Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

TheAkshayh

Nov 7, 2015
Hi,

I have total experience of 8.8 years.
experience breakup as per NOC is as follows:

5.3 years in Software Development (Currently working) --> NOC 2173
Previous:
1 yrs telecommunications operations management (Designation: Assistant Manager) --> NOC 0131 (Telecommunications Manager)
2.5 yrs telecommunications planning & engg management (Designation: Deputy Manager) --> NOC 0131 (Telecommunications Manager)

does selection of primary NOC makes any difference in the process? 2173 is from category A and 0131 is from category 0

1. What NOC should I choose while filling the Express Entry? I haven't yet started to fill the form.
a. what documents I need to get from my previous and current employers.
I have experience letters from both previous jobs but they don't mention my roles and responsibilities in detail.
if anyone has a format of experience letters for 0131 please provide me.
i'm confused.

Also going ahead I want to apply for jobs in NOC 2173 only.
2. One consultant advised me to not to provide the previous experience and just to provide the 2173 experience otherwise they won't consider me in 2173 because of my previous jobs.
Is it right?

Thanks,

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheAkshayh said:
Hi,

I have total experience of 8.8 years.
experience breakup as per NOC is as follows:

5.3 years in Software Development (Currently working) --> NOC 2173
Previous:
1 yrs telecommunications operations management (Designation: Assistant Manager) --> NOC 0131 (Telecommunications Manager)
2.5 yrs telecommunications planning & engg management (Designation: Deputy Manager) --> NOC 0131 (Telecommunications Manager)

does selection of primary NOC makes any difference in the process? 2173 is from category A and 0131 is from category 0
Not really.
Your NOC can have an effect on which PNPs you can apply for, though.

1. What NOC should I choose while filling the Express Entry? I haven't yet started to fill the form.
a. what documents I need to get from my previous and current employers.
I have experience letters from both previous jobs but they don't mention my roles and responsibilities in detail.
if anyone has a format of experience letters for 0131 please provide me.
i'm confused.
I suggest you check out PNPs (if your score is below 482), and see if either of your NOCs is on the in-demand list for a Province you're interested in. If so, choose that NOC.
Otherwise, choose the NOC it's easier to get reference letters for.
A reference letter is the only document that is mandatory. It must contain your job title, the start/end dates, salary, and roles and responsibilities.

Also going ahead I want to apply for jobs in NOC 2173 only.
Once you have PR, the NOC you used to apply doesn't matter; you can work in any job.

2. One consultant advised me to not to provide the previous experience and just to provide the 2173 experience otherwise they won't consider me in 2173 because of my previous jobs.
Is it right?
No, not at all.

Thanks,

sudi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
hi guys,

Good luck to all,

I am an ONIP applicant...changed my job 2 weeks ago...should i notify about the job change?? the new job is not similar to the noc i am claiming points for...and if i need to notify within how many days??

kindly suggest.

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sudi said:
hi guys,

Good luck to all,

I am an ONIP applicant...changed my job 2 weeks ago...should i notify about the job change?? the new job is not similar to the noc i am claiming points for...and if i need to notify within how many days??

kindly suggest.

Thanks

OINP must be notified if there are any changes to your personal information or circumstances as detailed on your Nominee Application Form. You must complete the Change of Personal Information Form. This form can be downloaded from the OINP website http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPFORMS.html. Completed forms should be submitted to OINP by mail, fax or email attachment. Additionally, you will have to update your Express Entry profile as well.

You can email it to ontarionominee@ontario.ca and expressentry@ontario.ca

sammy1976

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-216
Doc's Request.
Schedule A, 17/sep/2016
Nomination.....
N / A
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront / 30-08-2016
Med's Done....
16-09-2016 / Passed
Interview........
not needed yet
Passport Req..
Dec 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 9, 2017
LANDED..........
INLAND
i applied in CEC on 31 Aug received AOR on Sep 03, 2016 how much processing time these days for CEC

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hello Guys,

Need some advice.

I received my ontario provincial nomination yesterday. Hopefully I will get ITA soon. However, my concern is that I will be unable to provide my wife's PCC and medical report within the 60 days period from date of ITA. We are expecting our kid in Feb 2017, so only after that I will be able to get the PCC/Medicals.

I went through CIC website, and have an understanding that these are mandatory documents and should be uploaded before online application is submitted. I have my wife one year old PCC. Is it fine if old PCC and letter of explanation is uploaded detailing the medical condition? I tried to search CIC contact details, but in vain.

My thought is that once I get the ITA, I will accept ITA and upload all of my(primary applicant) documents, and for my wife's PCC& medical, I will upload "letter of explanation" , pay the fees for me and wife and submit the application. Later once I am able to submit wife's PCC/medical. I will submit details of my kid and required fee and additional documents(if any).

If anyone of among us had been through a similar case as mine, please share your experience. Others, please advise.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kovthe said:
Hello Guys,

Need some advice.

I received my ontario provincial nomination yesterday. Hopefully I will get ITA soon. However, my concern is that I will be unable to provide my wife's PCC and medical report within the 60 days period from date of ITA. We are expecting our kid in Feb 2017, so only after that I will be able to get the PCC/Medicals.

I went through CIC website, and have an understanding that these are mandatory documents and should be uploaded before online application is submitted. I have my wife one year old PCC. Is it fine if old PCC and letter of explanation is uploaded detailing the medical condition? I tried to search CIC contact details, but in vain.

My thought is that once I get the ITA, I will accept ITA and upload all of my(primary applicant) documents, and for my wife's PCC& medical, I will upload "letter of explanation" , pay the fees for me and wife and submit the application. Later once I am able to submit wife's PCC/medical. I will submit details of my kid and required fee and additional documents(if any).

If anyone of among us had been through a similar case as mine, please share your experience. Others, please advise.
Yep, that's what you need to do.
You will also need to submit a copy of the baby's passport, and the baby will need to have a medical exam.

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
istari said:
Yep, that's what you need to do.
You will also need to submit a copy of the baby's passport, and the baby will need to have a medical exam.
Thanks istari for your prompt response.It helps. + 1 for you :)

kapatel

Feb 4, 2016
Hello Folks,

Sorry to creating new topic here as I could not find answer of my query.

Issue:

I am inland EE candidate and in Canada since 5 years.

Sept 2011 to Apr 2013 - Study Permit
June 2013 to June 24, 2016 - Work Permit - During this time got 2 year IT field experience
June 25, 2016 to approx. Oct 10, 2016 - Implied status - Basis on Paper Application as all are doing here to save job and to earn more money legally

EE Profile created - 487 Points / IELTS 7.5
Waiitng to get ITA in next draw

Question 1: "If I would get ITA and also AOR after submission of application in EE, can I get new work permit on basis of AOR?
Question 2: My Implied status will finish soon and will go on Restoration Period and have to quit current field job with lack of LMIA. What are the best option to stay in Canada during process of PR through EE.
Question 3: What is the best period to apply for Visitor Visa after entering in to restoration period such as after 15 days, 30 days or 60 days?

Please let me know solution of these issue.

Thanks in Advance

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Once someone gets his/her PR, is there any requirements of "minimum days to stay" after first landing? I have read that to maintain PR status, one has to stay for 3 years out of 5 years from the date PR was granted. So is it fine, if one travels to Canada(say Toronto) for a week or two, and then return to native country and travel again to Canada after a year or so?Or there could be some legal issues?

Lastly after landing in Canada, is there additional formality/documentation for PR holders?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kovthe said:
Once someone gets his/her PR, is there any requirements of "minimum days to stay" after first landing? I have read that to maintain PR status, one has to stay for 3 years out of 5 years from the date PR was granted. So is it fine, if one travels to Canada(say Toronto) for a week or two, and then return to native country and travel again to Canada after a year or so?Or there could be some legal issues?

Lastly after landing in Canada, is there additional formality/documentation for PR holders?
You have to spend 2 of 5 years in Canada.
Once you have your PR card, you can travel in and out of Canada as often as you like. (You can do this even without a PR card, but getting a temporary travel document is a bit complicated).

khairul.alam

Oct 2, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions. I'd really appreciate if you share the answers to my questions (if you know the answers of course).

1) I'm from Bangladesh. I have a Masters degree. I want to get my ECA done. So I looked at WES website but the information laid out on their website is kind of confusing. So my question is, do I need to send all my educational documents to WES or just the documents of my Masters degree? Do I need to send the transcripts? And will they accept photocopies of the transcripts and the certificate?

2) How long is the ECA valid for?

3) If I have a CRS point of 450; what are my chances?

4) I'm the co-founder of an IT company. I work there full-time and I take salary from the company. All our transactions are in cash. Can I use this employment experience for Express Entry?

5) How can I provide document for salary statement to CIC since the transaction is in Cash?

I look forward to your replies guys. Thanks!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khairul.alam said:
Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions. I'd really appreciate if you share the answers to my questions (if you know the answers of course).

1) I'm from Bangladesh. I have a Masters degree. I want to get my ECA done. So I looked at WES website but the information laid out on their website is kind of confusing. So my question is, do I need to send all my educational documents to WES or just the documents of my Masters degree? Do I need to send the transcripts? And will they accept photocopies of the transcripts and the certificate?

2) How long is the ECA valid for?
5 years.

3) If I have a CRS point of 450; what are my chances?
At the moment, not good. But the CRS cutoff is predicted to go down at the end of the year, so you'll know soon enough.

4) I'm the co-founder of an IT company. I work there full-time and I take salary from the company. All our transactions are in cash. Can I use this employment experience for Express Entry?
Yes. But you need to provide 3rd party documents that prove your work experience. So your list of job duties will need to come from a co-worker or clients, etc.

5) How can I provide document for salary statement to CIC since the transaction is in Cash?
You have to figure this out. Tax returns, pay slips, the company's account audits, etc.

I look forward to your replies guys. Thanks!