+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi everyone!

So, I've been doing some reading about PGWP, since that's part of why studying in Canada is attractive in the first place. From what I gather, hindi lahat ng international students are eligible for PGWP, tama po ba? Maliban sa length of study and whether full time or part time ang inaral, depende din pala sa institution. I know public secondary schools are eligible. CIC says "private schools that follow public regulations" are eligible but there doesn't seem to be a list or actual criteria to know which school is eligible? Apparently, there was a pilot progam in 2011-2013 where select private secondary school enrollees (like MTI, SprottShaw, Stenberg, etc) were all granted PGWP but I can't find any recent details and updates about the program na.

Sorry, ang haba. I just want to ask lang if any of you went to a private secondary school and successfully applied for PGWP? The course I want is offered in a private institution kasi but I don't want to risk having my PGWP rejected. I checked other public schools that offer the program I want (Douglas, Langara) kaso doble na yung presyo.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

apt2334

Nov 3, 2016
Hello,
I just have a quick question about applying for study permit in Canada.
My dad has taken out a loan to support for my education from his company. The amount will be deducted in a form of monthly instalments from his salary. Is it necessary to provide them with a letter from his company about this matter? If this letter is not attached with the application will this affect my Canada student visa application?

Jgr37110

Oct 9, 2016
lourve said:
Hi guys. Anyone here applied last September 2016 onward? What are your status/profile?

Upfront medical last September 05,2016
Applied via VFS last Sept 21, 2016
Hi!

Medical request: sept. 21, 2016
Medical: sept. 26, 2016
Medical passed: oct. 4, 2016

Until now waiting pa sa result☺

lourve

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Jgr37110 said:
Hi!

Medical request: sept. 21, 2016
Medical: sept. 26, 2016
Medical passed: oct. 4, 2016

Until now waiting pa sa result☺
Same here.. Patiently waiting for my visa result :) Pray and pray lang while waiting

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
NearlyLucid said:
Hi everyone!

So, I've been doing some reading about PGWP, since that's part of why studying in Canada is attractive in the first place. From what I gather, hindi lahat ng international students are eligible for PGWP, tama po ba? Maliban sa length of study and whether full time or part time ang inaral, depende din pala sa institution. I know public secondary schools are eligible. CIC says "private schools that follow public regulations" are eligible but there doesn't seem to be a list or actual criteria to know which school is eligible? Apparently, there was a pilot progam in 2011-2013 where select private secondary school enrollees (like MTI, SprottShaw, Stenberg, etc) were all granted PGWP but I can't find any recent details and updates about the program na.

Sorry, ang haba. I just want to ask lang if any of you went to a private secondary school and successfully applied for PGWP? The course I want is offered in a private institution kasi but I don't want to risk having my PGWP rejected. I checked other public schools that offer the program I want (Douglas, Langara) kaso doble na yung presyo.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
The best thing to do is look at the Designated Learning Institution list: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp ... mahirap yang private institution kasi minsan sumasablay na nga sa PGWP as you said. Also you can always ask your school itself kung PGWP-eligible ba sila, but I know merong iba nagsasabi ng eligible daw pero hindi pala. I would personally not risk it, especially if the tuition fee is too low. Stick to the reputable public schools if you can. Nakatipid ka nga sa tuition fee, di ka naman pwede mag PGWP. It's not worth the risk.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
apt2334 said:
Hello,
I just have a quick question about applying for study permit in Canada.
My dad has taken out a loan to support for my education from his company. The amount will be deducted in a form of monthly instalments from his salary. Is it necessary to provide them with a letter from his company about this matter? If this letter is not attached with the application will this affect my Canada student visa application?
Sure you can include the letter, but take note the funds must be in your dad's account for four months at least :)

sgta

Apr 5, 2016
gmm said:
Hello everyone !!!! Magshare lang po kami ng good news ☺

Upfront Medical St. Lukes J.Bacobo, Manila : April 8, 2016
Submitted Application: April 16, 2016 (Online Application)
Medicals Passed: April 18,2016
Additional Request for Police Clearance: April 21, 2016
Passport Request: May 2, 2016

Type of application: Student Visa with Husband (Open Work Permit) and Son (2 years old on Temporary Visa)
Course: 3 years

Kaya wag kayo mawalan ng pag-asa , have faith. We are also surprised sobrang bilis ng application process namin.

hi gmm, congrats..just saw ur post.. can you kindly share your SOP for I will be taking with me my family..thank you..my email address shierly_agullana@yahoo.com

tyn

Nov 7, 2016
Hi everyone! Just sharing my timeline from Study Permit to Post-Graduate Work Permit.

February 7, 2015 Attended Study in Canada Fair at Makati
March 1, 2015 Inquired about school
March 4, 2015 Applied for school
March 5, 2015 Received Letter of Acceptance from school; Enrolled in a Fast-Track Diploma Program (3 terms equivalent to a 2-year program)
April 21, 2015 Tuition fees paid
April 27&30, 2015 IELTS (my IELTS will expire soon so I had to retake)
May 18, 2015 Upfront medical exam done at IOM Makati
May 26, 2015 Applied for Study Permit online
June 6, 2015 Medical Exam passed
August 27, 2015 Passport requested
August 28, 2015 Passport dropped at Canada Visa Application Centre
September 1, 2015 Letter of Introduction received
September 2, 2015 Passport claimed at the VAC
September 4, 2015 Landed in Canada; Got my Study Permit and SIN at the port of entry
September 8, 2015 Started school
August 21, 2016 Completed school
September 23, 2016 Got Graduated Status from school; Confirmation letter and Transcript of records requested
September 26, 2016 Confirmation letter and Transcript of records received; Applied for PGWP online
October 31, 2016 PGWP approved online
November 4, 2016 PGWP arrived in mail (VALIDITY: October 2019) Yes, I got 3 years!!!; Applied for TRV extension online
November 7, 2016 Passport requested

Will send my Passport tomorrow for stamping of my new TRV. :)

Currently working in a skilled position. Hoping to get enough points to qualify for Permanent Residency under the Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class.

You can shoot me a message if you have questions or need help on your application. Goodluck guys! ;)

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
scorpio1641 said:
The best thing to do is look at the Designated Learning Institution list ... mahirap yang private institution kasi minsan sumasablay na nga sa PGWP as you said. Also you can always ask your school itself kung PGWP-eligible ba sila, but I know merong iba nagsasabi ng eligible daw pero hindi pala. I would personally not risk it, especially if the tuition fee is too low. Stick to the reputable public schools if you can. Nakatipid ka nga sa tuition fee, di ka naman pwede mag PGWP. It's not worth the risk.
Thanks for the reply scorpio1641. The school (MTI Community College) is included in the list but it's private. At this point, I don't think asking the school will help because they are not in the position to decide naman so even if they tell me that their students have been granted/ can be granted PGWP, I don't want to take the risk. So, it's back to researching for a public school offering the right course for me. Thanks for the advice. :)

tyn said:
Hi everyone! Just sharing my timeline from Study Permit to Post-Graduate Work Permit.
You can shoot me a message if you have questions or need help on your application. Goodluck guys! ;)
Congratulations tyn. May I please know what program you studied and what school you attended? Thank you :)

Slightly off topic but with the US Election results and all these Americans wanting to migrate to Canada, I hope that doesn't affect us too drastically. :eek:

johnrance87

Aug 14, 2011
tyn said:

March 5, 2015 Received Letter of Acceptance from school; Enrolled in a Fast-Track Diploma Program (3 terms equivalent to a 2-year program)
September 4, 2015 Landed in Canada; Got my Study Permit and SIN at the port of entry
September 23, 2016 Got Graduated Status from school; Confirmation letter and Transcript of records requested
September 26, 2016 Confirmation letter and Transcript of records received; Applied for PGWP online
November 4, 2016 PGWP arrived in mail (VALIDITY: October 2019) Yes, I got 3 years!!!; Applied for TRV extension online

Currently working in a skilled position. Hoping to get enough points to qualify for Permanent Residency under the Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class.

You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing! ;D
Best of luck!

nivs

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-02-2017 (Upfront NON-EDE IME)
tyn said:

Hi Tyn, can you share what school and course did you take up? Thank you

tyn

Nov 7, 2016
NearlyLucid said:
Thanks for the reply scorpio1641. The school (MTI Community College) is included in the list but it's private. At this point, I don't think asking the school will help because they are not in the position to decide naman so even if they tell me that their students have been granted/ can be granted PGWP, I don't want to take the risk. So, it's back to researching for a public school offering the right course for me. Thanks for the advice. :)

Congratulations tyn. May I please know what program you studied and what school you attended? Thank you :)

Slightly off topic but with the US Election results and all these Americans wanting to migrate to Canada, I hope that doesn't affect us too drastically. :eek:
Thank you ;D I studied a Fast-Track Accounting Diploma Program at Algonquin College, Ottawa. However, it is no longer offered. :(

tyn

Nov 7, 2016
nivs said:
Hi Tyn, can you share what school and course did you take up? Thank you
Hi nivs! I studied a Fast-Track Accounting Diploma Program at Algonquin College. It is a 2-year program delivered in a compressed format over 3 terms (1 year).