Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
steph89 said:
how fresh is fresh loll... i got married in june, you think they will have an interview?
It's hard to say. we met online sept 16th. Got "engaged" November 18th over Skype with his parents, we met each other in person on December 8 and we got married 10 days later. Laugh all you want but I just knew that he was the right one for me and seeing him for the first time at Amman airport I would've gotten married right then.

Anyways so yeah it depends.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
guys, please answer my questions.
Our app arrived in Amman Oct 11 and it's in process right now.How long does it usually take the visa to be issued from Amman? I know the cic website says 24 months, but what is the usual waiting period?What percentage of applicants usually have an interview? Do they usually ask for more documents?

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
elllham said:
Our app arrived in Amman Oct 11 and it's in process right now.How long does it usually take the visa to be issued from Amman? I know the cic website says 24 months, but what is the usual waiting period?What percentage of applicants usually have an interview? Do they usually ask for more documents?
There really is no answer, I hope its less than that. .. really there is nothing we can do but wait.. my friend applied to sponsor her husband last November and still nothing.. still in process

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
Masriixo said:
It's hard to say. we met online sept 16th. Got "engaged" November 18th over Skype with his parents, we met each other in person on December 8 and we got married 10 days later. Laugh all you want but I just knew that he was the right one for me and seeing him for the first time at Amman airport I would've gotten married right then.

Anyways so yeah it depends.
ya i guess it depends... thats so cute!!!! i hope he gets the approval soon :)

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
elllham said:
You should wait 3-6 months to hear whether or not you need to do an interview or if they want addition documents. Order your Notes, it's $5 and takes 30 days but you can see what they are working on

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
Masriixo said:
Okay guys,

So today after nagging and nagging and the Canadian embassy

The consular told me that all my documents are checked and that they should have sent me a letter on November 5th regarding/requesting an interview. She said this can be between 3-4 months and 1-2 years.

So from what I understand, once you are in process, it means that you have passed eligibility and that you go into 2 groups,
either interview or final eligibility.

I knew that we would have to do an interview because my husbands and I relationship is still quite fresh, we got married on December 18th in Amman.

Either way. They're working fast so just keep patient!!!
Wow thats interesting. were you nagging in person or with emails? lol

Did you receive the the interview letter? its wierd because they the interview used to be at the final stages, after they finish the background checks and requesting additional documents. before you would get the PPR like a month after the interview. Maybe that changed as well now, although it doesnt make sense to do the interview then the checks imo.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
dedoz said:
Wow thats interesting. were you nagging in person or with emails? lol

Did you receive the the interview letter? its wierd because they the interview used to be at the final stages, after they finish the background checks and requesting additional documents. before you would get the PPR like a month after the interview. Maybe that changed as well now, although it doesnt make sense to do the interview then the checks imo.
I did e-mail, phone calls, in person, wrote actual letters. I did everything. She said that it is common once your case has been in the office for 3-6 months for them to contact you either for additional documents, or for an interview. From what I understand regarding the new vs. old in process, my file was in process on July 2nd. which means that between May 27th, and July 2nd they checked background checks. They did ask for additional documents because I added everything that was needed. It may also be because he didnt serve in any military which was a big bonus for me.

Again, I finally ordered notes today and should receive them within 30 days. Ill let you know but the consular told me that all my documents are good and they want to interview my husband. She said they made the decision on November 5th and I should see the email within 10-15 days

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
Masriixo said:
I did e-mail, phone calls, in person, wrote actual letters. I did everything. She said that it is common once your case has been in the office for 3-6 months for them to contact you either for additional documents, or for an interview. From what I understand regarding the new vs. old in process, my file was in process on July 2nd. which means that between May 27th, and July 2nd they checked background checks. They did ask for additional documents because I added everything that was needed. It may also be because he didnt serve in any military which was a big bonus for me.

Again, I finally ordered notes today and should receive them within 30 days. Ill let you know but the consular told me that all my documents are good and they want to interview my husband. She said they made the decision on November 5th and I should see the email within 10-15 days
I have a similar timeline mine turned in process beginning of October, showing started processing on July 10th. I thought the BG check wont start until later. Mine was transfered to amman beginning of May, which means it took them 2 months to look at the application. I think that is the problem of Amman Vo, application queue for processing for long time. making decision on them is not the problem.
I ordered the notes also a week ago, lets what happens...

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
dedoz said:
I have a similar timeline mine turned in process beginning of October, showing started processing on July 10th. I thought the BG check wont start until later. Mine was transfered to amman beginning of May, which means it took them 2 months to look at the application. I think that is the problem of Amman Vo, application queue for processing for long time. making decision on them is not the problem.
I ordered the notes also a week ago, lets what happens...
Hmmm, I dont know, but it might mean that they dont have any concerns about your marriage so maybe they're just double checking everything. ITs hard to know without notes.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
So is it possible to get the ppr after 3-6 months of the app's arrival in Amman?
Based on the cases that u know what is the earliest time?

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
elllham said:
So is it possible to get the ppr after 3-6 months of the app's arrival in Amman?
Based on the cases that u know what is the earliest time?
According to CIC 20% of all applications received in Amman were finished in 11 months, thats the earliest they post.
On the opposite side 80% of all applications were finished in 24 months (that is usually what you see on the CIC processing times page)

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
I know a lot of people whose apps are being processed in Ankara and according to cic the processing time for Ankara is 11 months but they were mostly ppr ed between 2-5 months.Is Amman different? because if ur app has something missing or if ur marriage proof is not strong it usually takes the whole period. They say Max 24 months. 11 months and 2 months are very different. Based on apps that u know of ( not cic,because they are different ) isn't the processing time much shorter than 24 months?

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
elllham said:
I know a lot of people whose apps are being processed in Ankara and according to cic the processing time for Ankara is 11 months but they were mostly ppr ed between 2-5 months.Is Amman different? because if ur app has something missing or if ur marriage proof is not strong it usually takes the whole period. They say Max 24 months. 11 months and 2 months are very different. Based on apps that u know of ( not cic,because they are different ) isn't the processing time much shorter than 24 months?
Just looked at Ankara Vo numbers, 20% of the applications were done in 5 months, 80% in 11 months.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
dedoz said:
Just looked at Ankara Vo numbers, 20% of the applications were done in 5 months, 80% in 11 months.
Then I'm sure that it's not the fact. It's just what they say for u not get ur hopes up and not start nagging soon. I know more than 20 people who have their case processed in Ankara and none of them had to wait for 11 months. The longest took 9 months but for more than 80% of them it took 2-5 months. I have a lot of info about Ankara visa office because we r from Iran and we thought our app would be sent there, but as my husband is living in Erbil and he's been there for more than a year, they sent our app to Amman. I just need information about how long it takes most people to get the ppr email. Do u know about other people's cases and how long it really took them? because I don't want the info from cic. I want people's experience

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
elllham said:
Then I'm sure that it's not the fact. It's just what they say for u not get ur hopes up and not start nagging soon. I know more than 20 people who have their case processed in Ankara and none of them had to wait for 11 months. The longest took 9 months but for more than 80% of them it took 2-5 months. I have a lot of info about Ankara visa office because we r from Iran and we thought our app would be sent there, but as my husband is living in Erbil and he's been there for more than a year, they sent our app to Amman. I just need information about how long it takes most people to get the ppr email. Do u know about other people's cases and how long it really took them? because I don't want the info from cic. I want people's experience
I hear you, but there is not much we can do about that. I know 2 people who got their wives to canada via Amman Vo, their application took 23 and 22 months from the date applied, however that was 2 years ago. I dont know anyone personally who got approved recently.

One other source of really ppl is our Amman Sheet, you can can find the link in my signature. I think you cant compare Amman to Ankara, my Application was transfered to Amman early May, they still havent asked for documents and havent heard anything from them, its been 6 months already, although my application is straight forward. So the timeline posted on CIC is not all wrong after all.