Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
CanadaPakistan said:
Hi All,

I'm Canadian Citizen and like to invite my uncle from Pakistan on visit visa to attend my wedding reception.

I will appreciate if someone can guide me what documents I have to provide to support his application.

Regards
You can provide proof of your status and financial stability (that you can afford and are willing to support his trip). However, it is a very small part of application. The main things that CIC will assess would be related to your uncle's profile, his background, local ties in Pakistan etc. Please do know that visit visa rejection rates from Pakistan are very high (owning mainly to frequent abuse, thanks to our home fellows in the past). So unless one possess a profile strong enough to counter that, it will not sail through.

Countries like Canada / US etc. write in their official guideline for TRVs - "Every applicant is considered a potential immigrant, unless proven otherwise". So the burden of proof is on the shoulder of applicant. You, the Canadian host can only provide above two things, but they are the least important parts of application.

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
We haven't received any email to say my mum's passport os ready for collection. Should she just go and collect from the VAC without it? We are not sure if it has arrived at the VAC.

We got the refusal email on 7th June, applied from Karachi, processed in Abu Dhabi.

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your help.

Do you think any reason for (Employment status) ? Is that required for SOWP visa?

fkl said:
Sorry to hear that. I think only photos for marriage weren't sufficient. It is likely a recent marriage for which you went to home Country or something.

Probably more proof of contact, chat / phone logs, proof of regular funds sent to spouse, any joint accounts etc. or any other source of more concreteness on relationship is important.

Having said that, I think you should get gcms notes which might provide more detail on actual reasons of refusal, then address them and reapply.

I also suspect you might have provided a lot more assets than needed i.e. if one shows too much money / assets (you mentioned assets in Canada and home country), it might look like you have no worries about income, which might make it easier to stay in Canada even illegally.

That is just an individual opinion based upon having seen many applications.

CanadaPakistan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
fkl said:
You can provide proof of your status and financial stability (that you can afford and are willing to support his trip). However, it is a very small part of application. The main things that CIC will assess would be related to your uncle's profile, his background, local ties in Pakistan etc. Please do know that visit visa rejection rates from Pakistan are very high (owning mainly to frequent abuse, thanks to our home fellows in the past). So unless one possess a profile strong enough to counter that, it will not sail through.

Countries like Canada / US etc. write in their official guideline for TRVs - "Every applicant is considered a potential immigrant, unless proven otherwise". So the burden of proof is on the shoulder of applicant. You, the Canadian host can only provide above two things, but they are the least important parts of application.
Thanks fkl

niklayteritalashme

Jun 6, 2016
Senior Fellows any expert opnion ?

AOA -hope all of you are good and doing well.

I want to apply for my father Supervisa ( for mother i will apply visit visa as she has European travel history) - I my self came here in april 2016 on FSW and Alhumdolilah able to secured job which is 25K above LICO- My sister and brother in law are Canadian citizen and living since 2009 and also have required income . I need answers for following queries before i proceed with application

1: can i fill online form on his behalf or he need to submit paper based application at gerry G9 ofc ?
2: Can my brother in law apply for my father super visa ?
3:Applying alone for father super visa only cause any doubt ( father just performed Haj in 2005 )
4: Can i become co sponsor for father super visa or my sister and brother in law sponsor will be adequate for application?
5: Do my father need to attach any financial document (bank statement , property document as he has 25-30M PKR property on his name in Islamabad)

Thanking in anticipation.

Aseer

Apr 1, 2016
Hello,

I have applied my TRV and yesterday received an email from CIC canadian embassy that i must submit my original passport at VAC vissa office within 30 days in order to continue the visa application process.

What does that mean? Should i consider that my TRV application has been approved or still chances are open for any rejection ?

Please guide me through...

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Naqvee said:
Thanks for your help.

Do you think any reason for (Employment status) ? Is that required for SOWP visa?
You are most welcome. I take that you mean employment status of spouse in home country i.e. Pakistan.

It is not a requirement. But if your spouse actually worked / had education, providing that would be helpful and serve as ties to home country.

Having said that, plenty of spouses apply who are house wives and had very limited education. But then the principal applicant i.e. their husbands have stronger profiles / job in Canada.

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
fkl said:
You are welcome. I cannot answer that with certainly. Generally visitor visas are processed in a shorter timeline so cases of candidate being remote would be rare. As opposed to this, for PR or work permits, those can be stamped at a different CIC embassy based upon country of presence. So I hope it can be done in the US, but I am not very certain and the process of correlation (between both CIC embassies won't be very smooth).

I suggest sending a case specific inquiry asking about your situation.
Thank you again for your help fkl. I sent a case specific inquiry on 3 june. no reply yet.

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse is an engineer and has teaching experience for few months, but not working now. That's what i mentioned in the application. And, i am a PhD student here in Canada. Any clue, how to answer this question in next application ?

Thanks again

fkl said:
You are most welcome. I take that you mean employment status of spouse in home country i.e. Pakistan.

It is not a requirement. But if your spouse actually worked / had education, providing that would be helpful and serve as ties to home country.

Having said that, plenty of spouses apply who are house wives and had very limited education. But then the principal applicant i.e. their husbands have stronger profiles / job in Canada.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Naqvee said:
My spouse is an engineer and has teaching experience for few months, but not working now. That's what i mentioned in the application. And, i am a PhD student here in Canada. Any clue, how to answer this question in next application ?

Thanks again
I am not very sure what you mean here by next application. Your spouse isn't working now, so that is what you should state and what you already stated in your application. Still submitting his/her educational qualifications along being an engineer would be better than not submitting any thing on their behalf.

Like I said already, it is not a requirement, but having education and a stable job has positive impact on local ties. If you don't have those just focus on other aspects. Good luck

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
UsmanSShaikh said:
Thank you again for your help fkl. I sent a case specific inquiry on 3 june. no reply yet.
Guys, I just got the request to submit passport for further processing. I have to fly to US on 24th June as i had purchased tickets a long time back. Now only 7 working days are remaining to the 24th June. I have heard it is taking 2 weeks to process nowadays when submitting passport in Pakistan. Can anyone confirm? Below is my timeline so far

Online Application Submitted: 02-Apr.
Passport Request: 15-Jun.
Passport Submission:16-Jun. (Tomorrow)
Flight Date: 24th Jun (fingers crossed I get passport back in time)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
UsmanSShaikh said:
Guys, I just got the request to submit passport for further processing. I have to fly to US on 24th June as i had purchased tickets a long time back. Now only 7 working days are remaining to the 24th June. I have heard it is taking 2 weeks to process nowadays when submitting passport in Pakistan. Can anyone confirm? Below is my timeline so far

Online Application Submitted: 02-Apr.
Passport Request: 15-Jun.
Passport Submission:16-Jun. (Tomorrow)
Flight Date: 24th Jun (fingers crossed I get passport back in time)
There certainly is risk (likelihood) of not getting passport in time.

So it depends what you want to risk. CIC doesn't really care much about your plans. If your trip is not too long, you might submit a request to submit your passport a bit latter.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
fkl said:
There certainly is risk (likelihood) of not getting passport in time.

So it depends what you want to risk. CIC doesn't really care much about your plans. If your trip is not too long, you might submit a request to submit your passport a bit latter.
usman****

u will get ur passport back on 23 if u have submitted ur passport today. go to vfs after 2 o clock as they close at 5
have a good trip to usa and canada

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
qxoil said:
usman****

u will get ur passport back on 23 if u have submitted ur passport today. go to vfs after 2 o clock as they close at 5
I went there but due to ramadan timings they only accept submission till 1 pm. :(...now I will submit first thing in the morning. I am not sure i will get it in time and I would like to also visit canada on my trip to the US so I guess I will just wait till 23rd and if I dont get the passport by then then I will delay the trip by another 3 or 4 days and change the tickets and take the hit of $$ and also a smaller vacation time in canada :/...lets see...ill post on the forum the result for the benefit of everybody once I get it back after stamping

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
qxoil said:
usman****

by the way qxoil, how are you so sure I will get the pp back in 6 working days? any prior experience? I had a relative for whom it tool 12 calendar days to get the passport stamped. I heard that processing for visit visas from pakistan is being done in abu dhabi. If this is the case, then surely 6 or 7 working days is too short a time to get the passport in time..look forward to your comments on this..