+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
salam20 said:
I might be wrong but I noticed that some applicants are getting the refusal after 365 days. For instance, if your application reached CIO on Jan 21 last year then the refusal letter has the date on Jan 20 of the current year. Then the worst case is to get your refusal letter after a max. of 365 days.

On the other hand, I hope that some of the applicants are getting passport request after a max. of 365 days, as well. Does ayone support this observation?
I never checked the tracker with respect to your observation, however, according to my CAIPS, there is a due date for the finalization of our applications which is one year after the date of initial assessment made by Sydney.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Should I first let them know by email / fax ? And then send my new letters with mail? If yes, then which one is better? Fax or email?
Thanks.
I am not sure if any appeal would go through, but I suggest sending through e-mail according to FAQ published by CIC.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aidina said:
I am not sure if any appeal would go through, but I suggest sending through e-mail according to FAQ published by CIC.
Do you have a link to that? I just searched in CIC, but didn't find the FAQ.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Do you have a link to that? I just searched in CIC, but didn't find the FAQ.
Did your first letter explicitly stated that you are working at your university as "Research Assistant", or it just started by "he is responsible for ..."?

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
Hi guys,

I am a new Iranian member and am planning to send my application through PhD stream. I am truly sad about what has happened to others who have send their application a year ago and are now getting refusal. That is unfair in my opinion.

I am getting more cautious now and have some questions about the process and thought that I could ask for your suggestions and comments here:

1- I have not found a specific section in any of the forms saying that I am applying under PhD stream category. All I found was the Skilled worker category (item #2 in Generic form). Is that true or should I look somewhere else for it?
2- I have prepared reference letters from my previous employers written in English. Is it OK to send a photocopy of them without being notarized?
3- I have got a letter from university and my supervisor stating my duties as RA according to NOC 4012 (2011) but they have not provided number of hours for my RA as it is not a common thing. However, my full-time enrollment as a PhD student is referred to in the letter. It is written in document checklist that number of hours should be included. Have you had the same issue?
4- In Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3] form item #4: Are you currently working in Canada under a working permit?
Should I say "yes" referring to my study permit or should I say "no" as this might be aimed for other skilled workers?

I am grateful for your answers in advance.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
ahmadimo said:
Hi guys,

I am a new Iranian member and am planning to send my application through PhD stream. I am truly sad about what has happened to others who have send their application a year ago and are now getting refusal. That is unfair in my opinion.

I am getting more cautious now and have some questions about the process and thought that I could ask for your suggestions and comments here:

1- I have not found a specific section in any of the forms saying that I am applying under PhD stream category. All I found was the Skilled worker category (item #2 in Generic form). Is that true or should I look somewhere else for it?
2- I have prepared reference letters from my previous employers written in English. Is it OK to send a photocopy of them without being notarized?
3- I have got a letter from university and my supervisor stating my duties as RA according to NOC 4012 (2011) but they have not provided number of hours for my RA as it is not a common thing. However, my full-time enrollment as a PhD student is referred to in the letter. It is written in document checklist that number of hours should be included. Have you had the same issue?
4- In Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3] form item #4: Are you currently working in Canada under a working permit?
Should I say "yes" referring to my study permit or should I say "no" as this might be aimed for other skilled workers?

I am grateful for your answers in advance.
2. Copy is not acceptable.
3. Hours per week for RA and TA (each work experience) are essential.
3. Answer "No" since your RA/TA experience have not been accumulated on a work permit.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aidina said:
Did your first letter explicitly stated that you are working at your university as "Research Assistant", or it just started by "he is responsible for ..."?

This is my first letter:
At his admission, Mr. X was awarded a research assistantship of $6,000.00 per year for four years. Since September 2008, he has worked 15 hours per week for 46 weeks per year towards his research assistantship. In this position, Mr. X is responsible for working with his PhD Supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research in areas related to his doctoral studies. This is verified by his supervisor.

In my second letter, I extended the first letter with:
Research Assistant Duties:
working with his PhD Supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research in areas related to his doctoral studies. The work include literature studies, developing new methods and improving scientific methods and performing experiments on them. Preparing research results and writing reports and scientific publications.

I had 4 work experiences. But they rejected all with "not satisfying duties".
Here it is:

Your work experience as a Research Assistant at Carleton University cannot be accepted as the list of duties contained in your letter of reference dated November 22, 2012 do not match the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 4122. Your work experience as a Contract Instructor and a Teaching Assistant was part time and was the full-time equivalent of 10.5 months of work experience. Your work experience as a Software Designer, NOC 2173) at Khazar Sintech Company cannot be accepted as the list of duties contained in your letter of reference dated June 22, 2011 do not match the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 2173. Your work experience as a Contract Instructor at Azad University was for 5 months. As such, you do not have one year of continuous full-time work experience.

They clearly ignored my second letter sent in June 2012. In june 20120 I called CIC and they told me it is OK if I send new documents to Ottawa office. Also in another letter sent in the same package, I clearly specified that I have asked my previous employer in my home country for a detailed letter about my duties, and I can send it's hard copy to you soon. I also included a scan of it.

What I want to do is to refer to that package and mention all these things. But I don't think they care about it.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Guys Need one more Suggestion :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

I had applied in the month of OCT 2012. I got my application returned due to cap.
Thus do I need to mention this in my new application.

particulars
IMM 5669 Schedule A Background.....

6 (d) been refused status .......immigrant or Permanent Resident visa or PNP or Visitor or TRV

My question:

Do I need to say yes to this particular question ?????

Confusion !!!!!! Appreciate any suggestion from you guys....

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
This is my first letter:
At his admission, Mr. X was awarded a research assistantship of $6,000.00 per year for four years. Since September 2008, he has worked 15 hours per week for 46 weeks per year towards his research assistantship. In this position, Mr. X is responsible for working with his PhD Supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research in areas related to his doctoral studies. This is verified by his supervisor.

working with his PhD Supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research in areas related to his doctoral studies. The work include literature studies, developing new methods and improving scientific methods and performing experiments on them. Preparing research results and writing reports and scientific publications.

Here it is:

Your work experience as a Research Assistant at Carleton University cannot be accepted as the list of duties contained in your letter of reference dated November 22, 2012 do not match the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 4122. Your work experience as a Contract Instructor and a Teaching Assistant was part time and was the full-time equivalent of 10.5 months of work experience. Your work experience as a Software Designer, NOC 2173) at Khazar Sintech Company cannot be accepted as the list of duties contained in your letter of reference dated June 22, 2011 do not match the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 2173. Your work experience as a Contract Instructor at Azad University was for 5 months. As such, you do not have one year of continuous full-time work experience.

They clearly ignored my second letter sent in June 2012. In june 20120 I called CIC and they told me it is OK if I send new documents to Ottawa office. Also in another letter sent in the same package, I clearly specified that I have asked my previous employer in my home country for a detailed letter about my duties, and I can send it's hard copy to you soon. I also included a scan of it.

What I want to do is to refer to that package and mention all these things. But I don't think they care about it.
I do not know how to answer pm, so I post here. It takes about 30 days: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
This is my first letter:

Here it is:

This is totally unfair. Your work duties are nearly same as mentioned in NOC 4012.

Try to interpret you letter to VO in following words (In case if it is possible to appeal)

Research assistants perform some or all of the following duties:

Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Uwindsor2009,

I too sent a second application after the cap, but didn't fill anything in 6(d). I believe our applications are as good as new.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
anjuku said:
i wonder why they didn't acknowledge the second letter?...maybe it didn't even reach your file...did u order ur CAIPS notes?...because i'm pretty sure they say in the CAIPS notes if they have received additional documents pertaining to your file...i am still waiting on my CAIPS...i sent my PCCs and birth certificates at a later date...so now i'm curious to know if those got put into my file or not!!....
Apparently every work experience related documents that you did not include with your application at the first place and you add them later, are not going to be considered by CPP-Ottawa !!??? another interesting surprise from these Ottawa guys !!!

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
aidina said:
2. Copy is not acceptable.
3. Hours per week for RA and TA (each work experience) are essential.
3. Answer "No" since your RA/TA experience have not been accumulated on a work permit.
Thanks for your answer, but for item 2., it is specified on the checklist that we should send Copies of letters of reference and originals might be requested later by an officer. Now I was wondering if non-English and English documents both need to be certified/notarized or not?

For item 3. , Could you give me a typical value for number of hours/week for a RA? because in my university it is not a common thing to supply hours/week

Thanks again

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
This is my first letter:

Here it is:

I understand what you want to say, I see something that you may like to clarify. If you work for a number of hours, you can show the rate per hour as shown in a contract. Sadly, I am currently getting a research award, I do not submit a time sheet to my supervisor nor to the dean's office. I can not issue a SIN because what I am been paid is an award or scholarship and doesn't count as a job because there is no contract not job offer. Thus, this money is not shown in tax form of T4 but is appears on T4A and counted as income since a few years, the net income is taxable.
It will be a very good step if you show the work hours as well as the job description that the CIC prefers (as shown in the NOC).