19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
New13 said:
Out of your 4 years working experience, how many years were in Canada? My Canadian working experience is more than 1 year (full time equivalent), will I get adaptability point for that?
I have 3 years of work experience in Canada that I didn't even put there because at that time we didn't know it would count. I got a lawyer to review my application and she told me it was not necessary.
I don't think the adaptability is for work experience in canada, only for degrees completed in canada, marriage and relatives in canada.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Hi TyrusX,

How long did it take for you to get your CAIPS notes ? 30 days ?

Thanks,
Indus

TyrusX said:
I got my CAIPS today, I'm posting the relevant parts below, January people should have a similar status:

Eligibility: Not Started (?)
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Office: CPP Ottawa

Got 72 points(4 years of Work XP), HOWEVER I WAS NOT AWARDED ANY ADAPTABILITY POINTS.

Security Due Date: March 07 (1 year after PER)

RCMP Screening: No Reportable Trace ( Updated in May 28)

Seems my application didn't actually get to go to Buffalo at all, went directly to CPP Ottawa.
There is a extra notice on the last page referent to my medical condition, which means that they actually take notice of everything, since I actually wrote that by hand.

Other than that it seems my file hasn't been touched upon since Mid June.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
indusvision said:
Hi TyrusX,

How long did it take for you to get your CAIPS notes ? 30 days ?

Thanks,
Indus
31. Due yesterday but it seems they got the file out in November 27.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Your CAIPS is exactly like mine. This is not a good news because you applied 2-3 month before me (i.e. my application was received on March 16th). We both have been in criminality check process since May (i.e. my RCMP Screening updated on May 25th and since then no action on my file). God knows how long it will take them to process our files truly.

TyrusX said:
I got my CAIPS today, I'm posting the relevant parts below, January people should have a similar status:

Eligibility: Not Started (?)
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Office: CPP Ottawa

Got 72 points(4 years of Work XP), HOWEVER I WAS NOT AWARDED ANY ADAPTABILITY POINTS.

Security Due Date: March 07 (1 year after PER)

RCMP Screening: No Reportable Trace ( Updated in May 28)

Seems my application didn't actually get to go to Buffalo at all, went directly to CPP Ottawa.
There is a extra notice on the last page referent to my medical condition, which means that they actually take notice of everything, since I actually wrote that by hand.

Other than that it seems my file hasn't been touched upon since Mid June.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:
Your CAIPS is exactly like mine. This is not a good news because you applied 2-3 month before me (i.e. my application was received on March 16th). We both have been in criminality check process since May (i.e. my RCMP Screening updated on May 25th and since then no action on my file). God knows how long it will take them to process our files truly.
Also, couldn't find anything like a bring forward date anywhere, as mine are actually GCMS notes. I have a few due dates on March 2013 and May 2013. I will be very surprised if I hear from them before March.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Some of my colleagues also had their CAIPS notes mentioned Due Dates which were not fulfilled. It looks like that the due dates are not strict deadlines.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Me too. I have a few due dates as well all in March 2013.

TyrusX said:
Also, couldn't find anything like a bring forward date anywhere, as mine are actually GCMS notes. I have a few due dates on March 2013 and May 2013. I will be very surprised if I hear from them before March.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
My due date for RCMP screening which was July 27th had been fulfilled. I hope the same thing would happen for my other cases. However, yes you rare probably right. Those due dates are not strict deadlines as I have heard from others a lot.

indusvision said:
Some of my colleagues also had their CAIPS notes mentioned Due Dates which were not fulfilled. It looks like that the due dates are not strict deadlines.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
TyrusX said:
I have 3 years of work experience in Canada that I didn't even put there because at that time we didn't know it would count. I got a lawyer to review my application and she told me it was not necessary.
I don't think the adaptability is for work experience in canada, only for degrees completed in canada, marriage and relatives in canada.
I just check the adaptability section, it says 5 points for min. 1 year work experience in Canada (I took the self-eligibility test). What do you think? Could you please have a look into that? If I get this point, I won't have to do all the hassles for getting employment letter from my previous employer. Thanks.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
New13 said:
I just check the adaptability section, it says 5 points for min. 1 year work experience in Canada (I took the self-eligibility test). What do you think? Could you please have a look into that? If I get this point, I won't have to do all the hassles for getting employment letter from my previous employer. Thanks.
Yep, you are right: You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner completed a minimum of one year of full-time work in Canada on a valid work permit.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
TyrusX said:
Yep, you are right: You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner completed a minimum of one year of full-time work in Canada on a valid work permit.
Now, here's my question. My working experience is coming from the university work (GA/TA) which is not under work permit. Will this experience then be counted for the adaptability point?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
New13 said:
Now, here's my question. My working experience is coming from the university work (GA/TA) which is not under work permit. Will this experience then be counted for the adaptability point?
don't know if people are getting adaptability points from that. I would believe they are not. I need someone that asked GCMS notes with in Canada experience to come forward.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
TyrusX said:
don't know if people are getting adaptability points from that. I would believe they are not. I need someone that asked GCMS notes with in Canada experience to come forward.
My points is if they are considering GA/TA experience as full time (or equivalent) work why should it not be considered for adaptability point?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
New13 said:
My points is if they are considering GA/TA experience as full time (or equivalent) work why should it not be considered for adaptability point?
because they are crazy and they process people in random mode using random rules?
But it comes to reason that that should be indeed the case right? I wish someone could confirm that. The Caips/GCMS notes are useful for that.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
I know two applicants, who got work experience points of 2 years of full-time TA/RA experience in Canada, but did not get any adaptability points.

Probably the reason is, one have to work in Canada on a "work permit" as a "temporary foreign worker" for one year full-time or equivalent in order to be considered for adaptability points. This is just my understanding.

TyrusX said:
because they are crazy and they process people in random mode using random rules?
But it comes to reason that that should be indeed the case right? I wish someone could confirm that. The Caips/GCMS notes are useful for that.