+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mygirl14

Oct 23, 2016
tyn said:
Hi everyone! Just sharing my timeline from Study Permit to Post-Graduate Work Permit.

February 7, 2015 Attended Study in Canada Fair at Makati
March 1, 2015 Inquired about school
March 4, 2015 Applied for school
March 5, 2015 Received Letter of Acceptance from school; Enrolled in a Fast-Track Diploma Program (3 terms equivalent to a 2-year program)
April 21, 2015 Tuition fees paid
April 27&30, 2015 IELTS (my IELTS will expire soon so I had to retake)
May 18, 2015 Upfront medical exam done at IOM Makati
May 26, 2015 Applied for Study Permit online
June 6, 2015 Medical Exam passed
August 27, 2015 Passport requested
August 28, 2015 Passport dropped at Canada Visa Application Centre
September 1, 2015 Letter of Introduction received
September 2, 2015 Passport claimed at the VAC
September 4, 2015 Landed in Canada; Got my Study Permit and SIN at the port of entry
September 8, 2015 Started school
August 21, 2016 Completed school
September 23, 2016 Got Graduated Status from school; Confirmation letter and Transcript of records requested
September 26, 2016 Confirmation letter and Transcript of records received; Applied for PGWP online
October 31, 2016 PGWP approved online
November 4, 2016 PGWP arrived in mail (VALIDITY: October 2019) Yes, I got 3 years!!!; Applied for TRV extension online
November 7, 2016 Passport requested

Will send my Passport tomorrow for stamping of my new TRV. :)

Currently working in a skilled position. Hoping to get enough points to qualify for Permanent Residency under the Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class.

You can shoot me a message if you have questions or need help on your application. Goodluck guys! ;)
hi tyn! congrats sa achievement mo.
planning to study too in canada diploma in business accounting 2 yrs course, ask ko labg wla kaya magiging problem with the application ng SP if i graduated bachelor in accountancy here then i will get diploma course in canada, may worry kc is the reason im graduated as bachelor then diploma ang i-take ko..pls enlighten me. thanks in advance

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
sincerelyma said:
What is your email? :)
Hi! You cam PM me here nalang po :)

Congratulations and thank you po tyn!
I will be undergoing the same process in May!

nivs

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
24-02-2017 (Upfront NON-EDE IME)
tyn said:
Hi nivs! I studied a Fast-Track Accounting Diploma Program at Algonquin College. It is a 2-year program delivered in a compressed format over 3 terms (1 year).
Thank you Tyn

Manstalent

Nov 10, 2016
I have applied for the study permit and its been 14 days but i am not able to track my application on VFS Global's website. All its giving me is "No details found matching the input values". Can anyone help me?

tyn

Nov 7, 2016
mygirl14 said:
planning to study too in canada diploma in business accounting 2 yrs course, ask ko labg wla kaya magiging problem with the application ng SP if i graduated bachelor in accountancy here then i will get diploma course in canada, may worry kc is the reason im graduated as bachelor then diploma ang i-take ko..pls enlighten me. thanks in advance
Hi mygirl14! You know what, that was the same big question I had before and it is left unanswered. I am a Registered Nurse back home. I am supposed to study Diploma in Practical Nursing here, but it was really complicated so I decided to take another path. I'm afraid I can't help you. But I actually have a classmate in accounting from China. She is also an International Student. She had her Bachelor's Degree in China and applied here to study a Graduate Certificate in Accounting (1-year). When she landed here, she immediately changed her program into a Diploma for the reason she wanted to have 3 years work permit. Also, she found out that the Graduate Certificate will not help her to become a CPA here in Canada. I am not suggesting that you take the same path, but I think if you can explain your intentions clearly on your SOP, you'll be fine.

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
mygirl14 said:
Hi! That's fine. I have a business ad degree too in ph but im currently taking accounting for 2yrs diploma course here in ontario.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
I have a bachelors in economics and now taking Software development ;D

mygirl14

Oct 23, 2016
tyn said:
Hi mygirl14! You know what, that was the same big question I had before and it is left unanswered. I am a Registered Nurse back home. I am supposed to study Diploma in Practical Nursing here, but it was really complicated so I decided to take another path. I'm afraid I can't help you. But I actually have a classmate in accounting from China. She is also an International Student. She had her Bachelor's Degree in China and applied here to study a Graduate Certificate in Accounting (1-year). When she landed here, she immediately changed her program into a Diploma for the reason she wanted to have 3 years work permit. Also, she found out that the Graduate Certificate will not help her to become a CPA here in Canada. I am not suggesting that you take the same path, but I think if you can explain your intentions clearly on your SOP, you'll be fine.
hi tyn!
thanks for ur reply! now i know atleast na pwede rin pala. i will work on my SOP na lang. good luck sa ating lahat

mygirl14

Oct 23, 2016
Blairxxx said:
Hi! That's fine. I have a business ad degree too in ph but im currently taking accounting for 2yrs diploma course here in ontario.
hi blairxxx
thank you! now im relieved that its possible namn pala to approve, may agency ka ba or self apply lang. can you share your SOP to me if yo wont mind. Thank you ang goodluck sa study mo dyn

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
mygirl14 said:
hi blairxxx
thank you! now im relieved that its possible namn pala to approve, may agency ka ba or self apply lang. can you share your SOP to me if yo wont mind. Thank you ang goodluck sa study mo dyn
Self apply lang. You can do it on your own too magbackread ka lang dito malaking tulong na un. I dont have a soft copy for my SOP anymore, na corrupt files ko. Sorry. but I'm willing to help, just ask. Message me.

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
tyn said:
Hi everyone! Just sharing my timeline from Study Permit to Post-Graduate Work Permit.

February 7, 2015 Attended Study in Canada Fair at Makati
March 1, 2015 Inquired about school
March 4, 2015 Applied for school
March 5, 2015 Received Letter of Acceptance from school; Enrolled in a Fast-Track Diploma Program (3 terms equivalent to a 2-year program)
April 21, 2015 Tuition fees paid
April 27&30, 2015 IELTS (my IELTS will expire soon so I had to retake)
May 18, 2015 Upfront medical exam done at IOM Makati
May 26, 2015 Applied for Study Permit online
June 6, 2015 Medical Exam passed
August 27, 2015 Passport requested
August 28, 2015 Passport dropped at Canada Visa Application Centre
September 1, 2015 Letter of Introduction received
September 2, 2015 Passport claimed at the VAC
September 4, 2015 Landed in Canada; Got my Study Permit and SIN at the port of entry
September 8, 2015 Started school
August 21, 2016 Completed school
September 23, 2016 Got Graduated Status from school; Confirmation letter and Transcript of records requested
September 26, 2016 Confirmation letter and Transcript of records received; Applied for PGWP online
October 31, 2016 PGWP approved online
November 4, 2016 PGWP arrived in mail (VALIDITY: October 2019) Yes, I got 3 years!!!; Applied for TRV extension online
November 7, 2016 Passport requested

Will send my Passport tomorrow for stamping of my new TRV. :)

Currently working in a skilled position. Hoping to get enough points to qualify for Permanent Residency under the Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class.

You can shoot me a message if you have questions or need help on your application. Goodluck guys! ;)

Hi Tyn...very encouraging ang journey mo. :)
I am planning to study din by Sept 2017...
Just want to ask sana about PGWP - it seems 1 year lang yung study mo sa canada but 3 years and PGWP issued sa yo - pede pala yun kasi as I am reading ang PGWP daw cannot be longer than the years of study?? Madami ba cases na ganun?
Thanks and God bless.

mygirl14

Oct 23, 2016
Blairxxx said:
Self apply lang. You can do it on your own too magbackread ka lang dito malaking tulong na un. I dont have a soft copy for my SOP anymore, na corrupt files ko. Sorry. but I'm willing to help, just ask. Message me.
ok thanks much! message ako pag may nagawa na ako.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
mygirl14 said:
You can take financial planning instead.
Please see below.
http://www.centennialcollege.ca/programs-courses/full-time/financial-planning/

Once you get your study permit, then you can decide on changing it afterwards.

Goodluck!

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
scorpio1641 said:
Maraming part time jobs dito sa Toronto, but the challenge for international students is to be able to apply to fit the "Canadian" way. Kasi wala akong contacts or network sa Canada talaga. Nakailang revision ako ng resume before I started getting any responses from employers, pero tiyaga lang talaga. I arrived in late August, I got my first job as a part time cashier 2nd week of October, so not too bad. Tiyaga lang at resourcefulness.

For the acceptance letter, usually hindi. But they usually give you a deadline to pay a tuition fee deposit to reserve your spot in the program but usually they don't need it to hand you the acceptance letter.

Hmmmm CIC. Medyo gahaman kasi pag agency sorry ha. I don't know if it's probably standard practice coz I applied on my own. Most likely they are trying to see if you are capable but you really don't need to pay $10k agad, usually ang one sem nga is around CAD6K-7K ... sinsiguro nila na hindi ka lilipat ng school o lilipat ng ibang agency. Pero hindi talaga kailangan yan. In my case, I just paid a CAD1,500 deposit to reserve my slot and I only paid the rest of my first semester fee of CAD5K when my visa got approved.
Hi Scorpio1641...been doing back reading and found your responses very light and easy. it gives encouragement to newbies like me here. :)
My question is that - from the time you were admitted by Centennial - how many days is the deadline they gave you to secure your spot (deposit payment)?
The reason i am asking is that i am waiting for the decision of other schools also, so if ever that i will receive admission from other school - i still have the liberty to choose which school to enroll eventually.