+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Abe1004 said:
Am I the only one, who can't figure out for to save my life, how to do the GCMS notes?

This is so confusing. If someone has a step by step on how to do it written out, I would muchly appreciate it, because that video sucks lol.
Hi Abe1004, if your wife can do this it might be easier (she is sponsoring you right?) Otherwise I suggest you fill it out "as her" (as if she were the one making the request) as it must be made by a person within Canada (or citizen, or PR or person with an address in Canada) this is how I did it:

First, you will need to to fill out, print, sign and then scan this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

Next, go to this site: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en and scroll down to the bottom (accept the info, click the box and press continue)

On the next page select Citizenship and Immigration Canada as the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request.

Basically, for everything else on this page you will fill out your sponsor (wife's) info. You can put your email address though at the bottom if it's easier.

When answering: Are you requesting information on your own behalf? choose NO
When answering: Are you requesting information concerning a deceased individual? choose NO
When answering: Select the category that best describes you: Choose Member of the Public
When answering: How would you prefer to receive the requested records? Choose E-mail

Okay, next page

When answering: Please select the Act to which you are submitting the request: choose Access to Information
When answering: What type of records do you wish to request? choose Case Files
All the next info will be YOUR information (person being sponsored). So fill out your name, DOB, etc. You can leave the Client Number blank, it's okay. You can fill in your File number below.
When answering: What type of information you would like to request? choose Electronic Files
When answering: File Type: choose Immigration - Outside of Canada
Type in YOUR File Number (starting with F) and Location: Ankara

Okay, next page

Now upload that IMM 5744 form you filled out, signed and scanned.

Click continue

Next page, review everything. Read and agree to the terms and click the box. I think at this point it's when you put in the credit card info, etc.

I hope this helps. Turkey2013 please check to confirm as I also know you have ordered notes before, haha. Thanks! ;)

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Abe1004 said:
Am I the only one, who can't figure out for to save my life, how to do the GCMS notes?

This is so confusing. If someone has a step by step on how to do it written out, I would muchly appreciate it, because that video sucks lol.
Abe1004, What kind of help to you need, you mean from the start and which video did you look to help you figure it out?? I will help you since I ordered it two times. The video I followed was easy and not confusing...let me know, I will help you.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
SooMazi said:
Hi Abe1004, if your wife can do this it might be easier (she is sponsoring you right?) Otherwise I suggest you fill it out "as her" (as if she were the one making the request) as it must be made by a person within Canada (or citizen, or PR or person with an address in Canada) this is how I did it:

First, you will need to to fill out, print, sign and then scan this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

Next, go to this site: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en and scroll down to the bottom (accept the info, click the box and press continue)

On the next page select Citizenship and Immigration Canada as the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request.

Basically, for everything else on this page you will fill out your sponsor (wife's) info. You can put your email address though at the bottom if it's easier.

When answering: Are you requesting information on your own behalf? choose NO
When answering: Are you requesting information concerning a deceased individual? choose NO
When answering: Select the category that best describes you: Choose Member of the Public
When answering: How would you prefer to receive the requested records? Choose E-mail

Okay, next page

When answering: Please select the Act to which you are submitting the request: choose Access to Information
When answering: What type of records do you wish to request? choose Case Files
All the next info will be YOUR information (person being sponsored). So fill out your name, DOB, etc. You can leave the Client Number blank, it's okay. You can fill in your File number below.
When answering: What type of information you would like to request? choose Electronic Files
When answering: File Type: choose Immigration - Outside of Canada
Type in YOUR File Number (starting with F) and Location: Ankara

Okay, next page

Now upload that IMM 5744 form you filled out, signed and scanned.

Click continue

Next page, review everything. Read and agree to the terms and click the box. I think at this point it's when you put in the credit card info, etc.

I hope this helps. Turkey2013 please check to confirm as I also know you have ordered notes before, haha. Thanks! ;)

++++1 Excellent approved by me hahahah

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
Does anyone know how long it may set back an application if someone changes their address??
Hmm...don't quote me on this, but I don't think it would set back your application. I know they made a mistake on my husband's address on Ecas (he has a separate mailing address from his residential address and they put it backwards) and we notified Ankara through the "Specific Case Inquiry" site/form. Probably a week or so after we noticed that they updated Ecas with the changes (this was back towards the end of September). My husband is actually getting ready to move so once everything is finalised we should probably notify them also. Again, his mailing address is going to stay the same (using his office as it's more reliable to get mail) but changing his residential one.

Honestly, I think NOT notifying them could cause a delay (if for some random reason they decided to regular post things out rather than e-mail).

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
Does anyone know how long it may set back an application if someone changes their address??
I don't think there is a set back when you change your address, it is the opposite, it is when you DON'T notify them and they try to send you things and its returned because you haven't advise them ;)

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
SooMazi said:
Hmm...don't quote me on this, but I don't think it would set back your application. I know they made a mistake on my husband's address on Ecas (he has a separate mailing address from his residential address and they put it backwards) and we notified Ankara through the "Specific Case Inquiry" site/form. Probably a week or so after we noticed that they updated Ecas with the changes (this was back towards the end of September). My husband is actually getting ready to move so once everything is finalised we should probably notify them also. Again, his mailing address is going to stay the same (using his office as it's more reliable to get mail) but changing his residential one.

Honestly, I think NOT notifying them could cause a delay (if for some random reason they decided to regular post things out rather than e-mail).
SooMazi are you reading my mind LOLLLLLLL this is too funny :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Turkey2013 said:
++++1 Excellent approved by me hahahah
Seal of approval = awesome! :D

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
I don't think there is a set back when you change your address, it is the opposite, it is when you DON'T notify them and they try to send you things and its returned because you haven't advise them ;)
Well.. my husband may be going back to Turkey :'( His family needs him back home and we can't wait for this stupid visa anymore. So I am just wondering what kind of set backs there will be if he goes back.

Also on the consent for an access to info form...what is your designated individual? Is that my husband? LOL

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
Well.. my husband may be going back to Turkey :'( His family needs him back home and we can't wait for this stupid visa anymore. So I am just wondering what kind of set backs there will be if he goes back.

Also on the consent for an access to info form...what is your designated individual? Is that my husband? LOL
Ohhhh...hmm, that's a different situation then. I would wait until he 100% went back and was LIVING there before notifying them. Because who knows what could happen! PPR email could come next week!

The consent form is basically filled out by the person being sponsored. So it's all your husband's info and YOU would be the designated person. I think. Wait, Turkey2013 will answer in a mo and we can have another jinx moment. :p

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
Ohhhh...hmm, that's a different situation then. I would wait until he 100% went back and was LIVING there before notifying them. Because who knows what could happen! PPR email could come next week!

The consent form is basically filled out by the person being sponsored. So it's all your husband's info and YOU would be the designated person. I think. Wait, Turkey2013 will answer in a mo and we can have another jinx moment. :p
Ya, I am not sure if I should change it or not, but when he leaves Canada - he wouldn't be in status anymore so I am not sure :(

Off to the lawyers office we go I guess LOL

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
SooMazi said:

Here I am again and Yes designated person is Mrs Asag ;)))) You are too good SooMazi!!!

Mrs.Asag said:
Ya, I am not sure if I should change it or not, but when he leaves Canada - he wouldn't be in status anymore so I am not sure :(

Off to the lawyers office we go I guess LOL
Ok now I am not a lawyer, but since the apps is still in process HE CANNOT LEAVE, I hope some seniors like Galip would answer you too...I am trying to find the link for it, give me a couple of minutes and I will! For the changing address, I assumed it was a change that was made in Canada (like from one place to another in Canada), never thought it was Turkey...since he is with you in Canada, your apps is inland NOT ouland , confirm it please???

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
Here I am again and Yes designated person is Mrs Asag ;)))) You are too good SooMazi!!!

Ok now I am not a lawyer, but since the apps is still in process HE CANNOT LEAVE, I hope some seniors like Galip would answer you too...I am trying to find the link for it, give me a couple of minutes and I will! For the changing address, I assumed it was a change that was made in Canada (like from one place to another in Canada), never thought it was Turkey...since he is with you in Canada, your apps is inland NOT ouland , confirm it please???
No, no. His application IS out-land. In-land is too long of a wait so we applied out-land and were going to go to Turkey together to get his visa. BUT his father is having a MAJOR surgery and he needs to be there for it... so we are going to the lawyer today to see the implications. Unfortunately, I don't think senior members can help my case... only consultants/lawyers... we are such a tough case LOL so complex.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
No, no. His application IS out-land. In-land is too long of a wait so we applied out-land and were going to go to Turkey together to get his visa. BUT his father is having a MAJOR surgery and he needs to be there for it... so we are going to the lawyer today to see the implications. Unfortunately, I don't think senior members can help my case... only consultants/lawyers... we are such a tough case LOL so complex.
Yeah salak me, I just read it sorry for the stupid question....with all the implication of your file and you have already hired a lawyer for your apps, better off asking him or her...let us know if you don't mind sharing info ;), hope hubby's father surgery goes well. :(

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
Yeah salak me, I just read it sorry for the stupid question....with all the implication of your file and you have already hired a lawyer for your apps, better off asking him or her...let us know if you don't mind sharing info ;), hope hubby's father surgery goes well. :(
Inshallah! He is really sick... (blockages) which is why hubby wants to be there. It could go badly :(

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Sorry to hear about your father-in-law Mrs.Asag. :( Sending you positive thoughts, energy and prayers.