Med's Done....
Jan. 16 2011 and Jan 16 2012
Passport Req..
September 03 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2012
LANDED..........
September 15 2012
If I were you I would get a university offer/ student visa first then get marry and then apply in Canada as inside sponsorship, the only problem it takes longer! However it’s better than the situation right now and also you will pay more as international student! Believe me its worth it otherwise you don’t know what will happen as many of us! Good Luck though!

Immigrant_sa said:
Salam alikum brothers:

I just need your help and advice.

I'm a doctor and I got a good offer in Canada. I have PR. I'm planing to have my wedding in a month from now. My job starts on Nov 1. Now I want to sponsor my wife. My question is :

Will she better apply for visit visa or student visa? I heard that if she applies /visit student visa, she might be denied because of my status in canada.

Will she better apply before wedding as a single?

Thank you !

Khaild

iwatchtv

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Immigrant_sa said:
Salam alikum brothers:

I'm a doctor and I got a good offer in Canada. I have PR. I'm planing to have my wedding in a month from now. My job starts on Nov 1. Now I want to sponsor my wife. My question is :

Will she better apply for visit visa or student visa? I heard that if she applies /visit student visa, she might be denied because of my status in canada.

Thank you !

Khaild
I dont know if that suit you and your family but your wife can apply as a visitor and travel to Canada with you so you can get married there.
applying as a student visa takes more time because she needs to get accredited or major university acceptance first and that would take definitely more than one month, then she has to apply for student permit.
anyway, if she got the university acceptance, its more likely to get the visa than the visitor if she is applying from a middle eastern country. after that, when you're married in Canada, you can sponsor her there in Canada and it takes two years.
if you want my personal advice, dont do this. get married, then sponsor your wife to come to Canada like everybody else does. you still always can go back and visit her while the application is processing. As Amman vo is operating now, it should take less time.
third option is that u can get married. then, your wife applies for a visa (visitor or student). that happens while ur married but there is no pr application in process. if she gets the visa, she can travel and u can sponsor her in Canada as ur spouse.
good luck

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
Immigrant_sa said:
Salam alikum brothers:

Thank you !

Khaild
Salam alikum Immigrant_sa

You have many options, as for which is the best, will that is difficult to decide, every case is different.

- A visitor visa, is the shortest route to go, as the processing time is about 21 days, having said that it is also very hard to get.
- A study visa processing time is about 1 month, that is of course after you prove acceptance to an accredited school as a full time student.
- A work visa will run you about 2 months, again you have to prove it is a genuine job offer, and it will last.

- Applying after marriage (from outside canada)will put you in the same position as everyone else in this forum, processing times are will ... unknown at this point.
- Appying after marriage (from inside canada, with your wife living with you) will have you waiting over a year and a half, but most people going this route dont care much as their are living with their spouse.

As for your case, I would really advise talking to a lawyer to see what your best option is, because you are a doctor, and I assume you have a license to practice medicine here ? your income is without a doubt strong enough to support your wife.

I would have to agree with Full_of_hope, try getting your wife to Canada by either work/school visa (visitor might be hard) then marry then apply for inland sponsorship ... Sure the wait is long but you live with your wife, and you wont be depressed like the rest of use because you havent seen your wife in over a year :D

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Mr. Patient said:
hi Khalid hope your doing well. for you to get the iraqi applicant priority you will need to send your application under this case when you first send it to mississauga.
Mr. Patient, glad to see your still checking up on us here ...

How about an update ? when did your spouse land ? how is he/she adjusting to Canadian life ?
any advise for those close to getting their PR's ?

Canadian0406

May 14, 2012
So………

after being here for a summer vacation, and bugging them and harassing them LOL
my husband got accepted for a visitors visa for 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news so he can be with me for the process, but the working situation kinda sucks right now, spoke to my lawyer he said he will apply for him a work permit just for 1 year in hopes he will have his PPR within that 1 year.

In all, i asked questions for everyone who is waiting, its ramadan the embassy is working as hard as they can… but they are totally backlogged……… inshallah september they will start moving after eid.

good luck to all

Mr. Patient

Jan 24, 2012
CKnD said:
Mr. Patient, glad to see your still checking up on us here ...

How about an update ? when did your spouse land ? how is he/she adjusting to Canadian life ?
any advise for those close to getting their PR's ?
hi CKND,
she still didn't land yet but very soon she will be here. best way for iraqis you email the visa office and tell them your situation and don't give up keep emailing them. the best email i reached them at is re-amman.immigration@international.gc.ca notice there is an re- before the email. make sure you put both emails with re- and with out. again before my file reach to amman i told them this is urgent matter and they put a note on my file in mississauga office before it reached to amman. i also had evey document they requested so they don't come back and ask for more documents.

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
Canadian0406 said:
So.........

Great news so he can be with me for the process, but the working situation kinda sucks right now, spoke to my lawyer he said he will apply for him a work permit just for 1 year in hopes he will have his PPR within that 1 year.

In all, i asked questions for everyone who is waiting, its ramadan the embassy is working as hard as they can... but they are totally backlogged......... inshallah september they will start moving after eid.

good luck to all
Congratulations I wish you all the best and Inshalla everything works out smoothly!

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Mr. Patient said:
hi CKND,
she still didn't land yet but very soon she will be here. best way for iraqis you email the visa office and tell them your situation and don't give up keep emailing them. the best email i reached them at is re-amman.immigration @ international.gc.ca notice there is an re- before the email. make sure you put both emails with re- and with out. again before my file reach to amman i told them this is urgent matter and they put a note on my file in mississauga office before it reached to amman. i also had evey document they requested so they don't come back and ask for more documents.
Thanks for the info ... Inshallah we will get some answers soon

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Canadian0406 said:
So.........

In all, i asked questions for everyone who is waiting, its ramadan the embassy is working as hard as they can... but they are totally backlogged......... inshallah september they will start moving after eid.

good luck to all
WOW 3 years ... so he got a 3 year visitor visa to Canada ?. I thought the maximum was only 6 months ?. How did you pull that off ? what did you say or do ? (other then constant harassment)
Lastly ... why are you applying for a work visa if you already have a 3 year visitor visa ?

Full_of_hope

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
March 01 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
September 03 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2012
LANDED..........
September 15 2012
Canadian0406 said:
So.........

good luck to all
Congratulations Canadian0406 ,
I am glad for you and ur husband, Is ur husband Syrian? Does he live in Jordan?
I wish you the best of luck inshallah for both of you.

iwatchtv

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
congrats...good for you
its like my situation. I've waited here well enough. Its easy because I am with my wife.
work condition sucks but I will apply for work permit soon.

Full_of_hope

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
March 01 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
September 03 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2012
LANDED..........
September 15 2012
iwatchtv said:
congrats...good for you
its like my situation. I've waited here well enough. Its easy because I am with my wife.
work condition sucks but I will apply for work permit soon.
Work Permit is also not easy specially if you don't have profession or your english is not perfect! :( it's true.
also if you get your PR you can take free courses and also some training for free ! not a visitor or student!
Enshllah we will all get our PR soon ya rab

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
Canadian0406 said:
So.........

good luck to all

3 years!!! thats awesome. so happy for u ;D :D ;)

Canadian0406

May 14, 2012
Thank you everyone!!

The reason why i am applying for a work permit… so he is able to work legally in Canada.

and my husband is born in Kuwait, but raised and lives in Jordan.

And yea basically came here on my summer vacation with my grandma, and just for 2 weeks constantly visiting the embassy, asked to speak with a Canadian Consular, and i guess she felt for me and she told me to apply for a visa and she will try to get it approved……… lone behold she kept her word and it worked!

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Canadian0406 said:
Thank you everyone!!

The reason why i am applying for a work permit... so he is able to work legally in Canada.

and my husband is born in Kuwait, but raised and lives in Jordan.

And yea basically came here on my summer vacation with my grandma, and just for 2 weeks constantly visiting the embassy, asked to speak with a Canadian Consular, and i guess she felt for me and she told me to apply for a visa and she will try to get it approved......... lone behold she kept her word and it worked!
WoW .. congradulations ... sounds like I need to fly to Amman, and start harassing some people ... lol :D