App. Filed.......
Mar 19,2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 22, 2012---CC
Nomination.....
Mar 29,2012 --PER
AOR Received.
waiting
you are right. no money was taken. and the certificate was read and checked. and the application was checked item by item, I can see the mark.

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
guowei018 said:
you are right. no money was taken. and the certificate was read and checked. and the application was checked item by item, I can see the mark.
@guowei018: sorry to hear about your news.... and we really appreciate the fact that you are still sharing the experience with us... resend your application asap and good luck.

My application status became "in process" although I didn't get any mail from cic. Hope this journey will be easy for all of us.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
@ guowei018 : sorry to hear that man, but resend your application ASAP. you mean for example the job history letter or enrollment letter from school also must have the term "good standing"? I sent several letters from my school with my application, but only one of them mentioned the term "good standing", I also attached my newest transcripts, did you send your transcripts ?

guowei018

Nov 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 19,2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 22, 2012---CC
Nomination.....
Mar 29,2012 --PER
AOR Received.
waiting
Yes I did send my transcript. I also got two letters from school, only one of them said in good academic standing. I am wondering if any one can tell me your successful case for them who got encashed. What did you guys have for the letter of attestation? which office isure the letter for you, the department or the graduate studies office? thanks, I am trying to get the letter and send the application again.

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
guowei018 said:
Yes I did send my transcript. I also got two letters from school, only one of them said in good academic standing. I am wondering if any one can tell me your successful case for them who got encashed. What did you guys have for the letter of attestation? which office isure the letter for you, the department or the graduate studies office? thanks, I am trying to get the letter and send the application again.

i took my letter from the Dean of graduate studies. and took another letter from my supervisor. i only provided these two letters and my transcript. in our university, the dean office is issuing this letter specifically for immigration purpose in PhD category. IMO, the letter from dean/registrars office stating that you are in good academic standing should be enough.

MASOUD2011

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
@ guowei018: Sorry to hear that. I took a verification of enrollment letter from the international student office and asked them to put 'good academic standing' phrase in the letter. I also submitted my original academic transcript.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
In the document check list , it says that "letter of attestation OR official transcript", it means providing one of them must be enough !!! it is weird that they returned back your application ?????

@ guowei018 : did they mention the reason of returning back your application is not being in good academic standing?

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
@guowei sorry to hear that. I got my letter from my university's school of graduate studies and it was signed by the dean's vise president. Also, i think the transcript is required only in the second case i.e to show that a person got his PhD. with in the past 12 months.

@snow walker: i have noticed that you changed your status to in process. did you get any feedback from CIC with the file number (I have got no response from them so far) or is there is another way of checking the status?

Thanks,

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
ejamal said:
@ snow walker: i have noticed that you changed your status to in process. did you get any feedback from CIC with the file number (I have got no response from them so far) or is there is another way of checking the status?

Thanks,
i didn't get any email from CIC. you can check your application status online from the following link:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

use your universal client ID (u can find this on your study permit) and other info to get the status. i guess your's is also 'in process' now. let us know.

guowei018

Nov 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 19,2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 22, 2012---CC
Nomination.....
Mar 29,2012 --PER
AOR Received.
waiting
thanks very much guys. I will go to the graduate studies for the letter. I think it was because my letter was not from graudate studies but from the department, and the letter did not have "in good academic standing", only the letter from my supervior has that phrase. I hope my example can help the followers and save them some time.

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thanks snow walker, my status is in process. I didn't know that the client-id is on my study permit. I have a question, when I click on the PR applications it says "We received your null on November 25, 2011." do you have any idea what do they mean by NULL?

Thanks

snow_walker said:
i didn't get any email from CIC. you can check your application status online from the following link:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

use your universal client ID (u can find this on your study permit) and other info to get the status. i guess your's is also 'in process' now. let us know.

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
ejamal said:
Thanks snow walker, my status is in process. I didn't know that the client-id is on my study permit. I have a question, when I click on the PR applications it says "We received your null on November 25, 2011." do you have any idea what do they mean by NULL?

Thanks
I believe the null thing is a bug. It says same in my case.

Jan 18, 2012
guowei018 said:
thanks very much guys. I will go to the graduate studies for the letter. I think it was because my letter was not from graudate studies but from the department, and the letter did not have "in good academic standing", only the letter from my supervior has that phrase. I hope my example can help the followers and save them some time.
sorry to hear the news, guowei018. Could that be the problem of one of your letters is from department, not registrar or graduate studies? I think the term "good academic standing" may not have to be explicitly stated, while it could be implied in the departmental letters for immigration purposes.

carol_0130

Jan 30, 2012
My package was received by CIO this morning.

Anyone know how long to wait to receive the confirmation email ? Thank you.

cross my fingers....