waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
sebastianderp said:
I believe that means the medical has been cleared.
No, completely wrong. "Medical results has been received" mean results has been received and analysis from medical immigration officer has been received by immigration officer. It might the applicant is clear and admissible or might be medically inadmissible.
I have received fairness letter after this line and have discussed this point with immigration officer from Ottawa.

Because, most of applicant are passed medically, so it was understood that this lines means cleared, while in fact NOT.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Right. If you know you're not sick and your doctor didn't tell you about anything anomalous, that line means you're done with the medical admissibility. If that line doesn't appear, though, it doesn't mean anything because sometimes they just don't update your ecas.

zorroo said:
Normally if there is any problem in your medical, your doctor will contact you. So, it should be OK. Having said that you have the option to order GCMS notes or give a call to CIC call center.
formal_verification said:
Finally got the line "Medical results have been received", which is a second line.

Does this main medical exam has been cleared ?

thanks

--Umair

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
WOW :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D
Congrats and +1 for you ;D

Did CIC ask you for any extra document?
would you share your nationality?
What is your primary NOC ?

phemdorc said:
Few weeks ago, i was on this thread lamenting. Thank God with me, i finally got my PPR from CIC. It is a wonderful news.
My time line is as follows:

App Rced: Sept 29, 2014
CC Charged: Dec 13
PER: Jan 7 2015
MED & RPRF: March 30
Med Recvd by CIC: April 10
PPR: April 30.

For everyone waiting and anxious, relax all will be fine.
If you have made it to this stage, barring any major problem you should scale through.
Be positive.

How long does it take to return PPs. Hope it is not going to be another 1 month of waiting? With CIC, things are never quick. It is their rules.

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
phemdorc said:
Few weeks ago, i was on this thread lamenting. Thank God with me, i finally got my PPR from CIC. It is a wonderful news.
My time line is as follows:

App Rced: Sept 29, 2014
CC Charged: Dec 13
PER: Jan 7 2015
MED & RPRF: March 30
Med Recvd by CIC: April 10
PPR: April 30.

For everyone waiting and anxious, relax all will be fine.
If you have made it to this stage, barring any major problem you should scale through.
Be positive.

How long does it take to return PPs. Hope it is not going to be another 1 month of waiting? With CIC, things are never quick. It is their rules.
Congrats.

I have a question (other seniors: your answer is also appreciated): When CIC sends the PPR email, do they give a deadline for submitting the passport? If so, is it possible to extend this deadline? I am concerned because I have applied for US visa to attend a conference in June and there is a chance that passport request from CIC will overlap with my Trip or US visa process.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfection_88 said:
Congrats.

I have a question (other seniors: your answer is also appreciated): When CIC sends the PPR email, do they give a deadline for submitting the passport? If so, is it possible to extend this deadline? I am concerned because I have applied for US visa to attend a conference in June and there is a chance that passport request from CIC will overlap with my Trip or US visa process.
Yes, they give you one month time to submit your passport. Also, you may request for extension if you are unable to submit it within the timeline providing the reasons to support your delay.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Hi guys

I have a question, not related to permanent residency, but i appreciate if you can help me.

I finished the requirements fo my phd degree, ii am not officially student now (but my study permit is still valid till January 2016). i have appled for my work permit just last week! Will take months to receive it!!!! Also no passport request yet ???
need to go to germany for a conference the end of summer.

There are three scenarios here!

1. Apply for my canadian visa using my study permit and then apply for Germany visa.
2. Wait for my work permit then apply for canadian visa and finally apply for German visa

3. If I receive my PPR, is it possible i apply for Germany visa right after i get my passport back? Or i should wait for PR card :-X

Which one you suggest?

How long does it take usually take to get visa from Germany embassy in Canada?

noc4012NOV2014

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
16-02-2015
Med's Request
24-04-2015; second line 23-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-04-2015;uploaded 07-05-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
first time 27May, second time10June, DM 30May
VISA ISSUED...
12June2015, passport arrives CPC-O
Saph said:
Hi guys

I have a question, not related to permanent residency, but i appreciate if you can help me.

I finished the requirements fo my phd degree, ii am not officially student now (but my study permit is still valid till January 2016). i have appled for my work permit just last week! Will take months to receive it!!!! Also no passport request yet ???

1. Apply for my canadian visa using my study permit and then apply for Germany visa.
2. Wait for my work permit then apply for canadian visa and finally apply for German visa

3. If I receive my PPR, is it possible i apply for Germany visa right after i get my passport back? Or i should wait for PR card :-X

Which one you suggest?

I don't know your immigration timeline yet so it's hard to give advise.

But if I were you I would apply for Germany Visa RIGHT NOW and wait and see when the PPR comes and decide.

I think it is not safe to wait for PR card then go on a trip. I have heard it may take unto 2 months for PR card to come after landing and CIC always makes mistakes with pr card.

This means you will have to apply for Canadian Visa no matter what. Or ideally you can come back to Canada from Germany and land at the same time.

Hope it helps.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
I'm assuming for some reason you have a valid study permit but not a valid TRV. In that case, CIC says you should apply for a new visa only after you receive your new permit, and not simultaneously. (that makes sense, because people in CPC-Ottawa who will issue your new visa need to base their decision on an approval of your new permit which is to be made by another officer at CPC-Vegreville; so the latter should be finalized before the former can start, right?)

My recommendation is: wait for your new permit, then apply for a new TRV. If you get it in time, you can go to your conference.

German consulate will check if you have the right documents to return to Canada after your proposed length of stay in Europe. So if you don't have a valid visa in your passport they might get mad! you can e-mail them and ask, they're pretty fast in replying, but be sure not to confuse them with a long and detailed email!

And finally, if you get your immigrant visa soon enough, you can just delay your landing until after you come back from Germany. I don't know why on this website everyone is in such a RUSH to land the moment they get their visas, as if CIC might change their mind lol

Saph said:
Hi guys

Which one you suggest?

maihasan

Feb 3, 2015
Hello everyone,

Today my ecas status has been updated to "We started processing your application on April 29, 2015". Do you have an idea when to expect the MR email?

Here is my timeline:
Application received: Nov 24
cc charged: Jan 16
PER: Feb 12

wangjinwei

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-02-2015; 2nd line updated May 28
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
18-07-2015; 3rd line:medical received
Interview........
09-01-2015; Decision Made
Congratulations.

My status is still: We received your application for permanent residence on December 1, 2014.

Hope to get update soon.

phemdorc

Dec 31, 2014
perfection_88 said:
Congrats.

Thanks for your question. Yes, the CIC has a deadline for submitting passport after you received your PPR email. I am not sure if one can request extension but i believe it is possible. Below is the information you will see in the letter.

"The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Final Note
The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as soon as possible. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada."

Hope this is helpful?

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
You will get the RPRF and MR soon ;D :D
probably in a day or two

maihasan said:
Hello everyone,

Today my ecas status has been updated to "We started processing your application on April 29, 2015". Do you have an idea when to expect the MR email?

Here is my timeline:
Application received: Nov 24
cc charged: Jan 16
PER: Feb 12

phemdorc

Dec 31, 2014
PhD2014 said:
WOW :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D
Congrats and +1 for you ;D

Did CIC ask you for any extra document?
would you share your nationality?
What is your primary NOC ?
Thanks.
No, right from the application date (Sept 29, 2014) up until now, CIC has never asked me for any additional documents. I think they were satisfied with all the documents submitted with my original application.
Nationality is Nigerian and like all the other applicants in the PhD stream, i believe we all fall under the NOC 4012 category; except i am mistaken.

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
Thanks for your reply.
I hope you receive your passport soon ;D

phemdorc said:
Thanks.
No, right from the application date (Sept 29, 2014) up until now, CIC has never asked me for any additional documents. I think they were satisfied with all the documents submitted with my original application.
Nationality is Nigerian and like all the other applicants in the PhD stream, i believe we all fall under the NOC 4012 category; except i am mistaken.

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
wangjinwei said:
Congratulations.

My status is still: We received your application for permanent residence on December 1, 2014.

Hope to get update soon.
Same application submission date as mine. Let's keep in touch.