+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
che bad :( i wish these background checks werent so long!
thanks for your reply Mehdi
mehdiR said:
As a Canadian citizen u are allowed to walk in there , however they would just tell u that they are awaiting background checks . that's all :mad:

alish

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
no I am in Canada
and yes I do have my notes but thats all i know.. relationship, medicals and criminal checks are passed and they are working on background checks thats it.. i wish we knew when they would issue the ppr through the notes ..
are you planning on ordering your notes? whats your timeline?

n_zo said:
Alish If you have already have your GCMS note and it mentioned that you have passed, so you don't have to be worry. unfortunately I do not have my GCMS note , and I do not know whether they have passed mine or no. Are you in Ankara?

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
alish said:
no I am in Canada
and yes I do have my notes but thats all i know.. relationship, medicals and criminal checks are passed and they are working on background checks thats it.. i wish we knew when they would issue the ppr through the notes ..
are you planning on ordering your notes? whats your timeline?
I filed my application on 21st of oct 2011. and they have accepted my sponsorship on 8th of Jan2012, since then I am just waiting and waiting. I really do not know what are they doing. I heard about GCMS notes herem I didn't know that there is such a note. how did you apply for that?

alish

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
oh wow thats a long time!!!
can i ask you where is your spouse from that you are sponsoring??? maybe background checks are the thing that is keeping your file ....
the gcms notes are pretty good, at least u can assure yourself that they have opened your file and there has been some activity ....
this is the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

its pretty easy if you need more help i can inbox you the instructions..

good luck
n_zo said:
I filed my application on 21st of oct 2011. and they have accepted my sponsorship on 8th of Jan2012, since then I am just waiting and waiting. I really do not know what are they doing. I heard about GCMS notes herem I didn't know that there is such a note. how did you apply for that?

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
yes it's been a long time, my spouse and I are from Iran, I don't think there is any problem ,cause on 18th of July 2012 they have asked for landing fee, so if there was any problem, I think they won't ask that from us. I think they have put our file some where in the office and forget about it :)) thanks for the given link, I have tried it, but I don't know whether I have to make a request for access to information act or make a request fro privacy act, how long does it take to release the GCMS note? Thanks for your help

alish

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
It usually takes 30 days to get the notes back.. I have sent you step by step instructions in your inbox for the notes..
Hope that helps you ..
And hopefully in the new year we will all hear some good news :)

n_zo said:
yes it's been a long time, my spouse and I are from Iran, I don't think there is any problem ,cause on 18th of July 2012 they have asked for landing fee, so if there was any problem, I think they won't ask that from us. I think they have put our file some where in the office and forget about it :)) thanks for the given link, I have tried it, but I don't know whether I have to make a request for access to information act or make a request fro privacy act, how long does it take to release the GCMS note? Thanks for your help

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alish said:
It usually takes 30 days to get the notes back.. I have sent you step by step instructions in your inbox for the notes..
Hope that helps you ..
And hopefully in the new year we will all hear some good news :)
check yr inbox bro

alish

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
Thank you mehdi... I replied to you as well..
good luck
mehdiR said:
check yr inbox bro

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I have finally started the long process through Ankara, my wife being from Iran. We're still in phase 1, waiting for me to get aproved. I really hope that the 16 months waittime from Ankara is cut down and maybe some applications are sent to Warsaw or another VO with a shorter waitime.
Good luck everyone.

sndss

Dec 26, 2012
Hi everyone. I am a newbee. So happy to see that everyone is sharing info and trying to help each other. Here is my situation: I and my husband are both Turkish, we married in Turkey and he is back in Canada now working but I am still in Turkey waiting.. :(
Our timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on August 17, 2012.
We started processing your application on October 23, 2012.
Medical results have been received.

On October 31, 2012 Ankara office sent us a request e-mail wanting the Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee. On the same day, my husband paid the fee and sent the receipt to Mississauga. We are still waiting but there is something confusing us in that request letter. At the beginning of the letter there was this notification:

"Dear Sir / Madam,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Following the closure of the Immigration Section in Damascus, your application is now being processed in Ankara. In order to complete the processing of your application, you must do the following within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. "

But we sent our application from Turkey and this notification makes us think that there must be a confusion about the area that our app falls in. What do you say? Or can this be a general notification written in every e-mail sent by Ankara office after the transfers from Damascus? We sent an e-mail asking if there is a confusion but still didnt get an answer yet.

Any ideas about this ? Is there anyone who sent app from Turkey and got this kind of notification in their correspondence? Please feel free to share your ideas.
Thanks in advance.

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
sndss said:
Hi everyone. I am a newbee. So happy to see that everyone is sharing info and trying to help each other. Here is my situation: I and my husband are both Turkish, we married in Turkey and he is back in Canada now working but I am still in Turkey waiting.. :(
Our timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on August 17, 2012.
We started processing your application on October 23, 2012.
Medical results have been received.

On October 31, 2012 Ankara office sent us a request e-mail wanting the Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee. On the same day, my husband paid the fee and sent the receipt to Mississauga. We are still waiting but there is something confusing us in that request letter. At the beginning of the letter there was this notification:

"Dear Sir / Madam,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Following the closure of the Immigration Section in Damascus, your application is now being processed in Ankara. In order to complete the processing of your application, you must do the following within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. "

But we sent our application from Turkey and this notification makes us think that there must be a confusion about the area that our app falls in. What do you say? Or can this be a general notification written in every e-mail sent by Ankara office after the transfers from Damascus? We sent an e-mail asking if there is a confusion but still didnt get an answer yet.

Any ideas about this ? Is there anyone who sent app from Turkey and got this kind of notification in their correspondence? Please feel free to share your ideas.
Thanks in advance.
Dear sndss
welcome,
I have received exactly the same letter from them, this is a general notification that they send it to every one. wow, your process has been done so quickley, I have received this letter after 7 months. hope every thing be fine, and you will be in canada soon

sndss

Dec 26, 2012
dear n_zo,

thank you for your reply and good wishes. did you also apply from turkey? are you turkish?

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
sndss said:
dear n_zo,

thank you for your reply and good wishes. did you also apply from turkey? are you turkish?
You will quickly discover that most people dealing with Ankara VO are Iranians, but you'll also meet a few from other countries: Georgia, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan. Actually, there are not a lot of Turks on this forum.

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
sndss said:
dear n_zo,

Dear sndss
I am from Iran, but I think they send this Email to all applicants

alish

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
Hi, I am Iranian but I never recieved this letter from them? ??? ???
n_zo said:
Dear sndss
I am from Iran, but I think they send this Email to all applicants