+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

meghani

Nov 8, 2015
I applied for my mother's super visa on May 07th 2016 and bio metrics was done on May 17th 2016 but the online status is still showing bio metrics is in process. Should I contact some one in CIC or it is a normal thing?

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
Any suggestions for my query posted earlier?

UsmanSShaikh said:
Hi Deeja,

I am in a very similar situation, i applied for a visit visa to canada on Apr 2nd, till now no response.

In the meantime i also applied and got a visit visa to the US in 1 week within the month of april. I had planned my travel on the 24th of june and bought tickets to go to the US already as i was getting good rates at the time. I had wrongly thought that I would have my visa to canada well before that time as normally it was taking 1.5 months for people around me but for me its been more than 2 months.

Now my question is similar to urs that if I get my visa approved while I am in the US, will I be able to get the visa stamped only for my wife and kid (I applied for all 3 of us and I will be travelling with them but coming back in 2 weeks while they plan to stay with family for 2 months). Would they be able to apply separately for me or all 3 have to apply together?

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,
Usman Shaikh

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
M.mirza said:
Thank you for replying fkl. Can you please give me the link to the process for requesting these notes? And their cost/processing time? Many thanks
You are most welcome. Following is the link to apply for gcms notes though you preferably use some body you know in Canada to receive those on your behalf. In that case it is either free or costs 5CAD. Otherwise there are a few services which charge some fee and get those for you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Thanks so much fkl. I will ask my uncle to apply for them. We have to choose the "immigration, refugee .." category right?

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All / FKL

Here's my case: I am an international student and had applied for SOWP application, yesterday it got rejected with following reasons:

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

family ties in Canada and in country of residence
purpose of visit
current employment situation
personal assets and financial status

2. Other Reasons:
Insufficient information to Assess Marriage.

What did i submit with Application

1. Marriage Certificate + Marriage Photographs
2. Proof of my Assets (in Canada)
3. Letter of funding from my grant agency (enough funds)
4. Letter from University
5. My Study Permit + Student Visa
6. My assets in Pakistan (Shop on my name)
7. Police Clearance certificate for my spouse

I didn't provide any assets of my spouse

Meanwhile, Our CSQ application is also in process (though we didnt hear anything since it is submitted)

Experts, what do you suggest?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
M.mirza said:
Thanks so much fkl. I will ask my uncle to apply for them. We have to choose the "immigration, refugee .." category right?
Yes - it also provides description in front of that which should make it absolutely clear

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Naqvee said:
Dear All / FKL

Here's my case: I am an international student and had applied for SOWP application, yesterday it got rejected with following reasons:

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

family ties in Canada and in country of residence
purpose of visit
current employment situation
personal assets and financial status

2. Other Reasons:
Insufficient information to Assess Marriage.

What did i submit with Application

1. Marriage Certificate + Marriage Photographs
2. Proof of my Assets (in Canada)
3. Letter of funding from my grant agency (enough funds)
4. Letter from University
5. My Study Permit + Student Visa
6. My assets in Pakistan (Shop on my name)
7. Police Clearance certificate for my spouse

I didn't provide any assets of my spouse

Meanwhile, Our CSQ application is also in process (though we didnt hear anything since it is submitted)

Experts, what do you suggest?
Sorry to hear that. I think only photos for marriage weren't sufficient. It is likely a recent marriage for which you went to home Country or something.

Probably more proof of contact, chat / phone logs, proof of regular funds sent to spouse, any joint accounts etc. or any other source of more concreteness on relationship is important.

Having said that, I think you should get gcms notes which might provide more detail on actual reasons of refusal, then address them and reapply.

I also suspect you might have provided a lot more assets than needed i.e. if one shows too much money / assets (you mentioned assets in Canada and home country), it might look like you have no worries about income, which might make it easier to stay in Canada even illegally.

That is just an individual opinion based upon having seen many applications.

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
Guys,

Third time I am posting for help on this. Any can help?

UsmanSShaikh said:
Hi Deeja,

I am in a very similar situation, i applied for a visit visa to canada on Apr 2nd, till now no response.

In the meantime i also applied and got a visit visa to the US in 1 week within the month of april. I had planned my travel on the 24th of june and bought tickets to go to the US already as i was getting good rates at the time. I had wrongly thought that I would have my visa to canada well before that time as normally it was taking 1.5 months for people around me but for me its been more than 2 months.

Now my question is similar to urs that if I get my visa approved while I am in the US, will I be able to get the visa stamped only for my wife and kid (I applied for all 3 of us and I will be travelling with them but coming back in 2 weeks while they plan to stay with family for 2 months). Would they be able to apply separately for me or all 3 have to apply together?

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,
Usman Shaikh

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
UsmanSShaikh said:
Guys,

Third time I am posting for help on this. Any can help?
Your statement is a bit confusing

"Would they be able to apply separately for me or all 3 have to apply together?"

All 3 of you have applied already right? So you can send your spouse and child's passport for stamping and may be attach a letter stating you are away and would get it stamped in so and so time frame (Just in case). I don't see why CIC would have any issues with this. Visit visas are generally not THAT dependent on each other like for example in case of PR there is a principal applicant and then a dependent.

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
Thanks...yes applied for all 3, they would be in the US while I would be in Pakistan. Question is can they get it stamped from US while I get it stamped from Pakistan? Thanks again for your earlier reply

fkl said:
Your statement is a bit confusing

"Would they be able to apply separately for me or all 3 have to apply together?"

All 3 of you have applied already right? So you can send your spouse and child's passport for stamping and may be attach a letter stating you are away and would get it stamped in so and so time frame (Just in case). I don't see why CIC would have any issues with this. Visit visas are generally not THAT dependent on each other like for example in case of PR there is a principal applicant and then a dependent.

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
fkl said:
You are most welcome. Following is the link to apply for gcms notes though you preferably use some body you know in Canada to receive those on your behalf. In that case it is either free or costs 5CAD. Otherwise there are a few services which charge some fee and get those for you.
Hi fkl, a final question about the GCMS notes please.

My mother will need to sign the consent for my uncle to order the notes in Canada. Do you know if she can scan the form she signs, and he can then print it out at his end and sign? Or will she need to sign and send the signed original form to him via post? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for all your help.

CanadaPakistan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Hi All,

I'm Canadian Citizen and like to invite my uncle from Pakistan on visit visa to attend my wedding reception.

I will appreciate if someone can guide me what documents I have to provide to support his application.

Regards

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
UsmanSShaikh said:
Thanks...yes applied for all 3, they would be in the US while I would be in Pakistan. Question is can they get it stamped from US while I get it stamped from Pakistan? Thanks again for your earlier reply
You are welcome. I cannot answer that with certainly. Generally visitor visas are processed in a shorter timeline so cases of candidate being remote would be rare. As opposed to this, for PR or work permits, those can be stamped at a different CIC embassy based upon country of presence. So I hope it can be done in the US, but I am not very certain and the process of correlation (between both CIC embassies won't be very smooth).

I suggest sending a case specific inquiry asking about your situation.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
M.mirza said:
Hi fkl, a final question about the GCMS notes please.

My mother will need to sign the consent for my uncle to order the notes in Canada. Do you know if she can scan the form she signs, and he can then print it out at his end and sign? Or will she need to sign and send the signed original form to him via post? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for all your help.
Scan should be sufficient. People do that all the time.