+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abe1004 said:
Honestly, Mrs Asag, I think thats such a poor excuse on their part. We both know, that beaurocracy is a disease of democratic society, one that has not left Canada untouched. I dont think number of officers should really affect time, like I said, if officials wanted to learn, maybe they should take EU countries in consideration and watch how generally,across the board Germany approves/rejects application within 30 days.

If Germans could, I dont know why Canadians cant. And I am sure as hell you know, theres quite a few people wanting to come to Germany. I am not being a downer, I am just ridiculing the whole process :)

I guess whats frustrating to me, is that these officials have to realise, the process has to be shortened down, they can't expect people to sit somewhere and wait for 16 months without moving on with their lives.

And its impossible to move on with your life because your significant other is across the world, you cant get a career going because you may be leaving and etc. This is unfair towards people.

No haha, I am not. I bet you feel the same though :)
Good point, but being optimistic will make the process of waiting a lot less stressful! I am not in your shoes as my husband is here with me in Canada but we are optimistic everyday that he will get the email from Ankara to get his PR status. Yes, we've waited for what seems like eternity but in the end it will be worth it. If i focus on the negative of this stupid process, I will make myself sick and not be able to focus on the daily.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
Mrs Asag!!

Have you heard anything on your part....since we should be next, crossing my fingers...have been checking everyday, my obsession starting again )))
Hope we hear good news before my vacation finishes.....
I am hoping everyday that I hear something!!

I know! We are the next ones to say, we got the email!!! It is so exciting!

When are you leaving Turkey? I hope you hear something while you are there! It would be like a good luck trip :) So exciting to share that experience with your husband!!!!

farnazzz

Jul 18, 2013
Here, it is what it is!

If you want to live here get use to it! and the funny part is, they think the are PERFECT and we are some uncivilized people!!!

You have no idea what you will deal when you will be here!!!!!

Abe1004 said:
What I have noticed, is that some visa offices issue PPR within fist 2-3 months of the application being submitted. I mean maybe I am wrong,but I think thats quite double-standarded.(pardon me for that not being a word). Some offices take 7-8 or even 6 in timeline (in actuality 2) or say 22 but take only 3-4.

I mean why the hell should we wait longer or get it done faster than other offices,or why should others have it faster/longer than us?

I am not being selfish,by asking this, I am just trying to understand the imbalance in processing between offices, especially assuming that there is not as many requests for visa etc from our office it STILL TAKES 9-10 months from what I have observed. This is plainly ridiculous, I know its only been couple of month,I know there has been a strike, but I have been separated from my spouse for almost a year now and I am sure you guys can relate. I mean this causes all sorts of moral,physical,mental and economic strain on a couple.

Same process takes 20-30 days to EU while it takes 16 months (I know its not exact,but thats CIC timeline) for Ankara embassy to process our application. Shame really and I have no idea why it is that way .

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
farnazzz said:
Here, it is what it is!

If you want to live here get use to it! and the funny part is, they think the are PERFECT and we are some uncivilized people!!!

You have no idea what you will deal when you will be here!!!!!
What in a Gods name are YOU talking about?

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I guess this is sort of good news ;D

Ankara just requested we need to send them a police clearance (which we have already done so).

In spite of this, this is good because they must be working on our application :D :D :D

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Mrs.Asag said:

Ankara just requested we need to send them a police clearance (which we have already done so).

In spite of this, this is good because they must be working on our application :D :D :D
Congrats Mrs Asag, I hope they move along on yours fast. Could you clarify whether they wanted canadian or turkish one?

thank you so much

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.Asag said:

Congratulations in advance! ;)

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abe1004 said:
Congrats Mrs Asag, I hope they move along on yours fast. Could you clarify whether they wanted canadian or turkish one?

thank you so much
So they want both Turkish (which we sent) and Canadian because he lives in Canada.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone else get an email from Ankara to send additional documents? If so, how long was it from when you sent the documents until you got a call for an interview/to send in your passport?

termehd

Oct 24, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
12-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
16-09-2013
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
Hi everyone,
I have just mailed out the paperwork on Oct 21 and is already delivered to CIC in Mississauga on Oct 23. Very fresh! :D
I thought I just say hello and and wish everyone good luck, including myself and my husband :) This is such a great forum.

And now going back to waiting phase! ;D

lhb007

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-07-2013
Hello everyone,

I have sponsored my wife and our application file was sent to Ankara VO office about three months ago. I have not heard anything from them since then? Would you please let me know on average how long would it take for them to process family sponsorship application. How can I follow up on our case status?

I appreciate your help and feedback.

Good luck to you all

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhb007 said:
Hello everyone,

I have sponsored my wife and our application file was sent to Ankara VO office about three months ago. I have not heard anything from them since then? Would you please let me know on average how long would it take for them to process family sponsorship application. How can I follow up on our case status?

I appreciate your help and feedback.

Good luck to you all
Hi. My application also was sent to Ankara exactly three months ago. Right now you should wait and wait and wait till you receive any letter from Ankara. Your e-status might also change in CIC website from "Application Received" to "In Process". To have a rough estimate of time period you can check out the spreadsheet in following link to see how long it has taken for others at any stage.

Ankara Visa Office Timeline spreadsheet http://goo.gl/WBjGFi
Dynamic Charts http://goo.gl/juVzLQ
Add or Edit your Data In spreadsheet http://goo.gl/byjUfI

Wish you the best!

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
termehd said:
Hi everyone,
I have just mailed out the paperwork on Oct 21 and is already delivered to CIC in Mississauga on Oct 23. Very fresh! :D
I thought I just say hello and and wish everyone good luck, including myself and my husband :) This is such a great forum.

And now going back to waiting phase! ;D
Hello!
Welcome to the club of waiting. Wish you an infinite patience :d
Good luck to you!

termehd

Oct 24, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
12-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
16-09-2013
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
Mehrdad said:
Hello!
Welcome to the club of waiting. Wish you an infinite patience :d
Good luck to you!
Thanks so much Mehrdad :) I checked the spreadsheet and it doesn't seem like any of the recent files took that long (16 months ) as it mentions on the CIC site :D which is a great thing!

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am wondering why this topic is quiet during the last week. Isn't there any new news on the visas? Has anybody got any update from Ankara in the last week? Are they working on the applications?