+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

She.D

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keeponwaiting22 said:
No news:( last two days was Eid, so perhaps in August. I really thought that I'd get to see my husband this summer but with this slow processing, don't think anything will happen soon. We have to be strong and hope for the best.

Here is a link to some other visa offices spreadsheets, there hasn't been much happening in July:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApwgGzgVNdUkdF9tN1RIYU9BWmxfWFFPTkdreDB0ckE

-------
I've never tried fax, it's worth a try. Go for it, it won't hurt.
True seems not that much process in July, hope for the best in Augest, I would try fax sometime next week,

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
She.D said:
True seems not that much process in July, hope for the best in Augest, I would try fax sometime next week,
i think this is too normal..yesterday has just finished the bayram,so hope they will work a little :)

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks keeponwaiting22,

I know I'm being impatient but do you guys think after waiting over 5 months, will I be hearing some good news soon? or was this like an open ended question with millions of answers? :D

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ombra
Anything is possible! Some got theirs in 4 months and some had to wait a whole year. It depends on your case, the visa officer, how busy they are, and so many other things. Just don't lose hope because really that's all we have. I've been waiting 8 months:(

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Oh ok... so that a big range... :S You're right all we got is hope at this point...

Any way we can maybe get a lawyer to speed things up? or this is it?

I'm just trying to give myself more hope as this wait is getting a little annoying...

8 Months is a long time... Hopefully you will get some good news soon, my fingers are crossed for you!

I just hope they don't pick on my case for any reason...

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
I am following the April Outland applicants thread and I see that most CPC-Ottawa applicants got their visas already. London and Manila VO are also moving with their applications.

Ankaraaaa why so slow???!!??? Or maybe some forum members are not updating the spreadsheet??? How is it possible that applications are not moving forward... So frustrating...

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ankara is not a slow VO. Max waiting time is 14 months there, compare to Ankara it's 30 months in New York City, USA..

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
But 14 months is a long time to be away from your spouse :( Like if someone is pregnant their husband will definitely miss the born of their first baby... That's not cool...

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ombra2011 said:
But 14 months is a long time to be away from your spouse :( Like if someone is pregnant their husband will definitely miss the born of their first baby... That's not cool...
I agree 14 months is a long time. But it doesn't mean that Ankara is a slow Visa Office.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Well of course if you compare it to the worst visa office, yeah Ankara is better LOL
Btw, only complicated US citizen cases go to the New York VO, that's why it is 30 months. Standard US citizen cases are processed at CPC-Ottawa and it takes only 3-4 months.
I am worried about the processing times in Ankara because there is not much activity recently, or as I said before maybe some forum members do no update the speadsheet so we are not aware.

Galip said:
Ankara is not a slow VO. Max waiting time is 14 months there, compare to Ankara it's 30 months in New York City, USA..

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.KOR said:
Well of course if you compare it to the worst visa office, yeah Ankara is better LOL
Btw, only complicated US citizen cases go to the New York VO, that's why it is 30 months. Standard US citizen cases are processed at CPC-Ottawa and it takes only 3-4 months.
I am worried about the processing times in Ankara because there is not much activity recently, or as I said before maybe some forum members do no update the speadsheet so we are not aware.
Even if we hear of at least one person who got a response from Ankara recently, we'll know that our cases are being worked on too. But this silence is killing us. Our wedding anniversary is at the end of August and we'll have to celebrate it on skype. :'(

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.KOR said:
Well here is the official link of CIC waiting times for Spousal Applications:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

It says Ottawa CPC is 15 months not 3-4 months.

Those numbers are showing the max waiting. If I were you I would stop blaming Ankara.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
keeponwaiting22 said:
Even if we hear of at least one person who got a response from Ankara recently, we'll know that our cases are being worked on too. But this silence is killing us. Our wedding anniversary is at the end of August and we'll have to celebrate it on skype. :'(
I hope you will get the good news before your anniversary. And for sure that would be the best anniversary gift ever!!! :) You have been very patient, just hang in there for a bit more, good news will come to you soon!!

I am going to Turkey tomorrow to see my husband!! So happy! My dream is that we receive the PPR email when I am there and we return back together. That won't likely happen as we are not even at "in process" stage yet but still dreaming is good ;D

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.KOR said:
I hope you will get the good news before your anniversary. And for sure that would be the best anniversary gift ever!!! :) You have been very patient, just hang in there for a bit more, good news will come to you soon!!

I am going to Turkey tomorrow to see my husband!! So happy! My dream is that we receive the PPR email when I am there and we return back together. That won't likely happen as we are not even at "in process" stage yet but still dreaming is good ;D
Awww! I am so happy for you. And never say never, it might happen. Anything is possible.
Have fun with your husband! Bon voyage

ombra2011

Jul 14, 2014
Galip said:
I agree 14 months is a long time. But it doesn't mean that Ankara is a slow Visa Office.
Galip - I am not saying that they are slow... I'm just saying thinking that you could be apart from your spouse for 14 months is ridiculous. I thought it'd be 4-6 months Max, but now knowing that some members have been waiting for over 8 months scares me. My birthday is coming up and our anniversary is a month after that and I'd like for us to celebrate it together not over Skype.

Keeponwaiting22 & Mrs. KOR... Hope you guys hear the good news you've been waiting for soon. My fingers are crossed for you guys...

Mrs.KOR - Have a safe trip...