Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
hi.. i hope you could help me. did you get your PR visa already? .i won my appeal june 2018 without going throug ADR also.and in august they asked for new medical then then on september 5 they asked for updated forms and new PCC. and now it’s almost 2 moths now that i haven’t heard anything from them.i wanted to know if there are more documents that they will need after this ? and how long until they ask for passport request ?.
Unfortunately we're still waiting for PR...however most applicants are reunited faster than us...around 6 months....s month after winning they requested a police check, new medical and updated forms......then like 6 month later they requested a new police check and other forms. ..every casse cs différent...our file started in Ottawa then went overseas.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Unfortunately we're still waiting for PR...however most applicants are reunited faster than us...around 6 months....s month after winning they requested a police check, new medical and updated forms......then like 6 month later they requested a new police check and other forms. ..every casse cs différent...our file started in Ottawa then went overseas.
With us, office in London, they requested forms, medical and criminal all at same time 2 months after winning our appeal.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
If I were you I would call the IAD office they will explain to you exactly what they need and for what reason. It is not the norm, however maybe they are trying to decide whether you will have adr or a full hearing. There have been rare instances where an appeal has been granted without a hearing based on strong evidence provided, maybe in your case they feel your relationship is likely genuine and are giving you a chance to provide evidence and hopefully avoid a hearing altogether... Who knows, so best advice is to call them asap!
I was one of those cases were evidence was reviewed and appeal allowed and they cancelled ADR interview. So I always recommend strong evidence ....trying to cover every concern the officer had. It pays off.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
With us, office in London, they requested forms, medical and criminal all at same time 2 months after winning our appeal.
They requested us all at once to in Ottawa...but by the time they transfered file to paris police check was outdated etc., We had a child born etc...so they requested some forms again

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
They requested us all at once to in Ottawa...but by the time they transfered file to paris police check was outdated etc., We had a child born etc...so they requested some forms again
Omg,if they transfer our application i won't even know what to do. Were going on 2 yesrs in January here.

andy131130

Oct 25, 2018
do you mind asking why she was denied? Most people are offered the option of an appeal. When my husband and I applied for an appeal, we were told the wait time for a hearing is 2 to 3 years. If you are thinking to just reapply, you need to find out exactly why you were denied in the first place, or it will likely happen again. Good luck :)
I was married to a girl in India in 2014 n after 2 weeks of marriage n once I came back here she tells me she doesn’t want to come to Canada as it’s too cold. However long story short so after a year of waiting we applied to annulled marriage n when I applied for my current wife I left all the documents to show it was annulled but as the visa officer told me that by law Canada requires divorce decree certificate. She asked me To get that first n reapply or appeal the decision n hope in mean time I get my certificate. Now If Appeal takes 1-2 years I am better or reapplying? As visa officer told me clearly she has no issue with our realtionship and she will speak with her head to quality us for common law so atleast she can stay with me while I get the certificate. But after few days I guess her boss dint agree and refusal le

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I was married to a girl in India in 2014 n after 2 weeks of marriage n once I came back here she tells me she doesn’t want to come to Canada as it’s too cold. However long story short so after a year of waiting we applied to annulled marriage n when I applied for my current wife I left all the documents to show it was annulled but as the visa officer told me that by law Canada requires divorce decree certificate. She asked me To get that first n reapply or appeal the decision n hope in mean time I get my certificate. Now If Appeal takes 1-2 years I am better or reapplying? As visa officer told me clearly she has no issue with our realtionship and she will speak with her head to quality us for common law so atleast she can stay with me while I get the certificate. But after few days I guess her boss dint agree and refusal le
What you could do, is apply for the appeal, and the mean time, get those divorce papers. If you get those, you'll probably get something called an ADR. Its like a mini hearing that you can have before your main trail. IF you lose that, you have the option to either reapply or wait for the main appeal hearing, so there really no harm in filing for the appeal, since its cost free.

Reactions: mweselake

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Omg,if they transfer our application i won't even know what to do. Were going on 2 yesrs in January here.
2 years since you appealed or filed application?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
2 years since you appealed or filed application?
2 years since 1st filing. Applied for appeal in end of February and won August 10. But we won in an adr and didn't need to wait for the main hearing which would have been a 2 or 3 year wait, i was told :(

andy131130

Oct 25, 2018
What you could do, is apply for the appeal, and the mean time, get those divorce papers. If you get those, you'll probably get something called an ADR. Its like a mini hearing that you can have before your main trail. IF you lose that, you have the option to either reapply or wait for the main appeal hearing, so there really no harm in filing for the appeal, since its cost free.
Oh is it?
Sorry about my ignorance but do I need a lawyer to Appeal or can I apply on my own? With an appeal should I write a cover letter explaining why am I appealing?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Oh is it?
Sorry about my ignorance but do I need a lawyer to Appeal or can I apply on my own? With an appeal should I write a cover letter explaining why am I appealing?
A lawyer isn't needed at this point. The appeal process is very easy. Im sure they have you the directions but all you need to do is fax or mail the application form with the refusal letter, to the designated IAD office of your province. Im pretty sure that's it, but just double check the instructions that they gave you :) from there your case worker will handle everything else. When they contact you, just explain why you were denied and explain that you have the required documents (divorce papers) being processed at the moment.

andy131130

Oct 25, 2018
A lawyer isn't needed at this point. The appeal process is very easy. Im sure they have you the directions but all you need to do is fax or mail the application form with the refusal letter, to the designated IAD office of your province. Im pretty sure that's it, but just double check the instructions that they gave you :) from there your case worker will handle everything else. When they contact you, just explain why you were denied and explain that you have the required documents (divorce papers) being processed at the moment.
Awesome
Should I write a cover letter with the appeal or they won’t accept the cover letter?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
It's not required, I wouldn't worry about it for now. They may ask you to provide something like that later. I always just send what they ask for :) do you know which iad office you'll be using? We had Vancouver and they were awesome!