ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you py fees twice

One is processing fees payed to CIO
Second is RPRF ( Right to permanent residency fee) paid to CHC. You can pay the second fee at time of submitting ful docs or when requested with Medicals

VipalPatel

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
24 Feb 2010
AOR Received.
29 April 2010
IELTS Request
send with file
File Transfer...
03 March 2010
ankit_20 said:
Congrats Sagar...

All the best for the further process

I have also send application on 12 Nov and hoping for the best news comes on my way.....

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
mdwivedi said:
By the way,do you have to pay the fees just once or twice?I have paid to CIO,NS.

Do you have to pay again to the visa office?Members,please shed some light.Thanks,
Mdwivedi, your information on Credit Card was useful. Congratulations on your AOR. With regards to your question on fee, you pay processing fee only once. You don't have to pay any fee while submitting the application to Visa Office. But, you will be incurring further payments for two different reasons.

1. When Visa Office asks you to get the Medical done, you will incur some money (approx. 450 USD for people in the US. I don't know how much would that turn-out in Hong Kong) to the physician

3. Further you will be paying about CAD 800 (approx.) towards Right of Landing Fee (also called Right of Permanent Residence Fee) when your medicals are through and when Visa Office request your passport for stamping.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdwivedi credit card information is very useful. Thank you very much ! My application arrived Sydney 18th Nov, but my credit card is not charged yet.

mdwivedi

Jan 1, 2010
Canpr,Thanks.

I think if you are applying to the visa office you must pay CAD 550,the same amount you paid to CIO.

mdwivedi

Jan 1, 2010
I think you need to pay the amount when you lodge the application with the visa office.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/hong_kong/assets/pdfs/FEESCHEDULE.pdf

CAD 550 per person.Right?

aram_golbaghi

Jul 1, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-08-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
update the list please!!!

ocean555

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpr said:
Elar, thanks for updating your status. I noticed this couple days ago. When one of the member tried to update his status, he copied an outdated list, updated the info and pasted that as his post. I remember also seeing Riswanyounes received his AOR but, I think that also was removed when this member pasted an outdated list. For this reason, I really admire the October applicants. I should say they did a wonderful job in maintaining and updating the list. This list is really useful but, the key to making this a useful source of tracking application is by having a tight control over changes to the list. That way, the information will be accurate and the changes will be consistent. To do that, the list has to be handled by a very few controlled group of people or even just one maintaining the list will be beneficial for all. I hope you all would agree to my point. I know this forum was started by Knight but, have conversing with him for couple months now, I am very sure he wouldn't mind if one of us would be willing to do the dirty work. I don't mind doing this. Infact, I tried to do this couple times but, the output came up very bad and misaligned. I am going to try it again. If it comes up well, I would request all the forum users to leave the dirty job to me. Just leave the information in the forum. I will pickup and update the list. I hope everyone would agree with me. If there are any objections, please feel free to make a point.

Thank you.
@ Canpr.......hey its grt tht u've taken the responsibility to update...it will benefit all :) Can u pls add me...

CIO NS recvd. my application on NOV 10th , no reply yet... didnt chk if they used my bank draft yet..whn i do i'll update to u...thxx a lot ..best of luck to all......... we need to have patience...

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also confused about fee payment and have asked in other 2 threads but got not very firm answer.
from the AOR email, it ask us to quote the invoice number when submitting full docs. So i assume that we do not have to pay processing fee again, otherwise they should not mention that. But I am not very sure about this.

sagarmatha

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-04-2010
Med's Request
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
13-09-2010
Interview........
waived up to now
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2010
LANDED..........
Some time next year
Hello
All
I started collecting all the police certificates starting from the month of September as I first applied my initial application at the starting of September. My application was returned back in Mid November because I missed to put N/A at one space. On the mean time, I received all the state and FBI police certificate 3-4 months ago. My belief was that the police certificate can not be more than six months old but today i read somewhere that it cannot be more than 3 months. Looks like, I am screwed here now. What do you guys think?

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi sagarmatha,
it can not be more than 3 months. But it's ridiculous say, I stayed in one country 5 years ago for 1 year and never return and I got the PCC 6 months ago. It should be valid, right?
but we have to follow their requirement.
I am also troubled by this as I do not live in my home country and have to get PCC there while looks difficult to get someone to help me.

gauri

Jan 8, 2010
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4121 & 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th December, 2009.
Doc's Request.
27th February, 2010.
Nomination.....
NIL
AOR Received.
23rd April, 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 bands
File Transfer...
3rd March 2010 by CIO
Med's Request
21st Oct,2010
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21st Oct,2010 and sent on 6th NOV, 2010
Hi to all concerned,
I would like to tell you all about the fee structure:
INITIAL ASSESSMENT: $550(per person)
LOCAL VISA OFFICE: $450(per person)
medical fees: as per the nation.(INR 3000 apporx for India)
no of Family Members Funds Required(in Canadian dollars)

1 $10,833
2 $13,486
3 $16,580
4 $20,130
5 $22,831
6 $25,749
7 or more $28,668

thanks
All the Best

mdwivedi

Jan 1, 2010
Because of this PCC issue,I have just written to the Canadian Consulate in HK,asking for a refund.I got my AOR yesterday.Also it requires too much of paper work i.e notarized etc..so I gave up but no regrets.

I think,as Ankit mentioned,you have to pay the fees twice:
CIO: CAD 550
VO : CAD 550

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Canpr. It would be great if you do the updating only.

canpr said:
Elar, thanks for updating your status. I noticed this couple days ago. When one of the member tried to update his status, he copied an outdated list, updated the info and pasted that as his post. I remember also seeing Riswanyounes received his AOR but, I think that also was removed when this member pasted an outdated list. For this reason, I really admire the October applicants. I should say they did a wonderful job in maintaining and updating the list. This list is really useful but, the key to making this a useful source of tracking application is by having a tight control over changes to the list. That way, the information will be accurate and the changes will be consistent. To do that, the list has to be handled by a very few controlled group of people or even just one maintaining the list will be beneficial for all. I hope you all would agree to my point. I know this forum was started by Knight but, have conversing with him for couple months now, I am very sure he wouldn't mind if one of us would be willing to do the dirty work. I don't mind doing this. Infact, I tried to do this couple times but, the output came up very bad and misaligned. I am going to try it again. If it comes up well, I would request all the forum users to leave the dirty job to me. Just leave the information in the forum. I will pickup and update the list. I hope everyone would agree with me. If there are any objections, please feel free to make a point.

Thank you.

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi gauri,
Is this Visa Office Fee (450) in your visa office for RPRF or for processing fee?
Thanks