+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SIDD007 said:
Hi,
I need a advise from all the fellow knowledgeable people on this forum for my particular case.

Little bit of my background- I have finished my masters from canada in mechanical engineering and m working here for more than a year now. I have already received invitation for PR on january 6th 2016 and have to upload documents by march 6th. Now my question is regarding status of my to be wife. We will be getting married in month july and i want to try and get her PR with mine itself. We have not yet registered our marriage and will be doing that in july itself. WHat options do i have to get her in Canada? I want to get my wife with me in month of july
1) Should i accept my invite and start processing my PR and hope that it wont be processed till july and then add her name in application in month of july?
2) Should i decline my invitation and apply again in april or may making it sure that my file will not be processed till we get married?
3) WHat visa should i get her to canada? Should i process her visitors visa? What options do i have.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Siddharth
I guess option 2 would work (depending on your CRS, of course). If you have a CRS over 460ish, then, IMO, option 2 will most probably work (I cannot be definite here because there was a FSW applicant who got PPR in 12 days after submission of application).

I imagine you can add your spouse well into the process. If, by chance, your application is processed before you could declare your marriage to CIC, then, you will have to sponsor your wife. Go through the link below -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
yxlxh said:
Help please!

I got a nomination letter from Saskatchewan and my occupation is 2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians. but I got a letter of reference from my former company which wrote my job title is Computer hardware development engineer. In my country , hardware engineer or electrical engineer do not need a license but in Canada engineer means "Professional engineer" and need a license. I do not have a Canada's license. Do you think this reference letter is acceptable by the nomination officer of CIC?

Thank you so much.

note:I need to submit two letters of reference. One is the letter I mentioned as before whose job title is Computer hardware development engineer for one year, the other has a job title "Electronics Engineering Technologist" for five years.
You indeed a license but that license is required before you decide to start working in Canada. This has nothing to do with your nomination/application process.

To sum up, you not having a license will not affect your PR application in any way. As long as your reference letters mention all the details required by CIC, you are good to go.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mesa said:
I need advise, please.
Applied under Express Entry Experience Class at Oct.19, 2015. Received a notification of rejection for a still unsolved matter (CIC need additional documents) my application status is shown as cancelled, in the section 'documents' it says: We need additional documents. In the last section it says: No final decicion has been started yet.
I do have an upload button where CIC needs the additional information. I have the document reday, uploaded it, when I go to the next page to sign, I fill it out, then push the sign button; a system error occurs.
I phoned CIC they just told me, my application is rejected, so I should even have the chance to upload anything. But I sure do, just the submission is the issue.
I also figured that I have in my application profile in the section, where you usually see e.g. the Express Entry Profile before submission, a section: Online Application, when I click on it it looks same like the Express entry, but I'm sure i haven't created this one.
Any idea? i don't mind to send a screen shot via PM.

Thank you in advance
I am sorry about your rejection.

Well, what the CIC staff told you is true. You must not see any placeholders/buttons. Once your application is rejected, you cannot make anymore changes or submit anything.

Unless you get your reopened (which is almost impossible to do if the mistake is not on CICs part), you have to start from scratch. You should create a new EE profile and wait for an ITA and submit a new e-APR.

I wish you good luck with your new application.

mesa

Jan 20, 2016
Quote from: mesa on January 21, 2016, 12:22:20 am

I need advise, please.
Applied under Express Entry Experience Class at Oct.19, 2015. Received a notification of rejection for a still unsolved matter (CIC need additional documents) my application status is shown as cancelled, in the section 'documents' it says: We need additional documents. In the last section it says: No final decicion has been started yet.
I do have an upload button where CIC needs the additional information. I have the document reday, uploaded it, when I go to the next page to sign, I fill it out, then push the sign button; a system error occurs.
I phoned CIC they just told me, my application is rejected, so I should even have the chance to upload anything. But I sure do, just the submission is the issue.
I also figured that I have in my application profile in the section, where you usually see e.g. the Express Entry Profile before submission, a section: Online Application, when I click on it it looks same like the Express entry, but I'm sure i haven't created this one.

Thank you in advance

Well, what the CIC staff told you is true. You must not see any placeholders/buttons. Once your application is rejected, you cannot make anymore changes or submit anything.

Unless you get your reopened (which is almost impossible to do if the mistake is not on CICs part), you have to start from scratch. You should create a new EE profile and wait for an ITA and submit a new e-APR.

--------------------

Unfortunately my opinion is, that CIC made the mistake.
They were asking for police records for countries, my husband worked in, but NEVER resided there. He was registered in our home country and just traveled to the job sites Mon-Fri (slept in hotels etc) The work was issued as a contract.
But CIC wants these records, even if our outpointing address history (where the police records are asked for) shows , that he never resided in a different country than his home country.
I tried to communicate with CIC all answer I got back read to me like templates. I don't think that somebody really took a look at my file and case.

I don't have time to get a new Express Entry done (work permit expires in early April 2016) and I haven't found any chance to extent it

ssd

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
01-18-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
Med's Done....
24-12-2015
mesa said:
Quote from: mesa on January 21, 2016, 12:22:20 am

I need advise, please.

Thank you in advance

--------------------

Unfortunately my opinion is, that CIC made the mistake.
They were asking for police records for countries, my husband worked in, but NEVER resided there. He was registered in our home country and just traveled to the job sites Mon-Fri (slept in hotels etc) The work was issued as a contract.
But CIC wants these records, even if our outpointing address history (where the police records are asked for) shows , that he never resided in a different country than his home country.
I tried to communicate with CIC all answer I got back read to me like templates. I don't think that somebody really took a look at my file and case.

I don't have time to get a new Express Entry done (work permit expires in early April 2016) and I haven't found any chance to extent it
Did they not ask you for any additional documents ?? like background declaration or travel related !!

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please advice.

I just stumbled on this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

In the above link under medical examination, it mentions that this document has to be submitted for non-accompanying children too. My son is a Canadian citizen and he is listed in the application as a non-accompanying child. He is only 18 months.

Under the documents section, we have request for medical documents for both me and my wife but not under my son profile.

Is it necessary to get medicals done for my son?

Cheers

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
Harsha5877 said:
Please advice.

I just stumbled on this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

In the above link under medical examination, it mentions that this document has to be submitted for non-accompanying children too. My son is a Canadian citizen and he is listed in the application as a non-accompanying child. He is only 18 months.

Under the documents section, we have request for medical documents for both me and my wife but not under my son profile.

Is it necessary to get medicals done for my son?

Cheers
It is not necessary to do medicals for Canadian citizens. Don't worry. I had the same thing with my daughter which was 6 months old and we didn't do her medical.

Harsha5877

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JK_CAD said:
It is not necessary to do medicals for Canadian citizens. Don't worry. I had the same thing with my daughter which was 6 months old and we didn't do her medical.
Thank you. The wordings are so vague in CIC website that makes you interpret differently when you are under pressure :p

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
How long are the IELTS valid for? Some people say one year but when I googled online it says two years..

mesa

Jan 20, 2016
ssd said:
Did they not ask you for any additional documents ?? like background declaration or travel related !!
As of support with the MP office CIC told us that we can submit a Statutory Declaration to proof and explain why we can not provide these police records, but when I will submit during my profile, I will not work. So I don't know.
Again, re apply will not work for us for the reason, that I don't have enough time left unitl I will be eligible to apply for a bridging permit

bindas123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
NB,Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
Hello,

i have a question about Schedule A,IMM5669E, would be great if some one could answer me.
1)i had usa student visa rejection 4 years back, so when i am answering questions D, i am assuming i should answer "YES" and indicate in the box the reason.
2) how about question E)been refused admission to or order to leave canada or any other country?
should i answer a YES or NO here. i never entered inside any other country and sent back meaning refused admission but i am confused about what to say here, say "YES" and write the same reason as above for question D, stating usa student visa rejected or say NO and leave it.
3)Also do we need to fill the form, print and scan and send or just fill it and send it.

Thanq.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoPe90 said:
How long are the IELTS valid for? Some people say one year but when I googled online it says two years..
Valid for 2 years from the date on the results report.

yxlxh

Jul 14, 2015
Thank you so much for your reply. :)

rajkamalmohanram said:
You indeed a license but that license is required before you decide to start working in Canada. This has nothing to do with your nomination/application process.

To sum up, you not having a license will not affect your PR application in any way. As long as your reference letters mention all the details required by CIC, you are good to go.

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

How do you enter the country code in the post ITA profile in the section Contact Details/Telephone ..
To me the number should be +359 (the country code) + the number. However, I tried inserting +359 and 00359 and the system did not accept for.
It only accepted 359 with no other characters but this is not the correct way to write a phone country code ..

Or is this the country code by letters like CAD for example?

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
AnnaBG said:
Hi all,

How do you enter the country code in the post ITA profile in the section Contact Details/Telephone ..
To me the number should be +359 (the country code) + the number. However, I tried inserting +359 and 00359 and the system did not accept for.
It only accepted 359 with no other characters but this is not the correct way to write a phone country code ..

Or is this the country code by letters like CAD for example?
You cannot enter either "+" or "00". Just enter the country code, in your case 359. You should be fine. I have done the same thing. Do not worry.