Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
aidina said:
If you can provide us with more accurate information, it is highly appreciated. What did you list as your RA duties in your first reference letter. Apparently, they have not considered your second letter, otherwise, they well match their instructions!
i wonder why they didn't acknowledge the second letter?...maybe it didn't even reach your file...did u order ur CAIPS notes?...because i'm pretty sure they say in the CAIPS notes if they have received additional documents pertaining to your file...i am still waiting on my CAIPS...i sent my PCCs and birth certificates at a later date...so now i'm curious to know if those got put into my file or not!!....

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
anjuku said:
i wonder why they didn't acknowledge the second letter?...maybe it didn't even reach your file...did u order ur CAIPS notes?...because i'm pretty sure they say in the CAIPS notes if they have received additional documents pertaining to your file...i am still waiting on my CAIPS...i sent my PCCs and birth certificates at a later date...so now i'm curious to know if those got put into my file or not!!....
THey didn't request those letters, so I doubt they even added them to his application.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Yes, they did not consider the second letter.

This is my duties in the first letter dated Jan 2012:
He is responsible for working with his PhD Supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research in areas related to his doctoral studies. This is verified by his supervisor.

This is my duties in the second letter dated June 2012:
working with his PhD Supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research in areas related to his doctoral studies. The work include literature studies, developing new methods and improving scientific methods and performing experiments on them.
Preparing research results and writing reports and scientific publications.
I see. It is totally unfair. It is clear that PhD students write papers and analyse results (I have published 4 papers as the first author so far). Then, I would expect a rejection e-mail since mine is more or less the same as your first letter.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:
I see. It is totally unfair. It is clear that PhD students write papers and analyse results (I have published 4 papers as the first author so far). Then, I would expect a rejection e-mail since mine is more or less the same as your first letter.
It is not unfair. Let's not victimize ourselves here. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure he represent himself as well as possible. If you choose to let something out, or incomplete, the VOs can't guess what that thing is. I didn't add my RA on my application, it is my responsability and I can't expect the VO to KNOW with any documentation that I was a RA since my phd started.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
TyrusX said:
It is not unfair. Let's not victimize ourselves here. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure he represent himself as well as possible. If you choose to let something out, or incomplete, the VOs can't guess what that thing is. I didn't add my RA on my application, it is my responsability and I can't expect the VO to KNOW with any documentation that I was a RA since my phd started.
The thing is that they used to be flexible before, as I remember from previous applicants, 1-2 years ago. When we were applying last year, we only had the experience of old applicant in other programs.
They are very strict these days, and I think it's more because they faced too many PhD applicants. So they tend to find even a small issue in their applications. I personally think so.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, based on the discussions about duties of RA/TA. I just found this from NOC website.

Main duties

Post-secondary teaching assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
Assist in the preparation and administration of examinations
Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.

Research assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants specialize in a subject matter based on their field of study.

I didn't write my duties like these. I am a dead man now.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
TyrusX said:
The fact that they set a rule to not even re-assess an application after refusal (as they stated in the email) , or give him/her a last chance is kind of unfair. This was not the case for older programs. I had many friends who applied in the older program and were given a last chance.

Anyway, I think now I can only sent them a package with all those reference letters, and remind them of my second RAship letter.
Should I let them know by email / fax / or /mail? which way works best?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Uwindsor2009 said:
Thanks guys !! one more confusion regarding PhD attestation letter
I received my Phd attestation letter from Registrar office not from dean of graduate studies.
Again in the letter there no handwritten signature. In fact a stamp signature of Registrar.
In the letter there no embossed stamp only a wax stamp.
But content of the letter is according to the format....
IS THIS LETTER GOING TO BE OK WITH CIO, SYDNEY......
Any suggestion regarding this
The is university stamp is a must. I prefer to put the letter in an evelope and stamp it on the edge or the seal. I prefer to use the cic template.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:
It is unfair because they have limited themselves to words, otherwise when your letter clearly states that you are doing research with a university professor (which of course this statement matches well the lead statement under NOC 4012) the officer should know writing papers, and analyzing results are all part of doing a research.
So you saying the officer should know the details of every single profession that apply into the skilled work class? Not going to happen.They will know only what you tell them. Documents, documents and documents, that how you tell them what you do. And don't think being a PHD student applying in this stream will give you any advantages.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
aidina said:
I have really started worrying about my reference letter as well. As I remember, I did not have much written about my RA duties in that letter just something like " he is doing research with his supervisor at the university ****** centre".
Better to send a proper reference letter. !!!!

Senior members will guide you ........

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
I might be wrong but I noticed that some applicants are getting the refusal after 365 days. For instance, if your application reached CIO on Jan 21 last year then the refusal letter has the date on Jan 20 of the current year. Then the worst case is to get your refusal letter after a max. of 365 days.

On the other hand, I hope that some of the applicants are getting passport request after a max. of 365 days, as well. Does ayone support this observation?

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
The fact that they set a rule to not even re-assess an application after refusal (as they stated in the email) , or give him/her a last chance is kind of unfair. This was not the case for older programs. I had many friends who applied in the older program and were given a last chance.

Anyway, I think now I can only sent them a package with all those reference letters, and remind them of my second RAship letter.
Should I let them know by email / fax / or /mail? which way works best?

Sorry to here about the rejection. Hope they just match the words in the reference letter with duties mentioned under particularly NOC code.
Sometime they miss to interpret what is written in the letter.
Hope what ever written in your letter is too sort to make out for that Visa Officer.

Try to convince the visa officer that you can provide a better letter regarding RA duties. In fact send one with you appeal.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
salam20 said:
The is university stamp is a must. I prefer to put the letter in an evelope and stamp it on the edge or the seal. I prefer to use the cic template.

Thanks !!!! My university used CIC template. Hope this will work.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Should I first let them know by email / fax ? And then send my new letters with mail? If yes, then which one is better? Fax or email?
Thanks.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
salam20 said:
I might be wrong but I noticed that some applicants are getting the refusal after 365 days. For instance, if your application reached CIO on Jan 21 last year then the refusal letter has the date on Jan 20 of the current year. Then the worst case is to get your refusal letter after a max. of 365 days.

On the other hand, I hope that some of the applicants are getting passport request after a max. of 365 days, as well. Does ayone support this observation?
So what is the consequences of getting refusal after 365 days?