AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
tariq11 said:
Hello Everyone

Since all Octoberians are waiting on their PR decision and I pray each one of us get successful results. I have a situation please share all your valuable thoughts on my scenario.

I am presently working in ON on PGWP (post graduate work permit) which is about to expire in June due to my early passport expiry. But I have remarks on my current work permit saying which can be renewed for another one and half year as i was eligible for three years . Since i received my new passport now; please suggest me guys to apply for an extension or wait until April to finish six months on my current EE application. If i am applying now for an extension I may end up paying fee for extension and wait time which is about a month.

Currently my application for Federal Skilled Worker (Inland) is in BG process applied on 26th OCT don't know when the decision will be out.

Please suggest me guys whether to wait for EE decision or the extension on PGWP.

Thanks
Im in the same boat. I suggest you apply pgwp asap. Processing time for pgwp is around 5 months. I am going to apply for my extension in couple of days too.

Andy

tariq11

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26 Oct-15
Med's Done....
04 Nov-15
Andy.cic said:
Im in the same boat. I suggest you apply pgwp asap. Processing time for pgwp is around 5 months. I am going to apply for my extension in couple of days too.

Andy
Good to know we both are on same boat

When is your PGWP expiring?

Can you please shed some light on process for extension which form needs to be filled? And when you said 5 months processing I thought I have seen somewhere extension for WP is one month.

Thanks

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
tariq11 said:
Good to know we both are on same boat

When is your PGWP expiring?

Can you please shed some light on process for extension which form needs to be filled? And when you said 5 months processing I thought I have seen somewhere extension for WP is one month.

Thanks
That be nice if its one month. Where did you get that? Please share the source.

Mine is expiring in first week of July. I'm due another year or so. Recently renewed my passport. Initially I was thinking not to extend instead just wait for ppr. But with cic you never know, better safer to be sorry. So I'm planing to apply online within couple of days. I think the forms used will be the regular work permit forms. There will be a lot of redundant columns to fill that won't apply to us, we just gotta explain everything.

tariq11

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26 Oct-15
Med's Done....
04 Nov-15
Andy.cic said:
That be nice if its one month. Where did you get that? Please share the source.

Mine is expiring in first week of July. I'm due another year or so. Recently renewed my passport. Initially I was thinking not to extend instead just wait for ppr. But with cic you never know, better safer to be sorry. So I'm planing to apply online within couple of days. I think the forms used will be the regular work permit forms. There will be a lot of redundant columns to fill that won't apply to us, we just gotta explain everything.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

tariq11

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26 Oct-15
Med's Done....
04 Nov-15
Please click the link to check the processing time

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
This one month processing time is yet to test waters.

CIC updated this after Jan 1, and only for NEW work permits. Prior to that, it was 4 months. Even now it shows the same time for extension or renewals.

Lastly, I know tons of people in processing for 2-3 months. But I don't know a single person who still got it yet in ONE month or close.

Apparently this change was brought in Jan and we are yet to see results. If we see people who applied in Jan and got permits early Feb, THEN it would be some reliable measure, assuming those who applied BEFORE would still take the same time where as newer applications will be processed faster.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
tariq11 said:
Please click the link to check the processing time

Our category will be work permit extension (same employer)

I don't think it will get processed in one month.

tariq11

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26 Oct-15
Med's Done....
04 Nov-15
Andy.cic said:
Our category will be work permit extension (same employer)

I don't think it will get processed in one month.
This option will be applicable for people who were on Work permit through their Employer. And our category will fall under Work permit

capri31

Jan 13, 2016
tariq11 said:
This option will be applicable for people who were on Work permit through their Employer. And our category will fall under Work permit
If your work permit says open work permit then you fall under extension of work permit with same employer.
I also extended my PGWP but the processing time varies. When i applied it says 90 days but it goes on increasing day by day to 110 days. But still I got my work permit in 3 months.
So dont wait for EE decision ... never know I would suggest apply for the extension.

Ak chd

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
28-01-2016
LANDED..........
20-02-2016
my background check in progress today

Direction North

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7th
AOR Received.
October 7th
Med's Request
in progress
SWAP1206 said:
hi all

submitted all documents on Oct 6th but no update yet...anyone in the same situation?
Same here. Submitted everything on Oct 7th. Review of eligibility is in progress since then, nothing changed.

saahil88

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2016
Passport Req..
21-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2016
Hi guys, has anyone submitted a request for changing VO after receiving PPR? Wondering how long it usually takes for CIC to get back.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
capri31 said:
If your work permit says open work permit then you fall under extension of work permit with same employer.
I also extended my PGWP but the processing time varies. When i applied it says 90 days but it goes on increasing day by day to 110 days. But still I got my work permit in 3 months.
So dont wait for EE decision ... never know I would suggest apply for the extension.
did you applied the extension using your same registration letter and transcript. i mean did you request them with a recent date. I really woould like to use the old documents as the requesting again will take more time.

Also, did you apply online? How much you have to pay? I heard that it is $155 + $100.

Thanks in advance.

Andy