+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Synder said:
Hi guys I literally just made my online application on December 10.

I was reading through the forum and napansin ko na parang ang daming hindi hiningi sakin na documents.

These were the documents that I was asked to upload.

Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)
Evidence of Work Requirement in Study (required)
Passport (required)
Letter of Acceptance (required)
Proof of Means of Financial Support
Digital photo (required)
Proof of medical exam (required)
Family Information (IMM5645) (required)
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
Letter of Explanation (required)

Any comments or is this how it is normally, then they ask for everything else after?

Sa letter of explanation ko I only explained kasi 3 things.

1. Why I was exempt from IELTS
2. Why my mother will be paying my fees.
3. My conditional letter of acceptance and how I have documents to prove that I can meet these conditions.

Napansin ko kasi na everyone talks about SOP and etc, pero there was no space to upload an SOP? Does this come later?
All of these are scan
Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) - Straighforward uplaod the IMM1294
Evidence of Work Requirement in Study (required) - This looks new. Is this the one for Co-op programs?
Passport (required) - Upload old (if you have) and new, make sure yung expiration date beyond sa stay mo sa canada para magaral
Letter of Acceptance (required) - The once you got from your school
Proof of Means of Financial Support - Show your support, the more the marrier
Digital photo (required) - Follow the Canadian standard
Proof of medical exam (required) - If you did an upfront medical upload it here
Family Information (IMM5645) (required) - Straight forward IMM5645
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) - Straight forward IMM5257
Letter of Explanation (required) - Letter of explanation is SOP (Statement of purpose), back read how to make a very good SOP. Certificate of employment.
Probably a letter from your boss saying you will be hired again once you are done with your course. An NBI clearance. If you want throw in your resume.

Merge all these into 1 file because 1 file per upload only (4MB). Ex: Merge the scan of the new and old passport for the Passport Section.

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
kapatid said:
All of these are scan
Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) - Straighforward uplaod the IMM1294
Evidence of Work Requirement in Study (required) - This looks new. Is this the one for Co-op programs?
Passport (required) - Upload old (if you have) and new, make sure yung expiration date beyond sa stay mo sa canada para magaral
Letter of Acceptance (required) - The once you got from your school
Proof of Means of Financial Support - Show your support, the more the marrier
Digital photo (required) - Follow the Canadian standard
Proof of medical exam (required) - If you did an upfront medical upload it here
Family Information (IMM5645) (required) - Straight forward IMM5645
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) - Straight forward IMM5257
Letter of Explanation (required) - Letter of explanation is SOP (Statement of purpose), back read how to make a very good SOP. Certificate of employment.
Probably a letter from your boss saying you will be hired again once you are done with your course. An NBI clearance. If you want throw in your resume.

Merge all these into 1 file because 1 file per upload only (4MB). Ex: Merge the scan of the new and old passport for the Passport Section.
Oh dear. Sa Letter of explanation I literally just explained the documents na confusing, I didnt state my purpose or anything. Worst part is I submitted kt na.

As for the proof that may work ang course ko, it has a one year internship because health related sya.

sdovasquez

Apr 14, 2014
sofiamarie said:
Hello goodafternoon

tanong ko lang kung meron paring ng aantay ng student permit na ngpasa nung october 20 pa sa Vfs manila?
thank you po
Hi po,

ako po Oct 21 nag submit, waiting parin. ikaw anu na ba balita?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Synder said:
Oh dear. Sa Letter of explanation I literally just explained the documents na confusing, I didnt state my purpose or anything. Worst part is I submitted kt na.

As for the proof that may work ang course ko, it has a one year internship because health related sya.
I'm not sure if you can resubmit documents but it would be better if you do. They might either ask for new documents or they will deny it and you have to redo everything and wait for 60 days again.

Sa mga nagiintay kadalasan last week of the month labasan niyan. Pero christmas sa end of the week so good luck

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
kapatid said:
I'm not sure if you can resubmit documents but it would be better if you do. They might either ask for new documents or they will deny it and you have to redo everything and wait for 60 days again.

Sa mga nagiintay kadalasan last week of the month labasan niyan. Pero christmas sa end of the week so good luck
Well sana more documents lang hingin kesa deny outright. Thanks Bro! Anything else you can suggest na pwede ko ilagay? For finances naman I think ok kami kasi sobrang daming investments/bankcerts naming linagay so hopefully ok un.

TiMMMY

Jun 29, 2016
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mic-mic said:
Be on the safe side and think of it as 8 months. If you think about it, if one year lang program mo, kelangan pag graduate mo, kinabukasan may work ka na para maka 1 year work experience ka and apply for CEC ;D
ito po yung link. kino-consider ko din kasi yung budget.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

elladayrit

Jul 11, 2016
kapatid said:
Depende sa country yan. Tanungin mo yung country mismo or maginquire ka kung gaano katagal bago mo makuha police clearance. Best is file the application pagkarating ng police clearance. So i tyempo mo.

Pwede naman basta labas na yung tuition. The more the merrier. Basta makiktia nila di ka magshoshort ng fund. Yung pera pwede maturn into cash anytime.

Paano pag retired na? Pwede bang wala ng proof of income na maipakita? Bank draft na lang at paid tuition fee?

cmaple

Dec 12, 2016
Hi guys,

Just got home from Canada under Visitor Visa. I applied to two (2) schools at Edmonton, Alberta. Pero yung pinaka-main reason ko talaga to visit was to take an exam na dun lang pwede sa Canada i-take. Unfortunately, I did not pass the exam. At yun yung nilagay kong reason to visit the country. Now that I want to study, ma-qquestion ba yung pag-exam ko at pag-apply ko ng student visa (Contradict)? Thank you in advance!

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
TiMMMY said:
ito po yung link. kino-consider ko din kasi yung budget.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
My suggestion po is push for a 2 year program po. Just to give you an idea, yung mga upper batch namin na may 5 years experience na as IT mnagers took 2-4 months to get hired after graduation. If you finish on May at by June or July wala ka pa work, baka September ka na magkawork (July, August, September kasi ang vacation mode ng mga tao dito) and this is from a booming industry already. Pero, chamba chamba din po kasi. Meron din naman upper batch na natapos yung finals ng Friday, Monday may job interview na and in a month may Job offer na. Yun, 1 year post grad lang kinuha. Pero medyo gifted yun ;D

sincerelyma

Oct 28, 2016
Guys, any advice what should I do regarding my case na I didn't meet my tuition fee deadline? It seems the school will not be able to extend it. Your advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!

TiMMMY

Jun 29, 2016
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mic-mic said:
My suggestion po is push for a 2 year program po. Just to give you an idea, yung mga upper batch namin na may 5 years experience na as IT mnagers took 2-4 months to get hired after graduation. If you finish on May at by June or July wala ka pa work, baka September ka na magkawork (July, August, September kasi ang vacation mode ng mga tao dito) and this is from a booming industry already. Pero, chamba chamba din po kasi. Meron din naman upper batch na natapos yung finals ng Friday, Monday may job interview na and in a month may Job offer na. Yun, 1 year post grad lang kinuha. Pero medyo gifted yun ;D
Like for example mag go ako sa 2 years program macocover ko ba yung expenses ko kung mag work ako part time? I have a family to support kasi. I think 2 years is too much for me.

Thank you very much.

porf01

Dec 13, 2016
Will be studying in St Claire Windsor, Ontario this January. Any tips for a good paying job sa Canada? And san kayo nag apply? pede ba mag apply like jobstreet or monster? Thanks!

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
sincerelyma said:
Guys, any advice what should I do regarding my case na I didn't meet my tuition fee deadline? It seems the school will not be able to extend it. Your advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!
Beg to the school. You need a really good connection to pull it off.

porf01 said:
Will be studying in St Claire Windsor, Ontario this January. Any tips for a good paying job sa Canada? And san kayo nag apply? pede ba mag apply like jobstreet or monster? Thanks!
Students are allowed only 20hrs/week so do not expect a good paying job since it is not a full time job.
Try kijiji. This local ads can hook you up with part time works.

porf01

Dec 13, 2016
kapatid said:
Beg to the school. You need a really good connection to pull it off.
Students are allowed only 20hrs/week so do not expect a good paying job since it is not a full time job.
Try kijiji. This local ads can hook you up with part time works.
yeah what I mean is good paying job for student visa. :) meron ba dito hindi natapos ung school kasi meron company nag sponsor sa kanila for a working visa? possible ba yun?