+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I got my PER email today.

TyrusX, could you please update my following information?

PER 2012-11-21
Work experience: TA/RA, plus others

Thanks very much.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
maytheflower said:
Guys, I got my PER email today.

TyrusX, could you please update my following information?

PER 2012-11-21
Work experience: TA/RA, plus others

Thanks very much.
Congratulations !

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
TyrusX said:
Can you tell us if you put your letter on an sealed envelope? How did your original letter looked like? Did it have your university emblem on it? Was it on a special professional looking paper? Was the wording right? Let's try to understand what is going wrong.
TyrusX,

Unfortunately, I got my application package sent back as well. However, the reason for that is nothing related to the letter of attestation. What I sent are two letters, one is from the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office and the other one is from the department. Both letters follow exact the wording of the template and both Signed and Stamped. The letter is printed in the official university header papers. I didn't have the letter sealed in envelope. So I believe it's not a problem the you didn't seal the envelope if you follow the template and the letter is signed and stamped, at least based on my experience. However, for the new applicant, it's better to prepare as good as you can. It's really annoying when you send the application with hope and got returned after such long waiting.

Good Luck.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
mapleisland said:
TyrusX,

Unfortunately, I got my application package sent back as well. However, the reason for that is nothing related to the letter of attestation. What I sent are two letters, one is from the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office and the other one is from the department. Both letters follow exact the wording of the template and both Signed and Stamped. The letter is printed in the official university header papers. I didn't have the letter sealed in envelope. So I believe it's not a problem the you didn't seal the envelope if you follow the template and the letter is signed and stamped, at least based on my experience. However, for the new applicant, it's better to prepare as good as you can. It's really annoying when you send the application with hope and got returned after such long waiting.

Good Luck.
Sorry to hear that. What was wrong this time?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
mapleisland said:
TyrusX,

Good Luck.
What a sad news !

What was wrong with your application package?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Hi,

Please add me to the spreadsheet:

Application received: March 16
PER: April 10
# of applicants: 2
RA and TA included
Nationality: Iran

I got my CAIPS in August. The last activity recorded on my file was in May 25 (i.e. criminality check was initiated) . No more activity since then at least up to August 28. I also sent an e-mail to CPP Ottawa inquiring about the application status. No helpful response: your application is in process :)

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
saintezym said:
start from the beginning again, I am afraid. The same situation as you, I am frustrating. But will send new application soon
It seems quite a lot of applications have been sent back. Mine is one of it, but not the common issue as other ones.

The letter said:
"A review of your application indicates you do not meet the requirement of the instructions with respect to the completion of your application or, the requirements of section 10 of the IRPR because:

Question 5 on schedule 3 is incomplete. (A declaration stating that you are not a recipient of a Government of Canada award that requires you to return to your home country, to apply your knowledge and skills, is also acceptable.)"

Are there any other ones here having the same issue? I'm not a recipient of such award requiring going back to home country. And for Schedule 3, I check No for 5 a), and leave 5 b) blank since it's not applicable, I listed the questions and my answers as follows.

5. a) I am a recipient of a Government of CAnada scholarship or award that requires that I return to my home country following the completion of my degree.
No
b) I was a recipient of a Government of Canada scholarship or award that required me to return to my home country following the completion of my degree, but I have satisfied the terms of this scholarship or award.
Didn't check neither "NO" nor "Yes"

I plan to fix this issue and resend my application. Are there any suggestions how I can fix it? Can any one here got PER recently share how you fill Question 5 on Schedule 3? Did anyone provide a declaration as mentioned stating that you are not a recipient of such a award along with the application?

Since my application fee haven't been charged, my case should be considered as new application, I believe. Can I send all the other documents directly back? or I need update the bank statement and redo all the forms and sign it with the new date (since the documents which returned to me were prepared on August 2012). Also, there are red check all over the forms, will it be a problem if I send it back directly.

Thanks.

Shomo

Mar 27, 2012
mapleisland said:
It seems quite a lot of applications have been sent back. Mine is one of it, but not the common issue as other ones.

The letter said:
"A review of your application indicates you do not meet the requirement of the instructions with respect to the completion of your application or, the requirements of section 10 of the IRPR because:

Question 5 on schedule 3 is incomplete. (A declaration stating that you are not a recipient of a Government of Canada award that requires you to return to your home country, to apply your knowledge and skills, is also acceptable.)"

Are there any other ones here having the same issue? I'm not a recipient of such award requiring going back to home country. And for Schedule 3, I check No for 5 a), and leave 5 b) blank since it's not applicable, I listed the questions and my answers as follows.

5. a) I am a recipient of a Government of CAnada scholarship or award that requires that I return to my home country following the completion of my degree.
No
b) I was a recipient of a Government of Canada scholarship or award that required me to return to my home country following the completion of my degree, but I have satisfied the terms of this scholarship or award.
Didn't check neither "NO" nor "Yes"

I plan to fix this issue and resend my application. Are there any suggestions how I can fix it? Can any one here got PER recently share how you fill Question 5 on Schedule 3? Did anyone provide a declaration as mentioned stating that you are not a recipient of such a award along with the application?

Since my application fee haven't been charged, my case should be considered as new application, I believe. Can I send all the other documents directly back? or I need update the bank statement and redo all the forms and sign it with the new date (since the documents which returned to me were prepared on August 2012). Also, there are red check all over the forms, will it be a problem if I send it back directly.

Thanks.
Your application is returned because you have left a question blank. Your answer to 5a and 5b should be NO, if you have never received such scholorship. No part of the application should be left blank. In general, if something is not applicable, you should write N/A in front of the question.

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Hi All,
I just received an email contains:

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011.

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Does it the PER? Because I thought the PER is like a number which I should receive upon initial approval!
Pls let me know,

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nima2000 said:
Hi All,

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011.

Does it the PER? Because I thought the PER is like a number which I should receive upon initial approval!
Pls let me know,

Yep, that's PER!
Congrats!!!!!!!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
nima2000 said:
Hi All,

Pls let me know,
Congratulations !

When did your application reach CIO?

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
aidina said:
Hi,

RA and TA included

I got my CAIPS in August. The last activity recorded on my file was in May 25 (i.e. criminality check was initiated) . No more activity since then at least up to August 28. I also sent an e-mail to CPP Ottawa inquiring about the application status. No helpful response: your application is in process :)
What's the e-mail that you used to contact with CPP Ottawa? Is it ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca? I tried to email CPP Ottawa through this email address twice, but neither got reply.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
aidina said:
Hi,

RA and TA included

Hmmm... it is interesting to learn that they had already worked on your app after the PER despite that status just being "In Process" only through ecas. Guess I'll be applying for CAIPS soon to see where I stand.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Sidetrack a little... Check out this news:
Computer glitch gives rejected immigrants a golden ticket to Canada
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/national/Rejected+immigrants+golden+ticket+Canada+thanks+computer/7591685/story.html

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Shomo said:
Your application is returned because you have left a question blank. Your answer to 5a and 5b should be NO, if you have never received such scholorship. No part of the application should be left blank. In general, if something is not applicable, you should write N/A in front of the question.
Thank you. I do should write Not Applicable in front the question. So, can I just do this and resend all the package? Or I need to provide a declaration letter stating I didn't receive any this rewards? Thanks.