that referenced only TA, and had a separate letter signed by my academic supervisor that referenced only RA. Upon closer examination and a re-reading of the NOC 4012 and more posts/feedback on this forum, I realized that the 'lead statement' was not explicit. So both letters we rewritten and signed and delivered. Getting my most recent GCMS notes I observed a note in the GCMS doc that the latest letter signed by my academic supervisor was not on department stationary. Thus the fourth in a series of reference letters (third update).

With each of the three updates, I explicitly referenced the previous letter by date and subject and went on to identify the current letter as a 'supplement to' the previous letter because the current one provides more details and also wrote a brief summary of those new details as an introduction to the updated letter. I also made sure nothing in any subsequent letter contradicted anything in any previous letter.

N_O said:
My only concern is that they might not consider the updated letters at all! Arian-arian, Arm739 and NB61 updated their reference letters and got rejected.
...but did the updated reference letters meet the requirements? Do these folks know that the updated letters were not accepted/considered? Was the reason for rejection related to not considering information in the updated letters?

Sydney gave me credit for three years of high school teaching based on three one-year contracts, but I don't know if Ottawa will do so. Sydney did not give me any credit for RA/TA, but hopefully the updated reference letters will address that.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
climate_modeller said:
...but did the updated reference letters meet the requirements? Do these folks know that the updated letters were not accepted/considered? Was the reason for rejection related to not considering information in the updated letters?

Sydney gave me credit for three years of high school teaching based on three one-year contracts, but I don't know if Ottawa will do so. Sydney did not give me any credit for RA/TA, but hopefully the updated reference letters will address that.
In case of Arian, his updated letter was the same as original, only updated the working hours. However, the officer did the assessment only based on his original letter. Arm739 has not shared his updated letter here and NB61 used the letterhead of another institute for a previous work experience. So, we can not say for sure that they don't consider updated ref. letters.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
I'm curious, ... what are people's subject/research areas or departments. Are some seen by immigration as more desirable than others? Mine is the Dept of Math and Stats. My research is in the area of climate modelling (cloud microphysics).

zhougt

May 15, 2012
N_O said:
1-Yes, you have to send both of the passports together to Ottawa to get the Visas.
2-PA (yourself) should do the landing first then the dependent (your wife ) can do it after, there won't be any problem.
Thank you for the answers!