+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Uwindsor2009 said:
Is it necessary to send the attestation letter in a sealed envelop? Though my attestation letter have university seal/stam but it is not with in a envelop.
However I am expecting my application to be returned as it reached CIO, sydney on 26th OCT 2012.
Some folks here did not put their letters in envelopes but that was in early 2012. I feel better to get it in a stamped envelope.
I showed the registrar office ppl and grad studies ppl, the cic letter that was attached with my application package. They were very helpful. I guess if someone is nice your ppl will be very helpful.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
salam20 said:
Some folks here did not put their letters in envelopes but that was in early 2012. I feel better to get it in a stamped envelope.
I showed the registrar office ppl and grad studies ppl, the cic letter that was attached with my application package. They were very helpful. I guess if someone is nice your ppl will be very helpful.

Thank you. After getting my application package back I ll do the same. hope I ll get my application back in DEC.
Let see !!!!

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Uwindsor2009 said:
Thank you. After getting my application package back I ll do the same. hope I ll get my application back in DEC.
Let see !!!!
Based on the tracker , it seems that a single step in our applications queue takes about 60 to 75 days. Once, I got my application back after 75 days. Be patient. Someone may send another copy of his application package. You may need to include original copies of few papers as mentioned in the application guide i.e. IELTS scores report.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Hello,

I've some quick questions regarding the fund requirement. The current required fund for single application is ~$11000. Does it have to be in the same account within Canada? I was planning to show part of the fund in another foreign account. In that case, do I need to get statement directly from the foreign bank or the online statement will work? Do I need to include bank certificate also for that foreign account?

Do I need to submit last six months statement with the local bank certificate?

Thanks.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
New13 said:
Hello,

I've some quick questions regarding the fund requirement. The current required fund for single application is ~$11000. Does it have to be in the same account within Canada? I was planning to show part of the fund in another foreign account. In that case, do I need to get statement directly from the foreign bank or the online statement will work? Do I need to include bank certificate also for that foreign account?

Do I need to submit last six months statement with the local bank certificate?

Thanks.
Yes, home country accounts are valid ways to show you have the necessary funding. And you need to translate and convert the values to the current currency exchange rate.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
TyrusX said:
Yes, home country accounts are valid ways to show you have the necessary funding. And you need to translate and convert the values to the current currency exchange rate.
Thanks, TyrusX. Do I need to get certificate and statement from the bank or online statement will work? In terms of currency conversion, how should I do that? Is there any specific website cic suggested to use? Should I just add another page with the statement doing all the math or there is any format/template?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
New13 said:
Thanks, TyrusX. Do I need to get certificate and statement from the bank or online statement will work? In terms of currency conversion, how should I do that? Is there any specific website cic suggested to use? Should I just add another page with the statement doing all the math or there is any format/template?
I requested the bank to print a statement and stamp on it. Then I got it translated, I can't remember if I did that myself or if I got that translated by a official translator, then I added a page with a letter converting the values to the day before I sent my application.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
TyrusX said:
I requested the bank to print a statement and stamp on it. Then I got it translated, I can't remember if I did that myself or if I got that translated by a official translator, then I added a page with a letter converting the values to the day before I sent my application.
How old a statement can be or is there any such time limit? If I request statement now, it would take min. 10/12 days to reach here.

Would it be a good idea to add six months statement with the bank certificate or there are some risks associated with it?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
New13 said:
How old a statement can be or is there any such time limit? If I request statement now, it would take min. 10/12 days to reach here.

Would it be a good idea to add six months statement with the bank certificate or there are some risks associated with it?
6 months bank history is the way to go. Reduce the chances of you been request another history in the future, especially if you have just a little more than that required amount of money.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
TyrusX said:
6 months bank history is the way to go. Reduce the chances of you been request another history in the future, especially if you have just a little more than that required amount of money.
But, on an average, I didn't have $11000 in my account for the last six months. Will that create any problem?

How long should that money be there after my application?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
New13 said:
But, on an average, I didn't have $11000 in my account for the last six months. Will that create any problem?

How long should that money be there after my application?
Most likely they're going to ask you again at any time during processing, so it's probably best to keep the money (and not touch it if possible at all). And I think the minimum require fund is 11,115 CA$, so make sure that you're not below that by even a penny (some applicants got their applications refused because their money is less by only a very little amount).

New13

Dec 7, 2012
asbereth said:
Most likely they're going to ask you again at any time during processing, so it's probably best to keep the money (and not touch it if possible at all). And I think the minimum require fund is 11,115 CA$, so make sure that you're not below that by even a penny (some applicants got their applications refused because their money is less by only a very little amount).
Thanks. If I'm to include six month bank statement with the bank certificate, should there be on an average 11,115 CAD for the statement period (last six months)? I did not have that amount in my account if I average my last six months balance. In that case will it be wise to include last six month statement? But, if they ask at some later point, I've to show that anyway.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
I got my CAIPS today, I'm posting the relevant parts below, January people should have a similar status:

Eligibility: Not Started (?)
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Office: CPP Ottawa

Got 72 points(4 years of Work XP), HOWEVER I WAS NOT AWARDED ANY ADAPTABILITY POINTS.

Security Due Date: March 07 (1 year after PER)

RCMP Screening: No Reportable Trace ( Updated in May 28)

Seems my application didn't actually get to go to Buffalo at all, went directly to CPP Ottawa.
There is a extra notice on the last page referent to my medical condition, which means that they actually take notice of everything, since I actually wrote that by hand.

Other than that it seems my file hasn't been touched upon since Mid June.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
TyrusX said:
I got my CAIPS today, I'm posting the relevant parts below, January people should have a similar status:

Eligibility: Not Started (?)
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Office: CPP Ottawa

Got 72 points(4 years of Work XP), HOWEVER I WAS NOT AWARDED ANY ADAPTABILITY POINTS.

Security Due Date: March 07 (1 year after PER)

RCMP Screening: No Reportable Trace ( Updated in May 28)

Seems my application didn't actually get to go to Buffalo at all, went directly to CPP Ottawa.
There is a extra notice on the last page referent to my medical condition, which means that they actually take notice of everything, since I actually wrote that by hand.

Other than that it seems my file hasn't been touched upon since Mid June.
Out of your 4 years working experience, how many years were in Canada? My Canadian working experience is more than 1 year (full time equivalent), will I get adaptability point for that?