+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one from Pakistan apply to London office as Provincial Nominee

Ovais Zafar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Hi all

I got my Provincial Nominee Approval letter (LOA) few days back. Now I have to apply to CIO, Nova Scotia.

I wanna ask a question that from where can I get a "Bank Draft"?

If I get a Bank Draft from Western Union or Dollar East, is it acceptable by CIO?

Regards

Dear Ume Rayan
I make the draft from Meezan Bank from my own account, whereas you also can get it from Western Union or Dollar East, they also made it from any of schedle banks of Pakistan.
OZ

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
shahzad0786 said:
Dear i will also move on ist july pls any advise for me i also use PIA Airline , IO asked for POF at the time of ENTRY you a have family

Ume Rayan

Mar 13, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
MPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb,2012
Doc's Request.
April,2012
Nomination.....
May,2012
AOR Received.
July,2012
File Transfer...
Doc req: Sept,2012
Med's Request
Jan,2013
Med's Done....
Jan,2013
Passport Req..
PPR1:July,2013 PPR2:Aug, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,2013
LANDED..........
Insha'Allah Oct, 2013
Ovais Zafar said:
Dear Ume Rayan
I make the draft from Meezan Bank from my own account, whereas you also can get it from Western Union or Dollar East, they also made it from any of schedle banks of Pakistan.
OZ
Thanx a lot. Im residing in Lahore. I went to Mezan Bank, but they said that only foreign Currency Account holder can get a draft. So I went to Western Union today, they'll give me a draft tomorrow.

I read some where in PNP forum that "Only bank drafts containing the name and complete address of the Canadian bank will be accepted." What does this mean? I have to mention that from where it can be encashed? Did you mention any bank's name on it?

As Western Union Personnel said that there is no need to mention any Canadian bank's name on draft. Each Local Bank's draft in CAD is acceptable if it is addressed to "Receiver General for Canada”.

I'll really appreciate if you answer my query.I dont want to get my application back from CIO due to incorrect payment.

Regards

Ume Rayan

Mar 13, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
MPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb,2012
Doc's Request.
April,2012
Nomination.....
May,2012
AOR Received.
July,2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Jan,2013
Med's Done....
Jan,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,2013
LANDED..........
Insha'Allah Oct, 2013
alhassan said:
u can get by either of these bt i got mine through wallstreet n it work
Thanx a lot. Im residing in Lahore. I went to Western Union today, they'll give me a draft tomorrow.

I read some where in PNP forum that "Only bank drafts containing the name and complete address of the Canadian bank will be accepted." What does this mean? I have to mention that from where it can be encashed?

Did you mention any bank's name on it?

As Western Union Personnel said that there is no need to mention any Canadian bank's name on draft. Each Local Bank's draft in CAD is acceptable if it is addressed to "Receiver General for Canada”.

I'll really appreciate if you answer my query.I dont want to get my application back due to incorrect payment.

Regards

SK AND CA

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
Nomination.....
December 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 2012
IELTS Request
submitted at time of application
Med's Request
JAN 2012, AND LAST Medical requested Mar 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25th of Sept. 2014 and DM status changed on 27th of October
VISA ISSUED...
18 nov and passports reveived on 21th of nov
LANDED..........
inshallaha soon
Ume Rayan said:
Thanx a lot. Im residing in Lahore. I went to Western Union today, they'll give me a draft tomorrow.

I read some where in PNP forum that "Only bank drafts containing the name and complete address of the Canadian bank will be accepted." What does this mean? I have to mention that from where it can be encashed?

I'll really appreciate if you answer my query.I dont want to get my application back due to incorrect payment.

Once u received the bank draft from western union, make sure it written that withdrawn at
Bank of Montreal in Toronto

Regards

Asifov

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2008
Doc's Request.
01-Jan-2010
Nomination.....
15-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
20-Mar-2010
IELTS Request
No (But i attempted)
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Med's Request
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
28-11-2011 and 15-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Step1: 30th May 2012, Step2: 6th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
10th August 2012
Ume Rayan said:

Regards
Ume Rayan,

It doesnt matter. You just have tpo make sure that draft is in the name of "Receiver General of Canada". It doesnt matter from where the draft has been made. It also doesnt matter in which bank they will make it honored. Secondly it is the misinformation of my friend SK and CA that it shd be meant for bank of montreal. I must clear that it is nt the case

So dont worry
Western Union ppl make it every day and its their job

Regards

Ovais Zafar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Ume Rayan,
Asalam Alikum
Meezan Bank has mis-guided you as I made the draft from my Pak Rupees Account, it is intresting that I also have a US Dollars account in Meezan Bank but the officer told me that you have to convert US Dollars in Pak Rupees then we will make draft from your Pak Rupees account, anyway Western Union draft will not a problem as Western Union is not authorised to make a draft they also made it from any schedule bank, right now i am in office I have my bank draft photo copy at home i will check it in the evening & let you know tomorrow inshallah that they have mentioned any bank reference of a Canadian Bank on it.
Wassalam,
OZ

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
Ovais Zafar said:
Ume Rayan,
Asalam Alikum
Meezan Bank has mis-guided you as I made the draft from my Pak Rupees Account, it is intresting that I also have a US Dollars account in Meezan Bank but the officer told me that you have to convert US Dollars in Pak Rupees then we will make draft from your Pak Rupees account, anyway Western Union draft will not a problem as Western Union is not authorised to make a draft they also made it from any schedule bank, right now i am in office I have my bank draft photo copy at home i will check it in the evening & let you know tomorrow inshallah that they have mentioned any bank reference of a Canadian Bank on it.
Wassalam,
OZ
Dear i maked my bankdraft from wallstreet and the draft was of soneri bank for the "general receiver for canada" and they use canadian imperrial bank with address mentioned in the end write corner of bankdraft

Ume Rayan

Mar 13, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
MPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb,2012
Doc's Request.
April,2012
Nomination.....
May,2012
AOR Received.
July,2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Jan,2013
Med's Done....
Jan,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,2013
LANDED..........
Insha'Allah Oct, 2013
Asifov said:
Ume Rayan,

It doesnt matter. You just have tpo make sure that draft is in the name of "Receiver General of Canada". It doesnt matter from where the draft has been made. It also doesnt matter in which bank they will make it honored. Secondly it is the misinformation of my friend SK and CA that it shd be meant for bank of montreal. I must clear that it is nt the case

So dont worry
Western Union ppl make it every day and its their job

Regards
Thanks. I guess I was misguided. Its not necessary to mention Canadian Bank name on it. It shud be in CAD & payable to "Receiver General of Canada" & thats it. I just came to know that whether Bank's name is mentioned or not, in both cases Bank draft is acceptable. Its such a relief.

Regards

Ume Rayan

Mar 13, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
MPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb,2012
Doc's Request.
April,2012
Nomination.....
May,2012
AOR Received.
July,2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Jan,2013
Med's Done....
Jan,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,2013
LANDED..........
Insha'Allah Oct, 2013
Thanks @sam pk & @Sk & CA

Its not necessary to mention Canadian Bank name on it. It shud be in CAD & payable to "Receiver General of Canada" & thats it. I just came to know that whether Bank's name was mentioned or not, CIO accepted both of drafts. So I guess Western Union official was right.

Regards

Ume Rayan

Mar 13, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
MPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb,2012
Doc's Request.
April,2012
Nomination.....
May,2012
AOR Received.
July,2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Jan,2013
Med's Done....
Jan,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,2013
LANDED..........
Insha'Allah Oct, 2013
Ovais Zafar said:
Ume Rayan,
Asalam Alikum
Wassalam,
OZ
WAoA

Thanks for replying. My father recently opened an account in Meezan Bank. I went there but they said that they only facilitate their Foreign Account holders. Yes Western Union are gonna make a draft from NIB. But they said that they never ever mention any Canadian bank on it as it is acceptable in any Canadian bank. The only requirement is that it shoud be in CAD & payable to "Receiver General of Canada" & thats it. I just came to know that whether Bank's name is mentioned or not, in both cases Bank draft is acceptable. Its such a relief.

Regards

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
please correct this is " Receiver General For Canada"

Ume Rayan

Mar 13, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
MPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb,2012
Doc's Request.
April,2012
Nomination.....
May,2012
AOR Received.
July,2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Jan,2013
Med's Done....
Jan,2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,2013
LANDED..........
Insha'Allah Oct, 2013
msaleem216 said:
please correct this is " Receiver General For Canada"
Oh yes sorry...Its my mistake....I noted it too by the time I posted it already.

Thanks any ways.

manubobby

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]New Delhi[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]09/12/2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b]04/01/2014[/b]
File Transfer...
[b]10/01/2014[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15/11/2013[/b]
Interview........
[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
Hi guys,

I have created a facebook page for members here along with sset12 and oldmiltonian .. I figured it would be easier to communicate .. anyways.. for all of you who are interested .. please join the group - Provincial Nominee - Canada on FB.. here's the link for it .. cheers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/241326632609197/

rana_Quebec

Jun 3, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad but now LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
Med's Request
17 nov 2014
Med's Done....
25 nov 2014
Interview........
they put us in interview que but removed after sending them more proofs and explanations i got to know from notes
Passport Req..
July 20 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 7 2015
LANDED..........
september inshallah
anybody did medicals from IOM Karachi ,i heared that they send medicals to NDVO rather than LVO is it true ? if yes how much time they take to reach LVO ?
please reply