+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hf-2014 said:
RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) Certified Criminal Record Check with fingerprints for yourself and your spouse.
I can see that. I will try to make myself clear another time - it doesn't overrule the fact that submission of Canadian PCC is unnecessary unless VO specifically requests it.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear pepe84,

I don't boast in having reached a lofty station in my command of English. Having said that, I think it is unacceptable to address someone saying that he faked his IELTS test or has serious problems with English. Let's maintain a respectful environment, shall we?

If you don't mind exercising tolerance in my regard, I would be more than happy to address your points either in PM or right here.

Be well!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please read all posts thoroughly before giving your opinions, thats all I can tell you. Also, if I were you, I wouldn't have deleted my comments about IELTS, this shows you are not confident about your English knowledge.

Thanks anyways!

Diplomatru said:
Dear pepe84,

I don't boast in having reached a lofty station in my command of English. Having said that, I think it is unacceptable to address someone saying that he faked his IELTS test or has serious problems with English. Let's maintain a respectful environment, shall we?

If you don't mind excercising tolerance in my regard, I would be more than happy to address your points either in PM or right here.

Be well!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look, I am a foreigner and it's unlikely I will get as fluent as a native English speaker, that's why I believe it's common reason to follow Socratic teaching ('ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat').
Test are only benchmarks, although I find TOEFL to be administered in a more fair manner. This concludes my off-topic :D

PS. I deleted your comments because there are no more posts to quote from (and if they disappeared, there's a reason for that).

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC has released the minimum score accepted for the first round of express entry and the total number of invitations issued on Jan 31. The minimum score was 886, and they only issued 779 invitations. I find the score quite high for us PhD students :-(

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
You could book your trip if your previous visa vignette is still valid. Just show the airline agents you have a valid visa (and they have no clue your status has changed) and once you're back at Pearson, present your IMM5292. The CBSA officers won't turn you back just because your plastic card is not delivered yet.

pepe84 said:
46 calendar days is the current processing time my friend. Looking forward to receiving mine, LOL and I am very desperate to book a trip to another country for vacation. Without PR card I can't do it.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pepe84 said:
CIC has released the minimum score accepted for the first round of express entry and the total number of invitations issued on Jan 31. The minimum score was 886, and they only issued 779 invitations. I find the score quite high for us PhD students :-(
I've been following Express Entry as well, and found it to be a bit disappointing that they invited only those with LMIA and provincial nominations :( Keep in mind though, most PhD students would have ranked in the high 300s to high 400s, and with additional 600 points from PNP and LMIA offers, they would have bumped the scores up to at least high 900s.

Having a score of 886 is actually not that great from the perspective of your selection factor alone, considering the fact that your score would've been only 286 without the nomination or the LMIA job offer, but I guess the government is trying to prioritize to bring in those with LMIA job offers and provincial nomination, and this draw made sense. Maybe once they're done exhausting all applicants with LMIA or PNP for a particular draw period, then they would start inviting those with scores in the 300s-400s range.

IMO, I guess this arrangement would be the least fair for those who have gained their work experience exclusively under OWP, PGWP or the NAFTA work permit. They would technically have great profiles, be integrated to the Canadian society, and have significant Canadian experience, but because they don't have LMIA, they would only score at the most low 500s or high 400s, hence, not that likely to get picked up (at least if the current trend continues).

We will just have to wait and see :(

Anyway, congrats to those who have recently become PRs :) I'm glad that the processing times have shortened significantly compared with when I applied. I think Express Entry would only make it faster, but without LMIA job offer or PNP, it would be tough for PhD students :(

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope your words come true because I really want all members who couldn't get PR with the old system to succeed under express entry. But I found it a bit dissapointing and I don't personally think the threshold will decrease in the following months.

meyakanor said:
I've been following Express Entry as well, and found it to be a bit disappointing that they invited only those with LMIA and provincial nominations :( Keep in mind though, most PhD students would have ranked in the high 300s to high 400s, and with additional 600 points from PNP and LMIA offers, they would have bumped the scores up to at least high 900s.

Having a score of 886 is actually not that great from the perspective of your selection factor alone, considering the fact that your score would've been only 286 without the nomination or the LMIA job offer, but I guess the government is trying to prioritize to bring in those with LMIA job offers and provincial nomination, and this draw made sense. Maybe once they're done exhausting all applicants with LMIA or PNP for a particular draw period, then they would start inviting those with scores in the 300s-400s range.

We will just have to wait and see :(

Anyway, congrats to those who have recently become PRs :) I'm glad that the processing times have shortened significantly compared with when I applied. I think Express Entry would only make it faster, but without LMIA job offer or PNP, it would be tough for PhD students :(

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks cantalupe but I prefer to wait. I was told by Niagara officer that I cannot use the CoPR to travel outside north america. It is only valid for travels between Canada and US. In fact, the CoPR has in bold: NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL. I am afraid of having troubles at the airport so better wait until the PR card arrives.

cantaloupe said:
You could book your trip if your previous visa vignette is still valid. Just show the airline agents you have a valid visa (and they have no clue your status has changed) and once you're back at Pearson, present your IMM5292. The CBSA officers won't turn you back just because your plastic card is not delivered yet.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, my previous TRV are not valid, so I am screwed :(

cantaloupe said:

Ghgh2014

Sep 9, 2014
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody with a congenital heart condition (e.g. murmur, ASD or VSD) experienced 3+ months of waiting after submitting his/her medicals? Any suggestions on what to do, if any, in such a case?

Thanks,
Gh

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
pepe84 said:
Dear AmrAdel,

Many congratulations on receiving such email from CPC CTD Ottawa. Let me help you on this.

You DO have to provide CPC Ottawa with an RCMP record check. Please note that CPC Ottawa asks nationals of specific countries for RCMP checks and also foreign nationals who have been living in Canada for a long time under a temporary resident permit (study or work permit)

I am quoting below the information contained in CIC website, for more info please visit this link and click on if you live in Canada
http : //www . cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions. You must bring:

A full electronic set of fingerprints on form C-216C taken by one of these accredited companies or police services
A complete application form (available on the RCMP website)
Reason for your request (eg. For immigration)
Your full name
Date of birth
Sex
Mailing address
Phone number (and/or fax number and/or e-mail address)
Applicable fees
Dear pepe84

Thank you for your response
One last point that i want to make clear
I understood from CPC's email that they need an RCMP criminal record check
My question was that if they need police certificate from back home as well (i have already submitted it with the original application but was just wondering if they need a new one). I am mentioning this because you'll find at the end of the e-mail a paragraph talking about how to obtain police certificates which is a totally different thing from RCMP criminal checks
Thank you

PR_2014

Jan 16, 2015
Dear friends,

Just a quick question! I've been asked to provide CPC-O with some docs (CV and list of publications). They've asked to mail the docs to CPC-O:

Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address:

Attention: Program Assistant ........ – CPC-O

Case Processing Center - Ottawa

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Im wondering if I can simply just email the docs/receipt of RPRF or not? They've not mentioned anything regarding emailing the docs.

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
CPC-O is a busy office. I'd probably send the files electronically and mail hard copies too.
PR_2014 said:
Dear friends,

Just a quick question! I've been asked to provide CPC-O with some docs (CV and list of publications). They've asked to mail the docs to CPC-O:

Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address:

Attention: Program Assistant ........ – CPC-O

Case Processing Center - Ottawa

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Im wondering if I can simply just email the docs/receipt of RPRF or not? They've not mentioned anything regarding emailing the docs.

Thanks very much in advance for your help!