+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone stuck in Spousal PR security check over 1 year (not criminality but security background check) Please join here

Ashes14

Aug 23, 2024
does anyone have an idea why some are stuck in security fir this long? Our security screening started july 18 and my lawyer said that all outland applications go through the comprehensive portion of the security screening. I don’t even know what information they look for during security screening anyways.

SpousalPR2023

Aug 11, 2024
does anyone have an idea why some are stuck in security fir this long? Our security screening started july 18 and my lawyer said that all outland applications go through the comprehensive portion of the security screening. I don’t even know what information they look for during security screening anyways.
Has it been 15+ months since you filed for your hubby's Spousal PR?
Have there been any other extenuating circumstances, anything out of the ordinary?
You already ordered GCMS and found they sent it CBSA - when did they sent it?

Is your husband OUTSIDE Canada? Did he try to get TRV and got refused?
Did you visit him during this time? If you are answering yes for these 3 - then you should write a brief WEBFORM - You will be proceeding with ORDER OF MANDAMUS within next 15 days if you did not hear from the visa office about the progress of your husband's application.

Also sent an email to Paul Chiang - MP of Markham - second to Marc Miller - explain your situation completely but precisely. Ask for a specific action at the end. Like what do you want at this stage of the application.

Ashes14

Aug 23, 2024
We’ve been in this PR process since April 2022 and had issues with legality of marriage (we didn’t do a wedding no one has this type of money in this economy) went through ADR and PFL and when I ordered gcms notes after pre arrival letter i found out a new officer was appointed to our file due to the absence of the original office and that he was told by headquarters to finish old applications. He simply looked at our documents and passed us after all this time. Security screening was sent to CBSA on July 8 and they asked us for a new imm5406 and that was sent to them on July 18. My lawyer told me to give it until mid September before contacting ircc. I’ve been through the whole MP thing (not help other than inquiry) and emailed Marc Millers office one time. I’m just hoping the application doesn’t get stuck anymore it’s giving me anxiety lol

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
I know of a similar situation where the PA has received pre-arrival and after that has been in Background checks for 10 months. Nothing but dead silence and nothing noteworthy on their GCMS notes. They're still waiting.
Did you gate update pls

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
I know of a similar situation where the PA has received pre-arrival and after that has been in Background checks for 10 months. Nothing but dead silence and nothing noteworthy on their GCMS notes. They're still waiting.
Pls if you gate update tell me how long does take to completed ?

SpousalPR2023

Aug 11, 2024
We’ve been in this PR process since April 2022 and had issues with legality of marriage (we didn’t do a wedding no one has this type of money in this economy) went through ADR and PFL and when I ordered gcms notes after pre arrival letter i found out a new officer was appointed to our file due to the absence of the original office and that he was told by headquarters to finish old applications. He simply looked at our documents and passed us after all this time. Security screening was sent to CBSA on July 8 and they asked us for a new imm5406 and that was sent to them on July 18. My lawyer told me to give it until mid September before contacting ircc. I’ve been through the whole MP thing (not help other than inquiry) and emailed Marc Millers office one time. I’m just hoping the application doesn’t get stuck anymore it’s giving me anxiety lol
If you have been in this process since April 2022 and you have a lawyer, who is telling you to wait a bit more and then take action by yourself - that lawyer should be fired right away, his/her name published everywhere and you should hire another lawyer by now.

You have already crossed 20 month mark. Its time for ORDER OF MANDAMUS - google it, research it and take action accordingly. Before that, have you ordered a latest GCMS notes in the past 3-4 weeks? If not then do so right away, it takes almost 30 days to be processed and sent to you through email.

emailing to Marc Miller's office is useless as his office only answers to emails which are policy related, not individual cases.

Wishing you the very best and hoping that your applications is processed sooner than later. And yes - for somone like you, who has been waiting since APRIL 2022 - being anxious is actually being very patient. Here on this forum, every day I read posts from people who applied in January 2024 or even later- and they say, oh i didnt get passport request yet, im getting nervous, why did cic not send me passport request by now.

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
I hear it can be some time. IRCC wipes their hands clean of cases and says "it is out of their control", and there is no way to reach any of the departments that work in conjunction with the IRCC to get news. I am STILL waiting for GCMS notes ordered in June. The last update I had on my file was that it took IRCC 8 months to ask for an update from security partners (this was in March). We are now at 22 months in process, 17 of those in security check.
anny update my case is same like you I am worried so much