+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone stuck in Spousal PR security check over 1 year (not criminality but security background check) Please join here

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
I know of a similar situation where the PA has received pre-arrival and after that has been in Background checks for 10 months. Nothing but dead silence and nothing noteworthy on their GCMS notes. They're still waiting.
did you gate update you application? Same situation like my application spouse PR .after I gate per arrival background verification progress like 12 ?

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
I have everything completed except the background check. I have been stuck since November 2022, which is approximately 11 months, knowing that I am from Jordan and have not served any government service.
did you gate update you background check? And how long does take if you gate pls tell us ?

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
I know of a similar situation where the PA has received pre-arrival and after that has been in Background checks for 10 months. Nothing but dead silence and nothing noteworthy on their GCMS notes. They're still waiting.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
why does my spouse visa application take so long in Background checks or security screening checks for no reason after I gate per arrival go back to security screening?
Hi Rashieda... Are you saying that your spousal application has been in process for 24 months, and stuck for 12 months in background check?

Are you inside Canada right now? I'd suggest, send a web form asap to the relevant visa office, stating that "you have been waiting for spouse's application for 24 months. Current processing time is 10 months (as of 2nd July for Outland+outside Quebec applications). If you didn't receive any info within next 5 days, you will file for ORDER OF MANDAMUS."

What is mandamus? Basically you have to file application through lawyer, costs money, to Canadian court that your application has been delayed for longer than usual. Court will demand CIC to act on it quickly. It does take 3-4 months as mentioned by many on this website..

Id suggest start by sending a web form. If you are an outside Quebec applicant, then 24 months is a lot, considering current processing times is 10 months.

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
hoping to find anyone in a similar situation where the PA i received pre-arrival and after that has been in Background checks for 10 months. Nothing but dead silence and nothing noteworthy on their GCMS notes. i am still waiti

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
hoping to find anyone in a similar situation where the PA i received pre-arrival and after that has been in Background checks for 10 months. Nothing but dead silence and nothing noteworthy on their GCMS notes. i am still waiti

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
same situation like my application spouse I received pre-arrival after my application in Background (security screening for 11 month I worry so much .did gate you PR or update .if gate pr how long you stay in Background checks pls ?

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
Thank you. We finally got PR Feb 2023 after being in security check from July 2021 to November 2022. CBSA had our file the whole time, got my MP involved.