+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I am starting this new thread for anyone who is pursuing Express Entry while temporarily working in Quebec. There are many successful applicants in this forum who have done this. I hope they will give their inputs here.

Reasons to go Express Entry route :

1. Not knowing French, spouse not getting jobs.
2. Did not know that Quebec PR route was different from Express Entry when you accepted job offer.
3. CSQ for regular inland applicants delayed for unknown amount of time.
4. Do not want to live and settle in Quebec for some reason.

So the million dollar question from CIC's FAQ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=382&top=29

Can I apply under the Canadian Experience Class if I am currently living in Quebec and I plan to live elsewhere in Canada?

Yes. You can apply and count your work experience in Quebec.

If you plan to live in Quebec, you must apply to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion du Québec. Quebec selects its own immigrants.

Proving the intent to live outside Quebec

The onus is upon us to prove our intention to reside outside Quebec. It means you don't need to move out first and then apply. The FAQ says "if I am currently living in Quebec and I plan to live elsewhere" , .

In the Letter of Explanation section in Express Entry after getting an ITA, we need to provide a letter to the VO convincing the officer of our reasons, intentions and the steps that we have taken for the move. If the VO is convinced, our application will be accepted. If rejected, its still not misrepresentation.

The steps we have taken to prove our intent can be:

1. Job offers from other provinces.
2. Spouse not getting job.
3. Cannot speak French.
4. Cannot grow in career without speaking French etc.

If anyone is planning to go this route, lets discuss and help each other here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
I have only one question, a LMIA from Quebec can be used for EE applicants to claim points?

50 points I think. If not, why not?

That's the one thing I would like to know.

Is there anyone who was successful in doing it?

Regards.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I have only one question, a LMIA from Quebec can be used for EE applicants to claim points?

50 points I think. If not, why not?

That's the one thing I would like to know.

Is there anyone who was successful in doing it?

Regards.
After scouring this forum and thinking logically, LMIA from a Quebec employer cannot be used to claim 50 points, though the system will allow you to do so.

I will tell you why.

In your EE application, you have to write something called Letter of Intent in your LOE to move out of Quebec because EE is for people who do not want to reside in Quebec. Its the discretion of the visa officer to approve your application based on how convincing your arguments are about moving out of Quebec. Claiming LMIA points from a Quebec employer and at the same time having the intention to move out of Quebec is self defeating, thats why its not a good idea not to use LMIA points if you are applying EE from Quebec.

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
are there any members who got PR under EE and satisfied the VO about their intention of living outside Quebec?
Thanks

aadvir

Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I would like to know if you did apply for express entry? Is there anyone on this thread who tried?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
After Bill 9 gets approved, and specially if you´re one of the 18000 who got screwed because of it, I don´t think you really need much justification to convince the officer why you want to leave Quebec

mbkingsnake

Oct 23, 2017
Hello gang,

I wanted to share my experience on this subject.

I applied through EE 2 months ago, I qualified under the Canadian experience class. My overall points were aprox. 550. So far, my medical has been cleared. The only things still showing as pending is my background check(which came back clean from the FBI), and the qualifications (where the VO comes into play).

I really hope this this works out, because Quebec immigration and overall Quebec politics are an absolute joke. If this doesn't work I will start looking for work in northern Europe before my permit is over.

I will update this thread as I receive information.

Thanks all,

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
I will be looking forward to your updates as I will be applying under CEC from Montreal.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hello gang,

I wanted to share my experience on this subject.

I applied through EE 2 months ago, I qualified under the Canadian experience class. My overall points were aprox. 550. So far, my medical has been cleared. The only things still showing as pending is my background check(which came back clean from the FBI), and the qualifications (where the VO comes into play).

I really hope this this works out, because Quebec immigration and overall Quebec politics are an absolute joke. If this doesn't work I will start looking for work in northern Europe before my permit is over.

I will update this thread as I receive information.

Thanks all,
Thanks for the update, I´m withdrawing my CSQ and will continue same route later once Bill 9 gets approved in june and my lease in Montreal expires in july. My CRS is 473. It´s crazy how long and difficult things are here in Quebec. Hope everything works out well for you and let us know of any updates, thanks!

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
My OWP expires in march, being one of the unfortunate CSQ candidates from 2017, I am also considering going down EE route once my employer files for LMIA and closed WP. I hope MIDI reconsiders the decision on bill 9, and processes the pending inland applications. For now, a new application on Arima would require a new IELTS result and documentation from scratch.. which is not easy considering the time and money that was invested earlier on the applications.

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Hello Everyone, I am in this with you guys, i have been working in Quebec since december 2017 on a closed work permit. I applied for express entry through CEC on Jan 13 2019 and got AOR same day, Medical passed feb 22 2019, RPRF request letter recieved March 1st 2019, RPRF fee paid same day.

This is part of the letter i received for RPRF fee.

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. The admissibility review is currently in process; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose. At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common law partner, if applicable.

This is how my profile status look
Application/profile details​

• Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details
  • Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am yet to receive the request for letter of intent, Does any of you know at what stage this letter will be requested? Thanks for your help.

Last edited: