17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
mtc1992 said:
Just received a reply:
Dear Sir,

Your application is currently being processed in Case Processing Centre: Sydney, Nova Scotia

Is case processing centre different to central intake office, or just different wording?
When did you send an email to them? I have sent an email on March 20 and no response yet.

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
mtc1992 said:
weirdly, three weeks ago when I emailed, they told me that when it gets sent to an LVO, it would be ottawa. So I was told it would be sent to ottawa, then second time I got told it was still at CIO and now they said i'm at CPC sydney. I AM SOOOO CONFUSED
Yes, those agents might not know the difference between CIO or CPC, Or we dont know. As far as I know, Sydney is for initial checks, it will be transferred to CPC Ottawa which is the LVO for most of the CEC applicants

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Baji81 said:
When did you send an email to them? I have sent an email on March 20 and no response yet.
I emailed them yesterday morning EST

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
mtc1992 said:
weirdly, three weeks ago when I emailed, they told me that when it gets sent to an LVO, it would be ottawa. So I was told it would be sent to ottawa, then second time I got told it was still at CIO and now they said i'm at CPC sydney. I AM SOOOO CONFUSED
As you see they are currently on files with AOR 21/22 Jan

So looking at your AOR you can expect some movement in your app next week or a week after that

The normal wait time is 6 months and its moving pretty fast for that. Avoid comparing your file to other it'll just increase the anxiety

Just have some patients...Your file is moving well...You should receive the PPR mail soon.

Patients is key my friends....stressing ain't gonna help

kumar30

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-01-2017
AOR Received.
29th Jan
Med's Done....
26th Nov
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2017
mtc1992 said:
I had an email a week ago saying I was in CIO sydney, this one today says case processing centre - are they different, or just different name for the same place? Like.. is it two separate offices in the same building, and we just got sent to sydney instead of ottawa as our LVO? It seems weird two officers would use different wording
My AOR is on 1/29 and Medical changed to passed on 3/19 and BG is in process... CIC doesnt work on First come First serve basis... They take time... Dont worry, until all your docs are fine you will get it eventually..

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
Baji81 said:
Try sending with all the below necessary information in the working hours. As far as i know your file will be in LVO Ottawa, as your status is NA

IMPORTANT: You must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

* Surname and Given name(s);
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

Also check your Junk, spam folders

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Canada_eh! said:
As you see they are currently on files with AOR 21/22 Jan

So looking at your AOR you can expect some movement in your app next week or a week after that

The normal wait time is 6 months and its moving pretty fast for that. Avoid comparing your file to other it'll just increase the anxiety

Just have some patients...Your file is moving well...You should receive the PPR mail soon.

Patients is key my friends....stressing ain't gonna help
Oh no, I know that 6 months is what we're told (even though it hasn't taken that long for any AOR month since nov/dec), and I'm not comparing. I just wish there was more transparency at which point your app is at. I see for every AOR date that gets PPR rain, 3-4 get left on that day. I'm just trying to work out which part my application is up to. My visa ends soon too, so that doesn't help haha.

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
chandra415 said:
Yes, those agents might not know the difference between CIO or CPC, Or we dont know. As far as I know, Sydney is for initial checks, it will be transferred to CPC Ottawa which is the LVO for most of the CEC applicants
Kindly check the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/information/offices/index.asp

and click on "Offices that process applications"

You will see Sydney has a CIO and CPC

So your file doesn't necessarily have to go to the Ottawa it can go to any of the other CPC(Mississauga,Vegreville or Sydney) after the initial check at the CIO

#notanexpert #justusinglogic

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
chandra415 said:
Try sending with all the below necessary information in the working hours. As far as i know your file will be in LVO Ottawa, as your status is NA

IMPORTANT: You must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

* Surname and Given name(s);
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

Also check your Junk, spam folders
I already received automated response from them. Is it okay, if I send again or should I wait?

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Canada_eh! said:
Kindly check the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/information/offices/index.asp

and click on "Offices that process applications"

You will see Sydney has a CIO and CPC

So your file doesn't necessarily have to go to the Ottawa it can go to any of the other CPC(Mississauga,Vegreville or Sydney) after the initial check at the CIO
However... under CPC Sydney for what they actually process there:
The CPC in Sydney processes:

applications for permanent resident cards (new and renewals)
citizenship applications (new, renouncing, revoking and resuming)

whereas, ottawa:
The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:

visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only).
permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S.

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
Baji81 said:
I already received automated response from them. Is it okay, if I send again or should I wait?
WAIT!!!!chill my friend! you just sent an email!

PEOPLE on this thread have no patients!!! lol!!!

#zerochill!

lol!!

GaganDesi

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumar30 said:
My AOR is on 1/29 and Medical changed to passed on 3/19 and BG is in process... CIC doesnt work on First come First serve basis... They take time... Dont worry, until all your docs are fine you will get it eventually..
WOW. This med is really late comparing to average. But it is still good that you passed, and hope your PPR is coming soon.

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
mtc1992 said:
However... under CPC Sydney for what they actually process there:
The CPC in Sydney processes:

applications for permanent resident cards (new and renewals)
citizenship applications (new, renouncing, revoking and resuming)

whereas, ottawa:
The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:

visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only).
permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S.
Honestly, No-one knows how CIC works and how,where, when and in which manner they decide process each application

Was just trying to come up with a logical solution as to why the file is at Sydney rather than Ottawa

Look at it in a way that your file has moved from the CIO stage

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Canada_eh! said:
Honestly, No-one knows how CIC works and how,where, when and in which manner they decide process each application

Was just trying to come up with a logical solution as to why the file is at Sydney rather than Ottawa

Look at it in a way that your file has moved from the CIO stage
oh, I'm not trying to be argumentative haha, I'm just confused int his whole process :eek:

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Canada_eh! said:
WAIT!!!!chill my friend! you just sent an email!

PEOPLE on this thread have no patients!!! lol!!!

#zerochill!

lol!!

Thanks. What I mean, I sent an email 2 days back. I do have tons of patience :D and I firmly believe every one in this thread are having patience. Sometimes updates from others will force us to do the things like this.