+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
Hi all

I received the following e-mail from CPC-Ottawa

****************************************************************************************************************************

Dear ....:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

· Medical examination for yourself and your spouse.

(Medical Instructions will be sent separately via email within the next 48 hours)

· Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for yourself and your spouse. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa. Please follow these steps:

1. Go to the website: .....................................

· RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check with fingerprints for yourself and your spouse.

Click on the following link for more information: http : // www . rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

POLICE CERTIFICATES:

Please be advised that Police Certificates must be submitted as ORIGINAL documents, in their original PAPER format.

We do not accept scanned copies. This document must be sent via postal or courier service to our office at the following address:

For more information on how to obtain a police certificate please visit our website at the following link:

http : // www . cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

All requested documents/information must be accompanied by the outgoing correspondence we have sent to you (i.e. this e-mail or a printed copy of this letter).

****************************************************************************************************************************

What is confusing me in this e-mail is that i don't know if they need "RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check" + "Police Certificate" from back home or do they need just the "RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check". Keep in mind that i have already sent "Police Certificate" from my home country with the original application which was delivered on 15-Aug-2014. Notice how the required documents are mentioned as bullets whereas when talking about "police certificate", they mention it in a separate paragraph.

Thank you in advance

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
AmrAdel said:
Hi all

Dear ....:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

(Medical Instructions will be sent separately via email within the next 48 hours)

· Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for yourself and your spouse. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa. Please follow these steps:

· RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check with fingerprints for yourself and your spouse.

Click on the following link for more information: http : // www . rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

POLICE CERTIFICATES:

Please be advised that Police Certificates must be submitted as ORIGINAL documents, in their original PAPER format.

We do not accept scanned copies. This document must be sent via postal or courier service to our office at the following address:

For more information on how to obtain a police certificate please visit our website at the following link:

All requested documents/information must be accompanied by the outgoing correspondence we have sent to you (i.e. this e-mail or a printed copy of this letter).

What is confusing me in this e-mail is that i don't know if they need "RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check" + "Police Certificate" from back home or do they need just the "RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check". Keep in mind that i have already sent "Police Certificate" from my home country with the original application which was delivered on 15-Aug-2014. Notice how the required documents are mentioned as bullets whereas when talking about "police certificate", they mention it in a separate paragraph.

Thank you in advance

Congrats and +1. When did you apply? and when did you receive your PER?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
PR_2014 said:
Hi guys,

Just got MR and RPRF! I'm a September 18 applicant and I had received PER on January 6th!

Good luck everyone who is waiting for MR!

Congrats and +1 to you. I believe they jumped over my application :p

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
Viva2014 said:
Congrats and +1. When did you apply? and when did you receive your PER?
I applied in 15-August-2014 and received PER on 22-Dec-2014
DO you have any idea about the requirements in this email ? i.e. do they need "RCMP criminal record check" + "police cert" from back home or they need "RCMP criminal record check" only ?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmrAdel said:
I applied in 15-August-2014 and received PER on 22-Dec-2014
DO you have any idea about the requirements in this email ? i.e. do they need "RCMP criminal record check" + "police cert" from back home or they need "RCMP criminal record check" only ?
They don't need RCMP certificate at all.

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
Diplomatru said:
They don't need RCMP certificate at all.
Thank you for your response but it's still not clear to me
It is obvious from the email that they need "RCMP criminal record check"
My question was if they need a "police certificate" as well ?
I am mentioning this because after the "RCMP criminal record check" bullet, you'll find the email talking about "police certificate" and if if you clicked the link after that paragraph it will be showing you how to get a "police cert"
Thank you

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmrAdel said:
Thank you for your response but it's still not clear to me
It is obvious from the email that they need "RCMP criminal record check"
My question was if they need a "police certificate" as well ?
I am mentioning this because after the "RCMP criminal record check" bullet, you'll find the email talking about "police certificate" and if if you clicked the link after that paragraph it will be showing you how to get a "police cert"
Thank you
According to IMM7000 they don't require PCC from Canada at all unless they specifically request it. Criminal check record is a PCC.

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
Diplomatru said:
According to IMM7000 they don't require PCC from Canada at all unless they specifically request it. Criminal check record is a PCC.
Thank you so much for taking time to answer me
But if you check the e-mail that i have posted you will find the last bullet asking explicitly for an "RCMP criminal record check"
My question was if they need a police certificate from back home as well or not.
Thank you

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
they only want the RCMP record. they have accepted your police certificate from your country of citizenship if you have already submitted one. The other user has not read your post carefully and therefore is giving misleading information.
good luck

AmrAdel said:
Thank you so much for taking time to answer me
But if you check the e-mail that i have posted you will find the last bullet asking explicitly for an "RCMP criminal record check"
My question was if they need a police certificate from back home as well or not.
Thank you

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
cantaloupe said:
they only want the RCMP record. they have accepted your police certificate from your country of citizenship if you have already submitted one. The other user has not read your post carefully and therefore is giving misleading information.
good luck
Thank you so much

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear AmrAdel,

Many congratulations on receiving such email from CPC CTD Ottawa. Let me help you on this.

You DO have to provide CPC Ottawa with an RCMP record check. Please note that CPC Ottawa asks nationals of specific countries for RCMP checks and also foreign nationals who have been living in Canada for a long time under a temporary resident permit (study or work permit)

I am quoting below the information contained in CIC website, for more info please visit this link and click on if you live in Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions. You must bring:

A full electronic set of fingerprints on form C-216C taken by one of these accredited companies or police services
A complete application form (available on the RCMP website)
Reason for your request (eg. For immigration)
Your full name
Date of birth
Sex
Mailing address
Phone number (and/or fax number and/or e-mail address)
Applicable fees

AmrAdel said:
Hi all

Dear ....:

POLICE CERTIFICATES:

Thank you in advance

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Hi guys,

Another quick question about RCMP criminal check. Should send the sealed envelop directed to CIC, or open the envelop and send the inside paper to CIC?

Thanks.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VIva2014,

No worries my friend, yours will come shortly. When the files arrive at CPC Ottawa, they are not organized by received date. I was in your shoes friend. I remember our friend darkknight1 who applied 2 weeks after me and got RPRF, medicals and PPR before me, LOL. So no worries, you should be in the queue for RPRF and MR and you will receive them shortly, I am sure of this.

Answering your question about updating spouse work experience, please don't do that. They will only consider all work experience before your application submission date.

Viva2014 said:
Congrats and +1 to you. I believe they jumped over my application :p

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
46 calendar days is the current processing time my friend. Looking forward to receiving mine, LOL and I am very desperate to book a trip to another country for vacation. Without PR card I can't do it.

ichina said:
Does anyone know how long the PR card will arrive after the landing? :)