+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
Dear All,

I just got the English CELPIP exam results online , i was wondering if anyone took the exam and can advise how the score report look like physically . i need to catch the draw of January and EE profile requires Test report number. Would anybody be able to guess the formula for test report number ( in IELTS it was registeration year + country code ++ your number + first 3 letters in last name + first letter from first name + center number + G ) ?

Thank you

knk2507

May 19, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Awaiting
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hi

Could anyone please assist me in job bank that it's showing "Coming soon: More Jobs, Better Matches!" In my account. I haven't got an option to create my job profile and it's bern more than 24 days that I registered for job bank successfully.

Any insight on this would much appreciated!

Thanks n have a nice day

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
knk2507 said:
Hi

Could anyone please assist me in job bank that it's showing "Coming soon: More Jobs, Better Matches!" In my account. I haven't got an option to create my job profile and it's bern more than 24 days that I registered for job bank successfully.

Any insight on this would much appreciated!

Thanks n have a nice day
You cannot create your profile right now as job bank is not integrated with EE yet. You have to register to Job bank only.

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/01/cic-plans-making-express-entry-draw-canadian-immigration-weeks-014385.html

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Do we need to mention the part time jobs during our studies in Canada? if yes what should i answer for the following

1) No Work permit required? as i was studying at that time and the jobs were wither based on off campus work permit or were on campus for which i dont need a work permit
2) Were you working legally during this time (YES/No) ? I said no as i was studying full time during this time not working
2) Were you studying full time during this time (YES/NO) ? I said yes

kenjiro

Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wskamel said:
Dear All,

I just got the English CELPIP exam results online , i was wondering if anyone took the exam and can advise how the score report look like physically . i need to catch the draw of January and EE profile requires Test report number. Would anybody be able to guess the formula for test report number ( in IELTS it was registeration year + country code ++ your number + first 3 letters in last name + first letter from first name + center number + G ) ?

Thank you

You'll be fine!
Just enter the registration number.

Good Luck!

sidd2024

Aug 6, 2014
Can you help me understand a few things about Canadian Job bank because I am confused to how it works.

1. First of all there are no Jobs posted on Canadian job bank website. All there is are links to other job websites in Canada. So if I have to apply for these jobs, do I have to create a profile on all those job websites ?

2. Lets say I get a interview call from a prospective employer in Canada, then do I have to explain to him that he needs to get a positive LMIA, then offer me a job, then I will update my EE profile, then get a PR and then come work for him Shocked Cry Huh ? All this will take about 6 months. How and why will a Canadian employer wait for me for 6 months ? I don't understand this process well. Can you please explain.

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
hopeforthebest1 said:
Qualified in this occupation since ..... in the work history part ... what does that mean ? graduation date or else ?
It would be your graduation date (date on your degree/diploma)

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
dukhi said:
Do we need to mention the part time jobs during our studies in Canada? if yes what should i answer for the following

1) No Work permit required? as i was studying at that time and the jobs were wither based on off campus work permit or were on campus for which i dont need a work permit
2) Were you working legally during this time (YES/No) ? I said no as i was studying full time during this time not working
2) Were you studying full time during this time (YES/NO) ? I said yes
I think you are asking about the same question which you asked before "Do we even need to mention part time job like teaching assistant, building attendant etc during my MS in Canada...I know i wont be getting any points from them anyways"

And I would say answer is still same - experience gained when you was studying won't be counted in EE. Let me know if I am wrong.

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
sidd2024 said:
Can you help me understand a few things about Canadian Job bank because I am confused to how it works.

1. First of all there are no Jobs posted on Canadian job bank website. All there is are links to other job websites in Canada. So if I have to apply for these jobs, do I have to create a profile on all those job websites ? Yes, most of the jobs posted in the job bank are just a hyperlink to other job sites and you have to create a profile if that is what required to apply for that job.. I know it's hard but it is what it is..

2. Lets say I get a interview call from a prospective employer in Canada, then do I have to explain to him that he needs to get a positive LMIA, then offer me a job, then I will update my EE profile, then get a PR and then come work for him Shocked Cry Huh ? All this will take about 6 months. How and why will a Canadian employer wait for me for 6 months ? I don't understand this process well. Can you please explain. Sorry to say but this is the route to get a job which itself make the prospective employer to look for a candidate present currently in Canada. If they wont find the right match in Canada then employer will go for the LMIA path, which itself is a pain for employer.

nihar.nia

Jan 28, 2015
ngelsa said:
You can still apply through EE even if you don't have a job offer supported by a positive LMIA, but you won't be able to claim that extra 600 points that will boost you to the top. In addition, without a valid job offer you will have to create a job bank profile in order to be entered into the pool (given you have already met the minimal requirements for one of the 3 federal programs).
[/quote

I have a job offer from my current company....will it suffice the requirement or i will have to go to get the new one thru job bank....also does it make sense to wait for 1 year to apply...will it make any difference

Thanks
Nihar

gmduncanidaho

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2
Doc's Request.
Jan 14 & Jan 24
AOR Received.
Jan 2
nihar.nia said:
I have a job offer from my current company....will it suffice the requirement or i will have to go to get the new one thru job bank....also does it make sense to wait for 1 year to apply...will it make any difference

Thanks
Nihar
If your company has a positive LMIA that should be enough

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
NIMM said:
If I had applied as a Federal Skilled Worker after May 1 2014, received UCI # from CIO and waiting for CIC mail for Medical and Police. I have also applied online for Express Entry System after Jan 1, 2015 and got the Profile number and accepted to the pool. What will happen to 2014 application? :(
Now you have to wait.
If you receive invitation to apply you will have to choose one way. You cannot have two applications in process.

gmduncanidaho

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2
Doc's Request.
Jan 14 & Jan 24
AOR Received.
Jan 2
I have a degree accredited by WES (4 year university degree) plus a one year postgraduate "Ontario College Graduate Certificate"
When I enter both separately (as a degree and a diploma) under Education History, my level of education score corresponds to "Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer", whereas I believe it should be "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

Now there is an option to chose "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of at least three years"
Is this what I should choose for both of them? The system should be able to calculate this on it's own when I enter my credentials but it doesn't.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
gmduncanidaho said:
I have a degree accredited by WES (4 year university degree) plus a one year postgraduate "Ontario College Graduate Certificate"
When I enter both separately (as a degree and a diploma) under Education History, my level of education score corresponds to "Post-secondary program credential of three years or longer", whereas I believe it should be "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

Now there is an option to chose "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of at least three years"
Is this what I should choose for both of them? The system should be able to calculate this on it's own when I enter my credentials but it doesn't.
I had the exact same issue. I did my Bachelors first and then completed a year here in Canada and was awarded a Graduate Certificate.

What I did was, for the Graduate certificate I choose "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of at least three years"

I got points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of at least three years"

Hope this helps.