+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

queries.ca

Aug 25, 2015
fkl said:
Sorry to hear that. There is no limit on when you could apply. You can do that when you want.

But I recommend getting GCMS notes of refusal to see more concrete reasons of refusal.
Hi fkl,
Could you please reply to my following message
"
Hi all,
I am currently in Canada as a PR and want to apply for visit visa ( not super visa) for my parents. I shall be grateful if someone can briefly state the steps need to be followed.
Can I apply online through the GCKey on the behalf of my parents?
Thank you
"
Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
queries.ca said:
Hi fkl,
Could you please reply to my following message
"
Hi all,
I am currently in Canada as a PR and want to apply for visit visa ( not super visa) for my parents. I shall be grateful if someone can briefly state the steps need to be followed.
Can I apply online through the GCKey on the behalf of my parents?
Thank you
"
Thank you
Hi queries.ca,

You are welcome. It's pretty basic process you should read / follow the standard visitor visa application steps.

How can you apply on any one's behalf. There is no such concept in Canada's immigration.

The only scenarios are

A) You are applying for yourself and you include your immediate dependents
B) You are already Canadian Citizen or PR and you are sponsoring your family. Even then, there are two phases - first is you apply as a sponsor, then the actual applicant (not you ) applies in second phase.

If you want to fill their application, technically you can file that online, but the applicant would still be your parents. You would just attach an invite along with their other docs. When CIC asks for passports, it would be Embassy in their home country that would process the application and all local conditions that apply to any visit visa applicant would apply.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
UsmanSShaikh said:
by the way qxoil, how are you so sure I will get the pp back in 6 working days? any prior experience? I had a relative for whom it tool 12 calendar days to get the passport stamped. I heard that processing for visit visas from pakistan is being done in abu dhabi. If this is the case, then surely 6 or 7 working days is too short a time to get the passport in time..look forward to your comments on this..
i am saying this from my personal experience. i got my visa in july 2014 from islamabad. it took exactly one week that time. this time after getting my passport request i submitted my passport at VFS at islamabad on 26th of may last month and got my passport back on 0n 2nd of july.
one more thing visas are bring processed in Abu dhabi. my visa stamp says place of issue abu dhabi.

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
qxoil said:
i am saying this from my personal experience. i got my visa in july 2014 from islamabad. it took exactly one week that time. this time after getting my passport request i submitted my passport at VFS at islamabad on 26th of may last month and got my passport back on 0n 2nd of july.
one more thing visas are bring processed in Abu dhabi. my visa stamp says place of issue abu dhabi.
Thanks qxoil for the reply. Yes they are being processed in abu dhabi, but i beleive they are being stamped in islamabad. At least thats what the VFS guys told me. Any how, I submitted on thursday 16 June. and if it goes as you mention, i will get passport back on 23-Jun, which couldnt be more perfect for my planned travel. I hope it works out...fingers crossed..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
qxoil said:
Appreciate you trying to help. But things change with visa offices all the time. So it can be a likely expectation at best.

Visa office response time would start varying based upon many factors like how simple / critical an application was (study visa > trv > work permit in priority), whether they are fully booked those days processing study visa applications (mostly mar to july for sept admissions) etc.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
qxoil said:
In my parents visit visa case. My dad submitted his and my mom's passport at vfs karachi for stamping on May 04, 2016 and picked up the passports duly stamped on May 19, 2016. Hope this helps.

xifs

Jun 15, 2016
I applied online on June 1st. I am currently in the US on H1b status and wanted to travel to Canada for H1b stamping. It has been 12 business days and 16 calendar days today since I applied. I did my Bio-metrics the day after. My status which is the details column shows as "Submitted".

When I click check status & message, I see:

Application/profile status: Open
Review of medical results: Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information: Not needed at this time
Final decision: Not Started

My appointment date at the US embassy is approaching and I am getting nervous if I will get my passport in time to get the visa.

1. Does this timeframe look normal and expected?
2. Once approved can I visit the New York Canadian Consulate to get my visa stamped?

My other concern is that I have recieved "Your application (*) has been updated" emails, and sometimes I am able to see the change but sometimes I don't know if there was any change made to the application. Is it possible for me to get a true status of my application, by calling CIC?

Thanks in advance.

OSM

Jun 17, 2016
My question is about the biometric letter. I have to do biometric collection. I applied for Canada vistor visa 12 days ago but I do not know why I have not received any biometric instruction letter yet (referral letter). My application was confirmed. I even was charged for biometric test. I know that I have to go to a VAC place for fingerprint collection but I need a referral letter first.

I would appreciate your help.

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
UsmanSShaikh said:
Thanks qxoil for the reply. Yes they are being processed in abu dhabi, but i beleive they are being stamped in islamabad. At least thats what the VFS guys told me. Any how, I submitted on thursday 16 June. and if it goes as you mention, i will get passport back on 23-Jun, which couldnt be more perfect for my planned travel. I hope it works out...fingers crossed..

Thanks Guys, I got a call from canadian visa office today saying that my case has been finalized. Status on online application also says approved.and the VFS tracker says passport dispatch from Canada Visa office to Visa application center today. Means I should be receiving it tomorrow which is super fast. Hope i get a multiple entry as I want to go back and forth from the states and canada. Either ways I am thankful I will be getting it in time.

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
Guys,

FYI. I got my passport back today duly stamped. Thanks to Almighty, it was a close call as I am flying on Friday and will not need to change the flights now.

Regards,
Usman Shaikh

UsmanSShaikh said:
Thanks Guys, I got a call from canadian visa office today saying that my case has been finalized. Status on online application also says approved.and the VFS tracker says passport dispatch from Canada Visa office to Visa application center today. Means I should be receiving it tomorrow which is super fast. Hope i get a multiple entry as I want to go back and forth from the states and canada. Either ways I am thankful I will be getting it in time.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
congrats usman
so my guess was right any ways i am glad for you that u dont have to change ur travel plan etc...
have a good one

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi everyone, my mother applied from Karachi and got her refusal on 7th June. But her passport has not come back yet. It has been nearly two weeks. She has visited the VAC and they said wait for a message, we don't have it yet.

When can we expect it to come back?

Sidkhan

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th June 2013
Doc's Request.
9th January 2015
AOR Received.
17th July 2013
Med's Done....
19th January 2015
Interview........
Waived In Process:17th February 2015. Decision Made: 6th March 2015
Passport Req..
10th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22nd April 2015
Hi everyone!!
I need to know the average timeline for visit visa for paper applications. My parents applied on may 12th from islamabad. they planned to travel on 7th july but did not hear anything so far. Besides online applications which were taking 55 days, did anybody with paper applications who applied during second week of may heard anything so far from cic ??

zeeshanamin

Jun 23, 2016
Hello sir..
i want to ask you..if i get job there in canada..or eny person Offer us to work here in Canada..So all responsibility take for us i mean for who going Canada..
i want to ask you..they Can take responce like that only just......
reply me..Sir
Have a Good day. . .

danya102

Jun 18, 2016
Salams,

I applied for my visit visa on Jun 3rd 2016 thru paper application via the Karachi office.

On checking my status through the website with the tracking ID provided i got a message that the processed passport has been fwded to the Isb office on 6th June 2016.

I dont understand this message, since 3rd June was Friday and 6th June was Monday..so as per the message did they actually process my passport on the weekend?

Please let me know what this means?
Too anxious!

Jazakallah!