+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel so sad for those who don't have their spouses with them :(

I am so lucky to have my husband here but it hurts watching him talk to his family and how much he misses them and wants to see them :(

But if he goes back, he may not be able to enter again until he gets his PR and is so not a risk he is willing to take.

Vanman

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
SooMazi said:
Vanman, thank you very much for offering your advice and sharing your experience with me. I think my main concern is whether or not to utilize the "Case Specific Inquiry" form and attach additional evidence to support our relationship (and indicate it is continuing) when an immigration/visa officer has not asked for it. I may be reading far too much into the psyche of an immigration officer here, but I worry that if I send the additional docs they will "flag" or question my file, thinking: "Why did they send this now? What are they trying to prove/cover up here." At any case, we'll need to use this Case Specific Inquiry form in the next month or two when my husband changes his place of residence.

I definitely understand that each relationship is different and therefore the documents needed to satisfy the immigration officer would differ as well. When we first put the application together I was happy with the amount of evidence we gave. I suppose with this waiting I've got myself into quite a state critiquing our file and kicking myself for not including some facebook messages/IMs. Granted these docs wouldn't tell a whole lot, but I don't think they would have hurt anything had I included them in my file in the beginning. Question is, would it hurt to include them now? I though of calling the CIC Call Centre but I doubt they would be helpful with this situation and probably direct me to call Ankara.
Hi Soomazi,

I really can't advise you based on anything from my own specific experience or knowledge ...all I can say is I feel more is better in terms of evidence to support your ongoing relationship. You may want to talk to a GOOD immigration consultant as they have a great deal more experience than I do, generally speaking. I really don't believe that if you added additional supporting information, such as chat logs, etc. at this time, that this would negatively affect your application ...on the contrary I believe it could only help.

We completely understand the fact that you are questioning yourself ...this waiting thing can do that to us! Too much time on our hands and all we think about is our loved ones and our application and we constantly review the whole application in our own minds ...hehe...it's a form of self torture.... ;-)

I think it's likely that you've got a very strong case and you needn't worry but I also think that the more supporting documentation they have the better your case will be.

Best of luck to you both!

My wife has her visa in hand and her flight is booked for October 11 ....I wake up at night dreaming about her laying beside me ...it's killing me too ...I feel your pain!!!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Vanman said:
Hi Soomazi,

I really can't advise you based on anything from my own specific experience or knowledge ...all I can say is I feel more is better in terms of evidence to support your ongoing relationship. You may want to talk to a GOOD immigration consultant as they have a great deal more experience than I do, generally speaking. I really don't believe that if you added additional supporting information, such as chat logs, etc. at this time, that this would negatively affect your application ...on the contrary I believe it could only help.

We completely understand the fact that you are questioning yourself ...this waiting thing can do that to us! Too much time on our hands and all we think about is our loved ones and our application and we constantly review the whole application in our own minds ...hehe...it's a form of self torture.... ;-)

I think it's likely that you've got a very strong case and you needn't worry but I also think that the more supporting documentation they have the better your case will be.

Best of luck to you both!

My wife has her visa in hand and her flight is booked for October 11 ....I wake up at night dreaming about her laying beside me ...it's killing me too ...I feel your pain!!!
Thanks Vanman. I think all of us can only hope our process goes as quickly and straight forward as yours was! And congrats again on our quick timeline; now you can start your countdown to when your wife arrives!

I actually contacted the CIC Call Centre about my question and the representative I spoke with was quite helpful. She explained that as long as all the relevant documents (as listed on the check list) were included as well as supporting docs, there is no need to send anything further to the visa office unless it is requested. She said generally speaking that the officers take the application as a 'completed' file and work off of that, and advised me that although I may think extra chat logs are beneficial, the visa officer may find they have enough information to make their decision. But, she suggested that any extra docs/evidence we come across be put together in an envelope or an electronic file in the event that the officer does request more info so we can send it out right away without delay.

So I'm going to try and bring back my "positive" mindset that I had at the beginning of our timeline and feel confident in our file. :)

Vanman

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
SooMazi said:
Thanks Vanman. I think all of us can only hope our process goes as quickly and straight forward as yours was! And congrats again on our quick timeline; now you can start your countdown to when your wife arrives!

I actually contacted the CIC Call Centre about my question and the representative I spoke with was quite helpful. She explained that as long as all the relevant documents (as listed on the check list) were included as well as supporting docs, there is no need to send anything further to the visa office unless it is requested. She said generally speaking that the officers take the application as a 'completed' file and work off of that, and advised me that although I may think extra chat logs are beneficial, the visa officer may find they have enough information to make their decision. But, she suggested that any extra docs/evidence we come across be put together in an envelope or an electronic file in the event that the officer does request more info so we can send it out right away without delay.

So I'm going to try and bring back my "positive" mindset that I had at the beginning of our timeline and feel confident in our file. :)
That's GREAT ...that is the best thing you could have hoped for ... actually getting the correct information "straight from the horse's mouth"!

It's soo much better than relying on speculation from people like myself who can only "guess".

Best Wishes!

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed the Embassy just to see where things are at and if they are still processing during the strike.

This was the reply:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

The Visa Section in Ankara is currently being affected by strike action. We process the files but our processing time will be longer than usual.

For more information: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-06-11.asp"

Very vague, but at least it is something.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Thanks for the information! We already knew that didn't we??? But just like you said, at least they are answering...I just feel like selling my house and moving to Turkey... :'(

Mrs.Asag said:
I emailed the Embassy just to see where things are at and if they are still processing during the strike.

This was the reply:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

The Visa Section in Ankara is currently being affected by strike action. We process the files but our processing time will be longer than usual.

For more information: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-06-11.asp"

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
Thanks for the information! We already knew that didn't we??? But just like you said, at least they are answering...I just feel like selling my house and moving to Turkey... :'(
Sounds like a good idea to me! :) It is SO beautiful there I am beginnig to wonder why we want to be here!!!

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
i now its very hard to wait but you have to be patient.
your timeline is normal. visa offices always work like this. after 2-3 month always you can see a new update in your application.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lboxixodl said:
i now its very hard to wait but you have to be patient.
your timeline is normal. visa offices always work like this. after 2-3 month always you can see a new update in your application.
I haven't seen an update in 5 months.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
I haven't seen an update in 5 months.
My understanding is you may not hear for another 7-8 or even 9-10 months. So i would be patient.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Abe1004 said:
My understanding is you may not hear for another 7-8 or even 9-10 months. So i would be patient.
I know it's not anyones fault and I really really don't want to be rude, but PLEASE PLEASE don't tell us to be patient, when we are more than patient, comprehensive, tolerant...when our lives are put on hold, and our money is spent on travelling to see the person that we love, instead of keeping that money to build it with them.....I KNOW that we are in the same situation more or less, and I know that you guys are trying to help, but stating what we already know does NOT ease the pain, just saying.....

Reactions: GyanLula

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Turkey2013 said:
I know it's not anyones fault and I really really don't want to be rude, but PLEASE PLEASE don't tell us to be patient, when we are more than patient, comprehensive, tolerant...when our lives are put on hold, and our money is spent on travelling to see the person that we love, instead of keeping that money to build it with them.....I KNOW that we are in the same situation more or less, and I know that you guys are trying to help, but stating what we already know does NOT ease the pain, just saying.....
Trust me I know exactly how you feel. To add to that, I am only at start of my road and I am applying via one of the slowest embassies as well. This strike is playing an evil joke on a people, me and my spouse have been separated 7 months prior to even submitting paperwork, travel is really not an option, since we have quite a few financial obligations that we would rather continue committing than travel to see each other. This process costs every couple financially,physically and morally. Its an all way draining process.

Just want you guys to stay patient and rational. Stressing yourself sick thinking why the hell you haven't gotten a respond yet, whether there will be an obstacle or not or in any other way is not going to make your life easier. Its going to make it miserable.

Cheer up and I am praying for a positive and fast outcome for every single one of you.

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Abe1004 said:
Trust me I know exactly how you feel. To add to that, I am only at start of my road and I am applying via one of the slowest embassies as well. This strike is playing an evil joke on a people, me and my spouse have been separated 7 months prior to even submitting paperwork, travel is really not an option, since we have quite a few financial obligations that we would rather continue committing than travel to see each other. This process costs every couple financially,physically and morally. Its an all way draining process.

Just want you guys to stay patient and rational. Stressing yourself sick thinking why the hell you haven't gotten a respond yet, whether there will be an obstacle or not or in any other way is not going to make your life easier. Its going to make it miserable.

Cheer up and I am praying for a positive and fast outcome for every single one of you.
I know you meant well, it is just so inhuman for us to wait this long...seems like nobody give a s****, but I guess that's how it is ::)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
I am also in the same situation. So far, it is 5 months that I am away from my beloved wife. Every time I think of her, feels like something scratches my heart, and I can't tolerate the pressure. The more I think, the more it hurts. In my opinion the best way to reduce the pain is to over occupy your time with stuff that sucks your whole energy and keeps your mind so busy not being able to think or dream about your dearest, say, your job, studying, exercising, etc. This is what I found helpful rather than being pacient.
Wish you the best...

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Mehrdad said:
I am also in the same situation. So far, it is 5 months that I am away from my beloved wife. Every time I think of her, feels like something scratches my heart, and I can't tolerate the pressure. The more I think, the more it hurts. In my opinion the best way to reduce the pain is to over occupy your time with stuff that sucks your whole energy and keeps your mind so busy not being able to think or dream about your dearest, say, your job, studying, exercising, etc. This is what I found helpful rather than being pacient.
Wish you the best...
Thank you and I know, i exercise 4 times a week, plus work, plus friends.....what is so damn hard is opening that skype and talking and talking...up to a point where you sometimes end up fighting about silly details because frustration gets in the way...but unable to resolve anything for just a little while. It would be easier if they are just next to you, to hold them and say that you are sorry, but all you end up having is that webcam...I know i should count my blessings for what I have, but I am so desperate to build my life with him and to go on without having something pending over my head that I have no control over...much appreciate everyone's help, we are all in the same situation...:(