+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
distcom said:
Hello everyone,

I am wondering why this topic is quiet during the last week. Isn't there any new news on the visas? Has anybody got any update from Ankara in the last week? Are they working on the applications?
They are working on applications. I have heard from them twice myself. Once they sent me a letter asking for an additional document and once I spoke with someone who actually processes visas.

It looks like they are currently working on March/April applications.

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Thanks Mrs. Asag,

You gave me some news :) Hopefully they would process the applications quick :)
I was wondering why during the last 10 days there has been only one visa issued (at least based on the news I have).

mis.mara

Oct 4, 2013
hi everyone, as you remember i submit passport on 23 october since then i have not hear anything, my husband does not live in turkey so we send by curier. today i check the stutes of my application and its says desidion made (before it was in process). i get very nervous as i know it should say complete. any one can help meeeee ? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mis.mara said:
hi everyone, as you remember i submit passport on 23 october since then i have not hear anything, my husband does not live in turkey so we send by curier. today i check the stutes of my application and its says desidion made (before it was in process). i get very nervous as i know it should say complete. any one can help meeeee ? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
It does take longer if you don't submit your passport in person.

I wouldn't worry. If they've asked for a passport and it says decision made, he's probably approved for PR visa :)

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member and happy to find this forum. I live in Canada and have sponsored my wife. My application has been sent to Ankara VO about 4 months ago and I have not heard anything since then. Would someone please kindly reply and let me know, on average, how long does it take, after applying for spouse sponsorship visa, to hear from them or get PR visa. What is the proper communication channel with Ankara VO to follow up on my application status (i.e. by email, phone, or mail).

I greatly appreciate your reply and feedback.

I wish all of us hear the good news soon.

Best regards,

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.Asag said:
They are working on applications. I have heard from them twice myself. Once they sent me a letter asking for an additional document and once I spoke with someone who actually processes visas.

It looks like they are currently working on March/April applications.
Hi Mrs.Asag
I am sure that you will have the good news quite soon!
May I ask about what sort of additional document did they asked you for. Of course I do not want to be inquisitive, just want to know that if there is anything necessary that I also must have provided.
Thank you in advance.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehrdad said:
Hi Mrs.Asag
I am sure that you will have the good news quite soon!
May I ask about what sort of additional document did they asked you for. Of course I do not want to be inquisitive, just want to know that if there is anything necessary that I also must have provided.
Thank you in advance.
Well he needed to send a Canadian Police Clearance because he lives in Canada.

I wish I had known that initially (I got very angry with out lawyer because his assistant helped gather the documents and missed this) but it should only set us back about 2 weeks. I am not too worried about that.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhb007 said:
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member and happy to find this forum. I live in Canada and have sponsored my wife. My application has been sent to Ankara VO about 4 months ago and I have not heard anything since then. Would someone please kindly reply and let me know, on average, how long does it take, after applying for spouse sponsorship visa, to hear from them or get PR visa. What is the proper communication channel with Ankara VO to follow up on my application status (i.e. by email, phone, or mail).

Best regards,
Hi, and welcome!

Here are the timelines. Feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet. Online it says it's an average of 16 months for approval but many people receive their visas in less time.

Ankara Visa Office Timeline spreadsheet http://goo.gl/WBjGFi
Dynamic Charts http://goo.gl/juVzLQ
Add or Edit your Data In spreadsheet http://goo.gl/byjUfI

mis.mara

Oct 4, 2013
no he does not live in canada. as i read it is final stage when it says decision made. so probably in couple days he will receive passport. as i search after when he will arrive in canada file will show completely.am i right?

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.Asag said:
Well he needed to send a Canadian Police Clearance because he lives in Canada.

I wish I had known that initially (I got very angry with out lawyer because his assistant helped gather the documents and missed this) but it should only set us back about 2 weeks. I am not too worried about that.
Oh! My wife and I filed the application ourselves. We did not observe anything about Canadian police clearance in the whole the forms and application guides. It sounds weird to me that they have asked you for this... The only clearance that was requested was the Iranian clearance which I submitted. However, before submitting the application we checked them entirely with two professional lawyers and they assured us that everything was perfect with our file and nothing was missing. I think that maybe it is a new trend in the process, requiring a clearance from Canadian Police!!!

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhb007 said:
Hello everyone,

Best regards,
Greetings!
Besides the addresses that Mrs.Asag addressed, I may add that you can communicate with Ankara visa office by phone, Email, mail, fax, and in person ,but on the official website of the embassy it is mentioned that no questions will be answered regarding application status and the duration of the process, and only in case of an address change you may contact the embassy.
Regards.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
Oh! My wife and I filed the application ourselves. We did not observe anything about Canadian police clearance in the whole the forms and application guides. It sounds weird to me that they have asked you for this... The only clearance that was requested was the Iranian clearance which I submitted. However, before submitting the application we checked them entirely with two professional lawyers and they assured us that everything was perfect with our file and nothing was missing. I think that maybe it is a new trend in the process, requiring a clearance from Canadian Police!!!
I dont know, our lawyer wouldn't submit our application in until i got federal clearance from RCMP. That involved going to a special office to give away my fingerprints, height,weight,picture and etc. Two weeks later they sent me the clearance that we attached to the file.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Hi everyone!

Lots of discussions but nothing yet from embassy as I can read from thıs thread! Mrs Asag, besides from them wanting police clearance, have you heard about anything else from them??? Ankara is 6 hours from where I am and in less than a week I will head back home :((((( time has passed soooo fast....We are so close yet so far, please keep me posted as I am sure to do the same. I have been checking everyday and stıll nothing...

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehrdad said:
Does your wife live with you in Canada?

My husband lives here in Canada... if you live anywhere for more than 6 months (in the past 10 years I believe), you require a clearance from that country was what I was told.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
Hi everyone!

Lots of discussions but nothing yet from embassy as I can read from thıs thread! Mrs Asag, besides from them wanting police clearance, have you heard about anything else from them??? Ankara is 6 hours from where I am and in less than a week I will head back home :((((( time has passed soooo fast....We are so close yet so far, please keep me posted as I am sure to do the same. I have been checking everyday and stıll nothing...
Well my hubby spoke with someone that works at the embassy ( a friend of a friend). They just ensured us that was all we were missing and once we got the clearance to them, they would begin processing our application. I think that is fairly good news! You're next missy!!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!