+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
strength2 said:
Hi,

We have one more applicant Mona Momeni who is waiting for a year for her PR, but she lived in Canada before for a year and she traveled to US so she thinks US security screening is the matter with her application.

For GCMS notes I ordered them twice before last one on Jan and I always got it back in a month. I am surprised why yours is taking so long.

Also for our case I submitted CSIS form even though it takes 8 weeks to get back CSIS report by mail.

Can you please enter the application date, other important date under your profile so that we can see it under your name all the time.

I am thinking we should connect all the MPs together and ask them to write a petition letter on behalf of all of us or we write a letter ourselves.

Good luck
Hi, thank you for the mention. Just to make it a little more precise, I am October applicant and on May 5 it will be 7 full months since we have submitted our application and haven't heard much after the cases was transferred to Ankara. Our file is in security check for 6 month now. I'm not hopeful to hear any news by the end of 8th month, either.

Following up the cases of other applicants, it seems that if it is stuck in security screening it can easily reach a year. All other applicants with less exhaustive background check have been pass requested in less than 6 months. For all these reasons, I have applied for a tourist visa since last week. I will let you know what happens with it. I wish all of us get our visa soon.

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
sohrabshabani said:
Hi dear friends,

I have been checking this forum for the last 2 months. I submitted my application to sponsor my wife in June 2016. Application was forwarded to Ankara visa office for further processing in August 2016. Since then there was no movement, no news. It has been 11 months and we are still waiting. So unlike what you said about discrimination against husbands, it is not the case only for sponsored husbands. I went to my local MP 3 times in the last 2 months. The only thing he said was that they are doing the background check.No detailed information. Also I requested GCMS notes on January 23 but I did not receive it as yet. I sent them an email inquiring about my request and here is what they said:

According to our records, your request is due on April 24, 2017 ((including the extension of 60 days).
The 30 days allowed by the Act are calendar days, as provided for in subsection 27(5) of the Interpretation Act. They are counted from the first day following receipt of a complete request in the appropriate office(s) named in Info Source. If the deadline falls on a weekend or on a holiday, the deadline for response, extension or other action becomes the next work day. In such cases, the notice of extension must be sent before or on that next work day.
Although we make efforts to provide timely access to records, the high volume of requests our institution processes makes it impossible to determine the exact date your file will be ready.
Should you have not received a response the day after the above mentioned date, please send us an email including your file number.

I really do not know what else I can do. GCMS note is the only way I can get some detailed information about my application as CIC does not update online application status often.
Hi Sohrab,

It seems weird that you haven't received your note on time. I hope you get it soon. Sometimes it helps to know that they have been working on your application on time and have paid enough attention to it. Specially, you may learn that it has been security screening that has hold you case for this long. Anyway, I wish you the best and hope you get your notes in a couple of days.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I think medical expires. And people sometimes had to travel to Canada within 24 hrs after they got their PR stamp in passport to make the medical deadline.

Sara Joon said:
I seriously don't think they have anything new yo tell me on those notes there will be the time they ask for documents and the time they received it , there is nothing , they don't tell u when u are going to get the visa
So what's the point?i just wait and also I heard that medical don't expires, how true it is, I have no idea

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
I think medical expires. And people sometimes had to travel to Canada within 24 hrs after they got their PR stamp in passport to make the medical deadline.

My friends brother had to wait 2 years and they didn't ask for re medical, and it's only last year that he got his visa

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Oh I see. Was he stuck at security screening for 2 years?

Sara Joon said:
My friends brother had to wait 2 years and they didn't ask for re medical, and it's only last year that he got his visa

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
Oh I see. Was he stuck at security screening for 2 years?
I have no idea but I will ask next time I talk to him, another week is almost over and still no news

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi All,

I'm May 15th applicant and I still have no news. Medical has already expired.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
SMirio said:
Hi All,

Hey
Don't worry about it , if he has to do another medical, they will let you know. Lots of time they don't ask for it, I hope you and all of us get a good news soon. By the way I always forget who is from where, can you please update your status! That would be great, ❤

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi,

Are you contacting a MP or a lawyer?

SMirio said:
Hi All,

mehdisk

Mar 31, 2017
Iran
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
29-5-2016
Doc's Request.
27-9-2016 : IMM5562
AOR Received.
01-6-2016
File Transfer...
28-7-2016 start process 10-08-2016
Med's Request
Generated Upfront 13-4-2016
Interview........
15-11-2016
strength2 said:
We are 10 now all together waiting for Ankara. 8 husband and 2 wife cases. Can you please all fill the dates under your profile and complete your profile

Mehdisk
Smirio
Manitobagirl
Ahmelina
Strength2
Sara Joon
Khosro
Hoss 68 (he is April applicant I found on Applyabroad Persian blog)
Mona Momeni (wife case)
Sohrabshabani (wife case)
Hi strength2.

I don't know how add these details to my profile.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi,

Click on the profile tab on top of the page then go to Forum profile information (top left) and enter the dates.

mehdisk said:
Hi strength2.

I don't know how add these details to my profile.

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Sarajoon,

I'm Persian from Vancouver BC. My husband is Iranian living in Iran.

Thanks for your positive output. I really hope all of us receive an end to this stressful waiting.

Dear Strength, No I'm not reaching out to to MP because MP can never do anything apart from finding out at which stage the application is stuck. We already received three responds saying that file is under security screening. We just have to wait. Do you know if MP can do anything else?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi Smirio,

My MP got a reply that Re- medical – I was told that either the medical will need to be redone or an extension will be granted; a letter will be sent out from CIC once that is known.

I am not sure MP can do something right away but it definitely helps if diff MP/lawyers contact Ankara for the same issue plus MPs may talk about this problem in the parliaments and even if it does not help our batch it will help in the future.

plus Ankara can give visitor visa if security check will take for ever I am asking my MP to talk about that to them.

SMirio said:
Hi Sarajoon,

I'm Persian from Vancouver BC. My husband is Iranian living in Iran.

Thanks for your positive output. I really hope all of us receive an end to this stressful waiting.

Dear Strength, No I'm not reaching out to to MP because MP can never do anything apart from finding out at which stage the application is stuck. We already received three responds saying that file is under security screening. We just have to wait. Do you know if MP can do anything else?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
It is May 1st today and this will be the 12th waiting month for Smirio, Ahmelina, Sara joon and myself :(. This is while 3 of us have passed the Iranian normal processing time of 8 months 3 months ago. I hope we will all hear something soon.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
strength2 said:
It is May 1st today and this will be the 12th waiting month for Smirio, Ahmelina, Sara joon and myself :(. This is while 3 of us have passed the Iranian normal processing time of 8 months 3 months ago. I hope we will all hear something soon.
It has to be the last month of waiting! This just can't take any longer!
Otherwise it's very unfair.