+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

naha

Oct 1, 2013
sadafali said:
By travel history they mean that your should have travelled outside your country,. Say for example a week travel to dubai, or some other vacation point is important. same is the requirement for US visa also.
The applicant should have travel time , according to them it would seem an "eligible" traveller.
Sadaf
hi my case scenario is just like rubabs .I need to know what sort of ties do we need to show to make them belive that we will return to pakistan after our stay.I am a doctor worked for two years currently preparing for my exams ahead.

naha

Oct 1, 2013
fkl said:
You are a doctor, why don't you apply for open work permit, show your full credentials and job experience. I presume your sponsorship application for PR is already in process?
well yes ..but how can I apply for a job there when I haven't passed there exams

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
naha said:
Hi .I am a doctor .I have a question and I need help.I applied for trv on june 10 th as an online application .I got a refusal letter today .and its very disappointing. My husband is permanent resident there. I applied to canada earlier too and got a rejection.my husbandis a mechanical engineer there.my immigration application is in process too.I want to apply again .any suggestions please
What are refusals points? what was your purpose and what docs u were attached along with trv forms?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
naha said:
well yes ..but how can I apply for a job there when I haven't passed there exams
My knowledge is limited with regard to regulated professions such as medicine.

Open work permit is not tied to an employer. So you do not need a prior job offer to apply for that. Neither does it indicate that you would work in your primary profession immediately. It just means being a spouse of a skilled temp worker / permanent resident etc. and possessing the xyz educational profile, you are authorized to work for any employer in Canada. Whether you actually work in medicine or not is not the concern.

For e.g. HR is also a regulated profession there i.e. it comes along with Knowledge and certification of legal requirements in Canada. So some one who has worked in HR in Pakistan needed to get all those certifications first in Canada to work in the same domain IF THEY ARE THE PRIMARY APPLICANT. However, my spouse possess a masters in HR and i did apply for an open work permit for her, since my twp allows it (i am the primary applicant with a job offer and LMO). It doesn't matter whether she works in HR or not. In fact we have no plans of her working at all in near future. However, the open work permit allows it and it will only be valid until my primary closed work permit is.

The point was that you showing your credentials as a doctor would present your case better as a more educated and capable profile as compared to all spousal sponsorship ones who apply for trv at the same time.

The above is just my opinion based upon what i have seen so far in regard to CIC. All the best.

naha

Oct 1, 2013
Following are the documents that I submitted:
Documents shared:
-Funds available with husband $20k plus bank letter to show that
-employer letter of husband with t4(tax statement) and paystubs
-Letter of support from husband
-Property letter for the wife
-financial bank statement of wife showing 450,000 rs
-employer letter for the wife with sanctioned leave
-Travel reservation
-coverletter from the wife
-passport with stamps of foreign travel
-pictures
-screenshots of immigration application
-husbands PR copy
-marriage certificate

Got the generic rejection letter they send out each time (IMM 5621)a trv is rejected but the funny thing is that this time they did not even add any details to the rejection letter, it appears they were in a rush to just send one out.
- Letter starts with a Dear only no name
- No signature of the officer
- No reference of application number
- No Dates
- No reference of the UCI numer
- No boxes checked to indicate the reasons for rejection.

Note this was an online application.

following is the link to the letter : (add h t t p s ://w w w)
dropbox.com/s/3ss91bxd6wstxwv/letter.pdf

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
naha said:
Following are the documents that I submitted:
Documents shared:
-Funds available with husband $20k plus bank letter to show that
-employer letter of husband with t4(tax statement) and paystubs
-Letter of support from husband
-Property letter for the wife
-financial bank statement of wife showing 450,000 rs
-employer letter for the wife with sanctioned leave
-Travel reservation
-coverletter from the wife
-passport with stamps of foreign travel
-pictures
-screenshots of immigration application
-husbands PR copy
-marriage certificate

Got the generic rejection letter they send out each time (IMM 5621)a trv is rejected but the funny thing is that this time they did not even add any details to the rejection letter, it appears they were in a rush to just send one out.
- Letter starts with a Dear only no name
- No signature of the officer
- No reference of application number
- No Dates
- No reference of the UCI numer
- No boxes checked to indicate the reasons for rejection.

Note this was an online application.

following is the link to the letter : (add h t t p s ://w w w)
dropbox.com/s/3ss91bxd6wstxwv/letter.pdf
Was the marriage certificate in Urdu? Did you attach a certified (notarized) translation? Did you do so for all other docs in Urdu?

Update:
By property letter you mean you own some property in Pakistan and attached proof of ownership?

I think you should order GCMS notes. Rather your husband should do that and first determine the precise cause of rejection.

Also you said husband's PR copy? Does that mean you were not included in the PR application? You should be, since it makes no sense for a wife to be going just to visit her husband unless her OWN case is also in process for PR along with husband.

naha

Oct 1, 2013
All docs in English, I was sponsored by my husband and the application is in process (therefore the reference to screenshots of immigration application), Property letters are for the property I am registered as an owner for.

Waqar you messaged me about some way that will work in my case to get a TRV. Please advise.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
fkl said:
My knowledge is limited with regard to regulated professions such as medicine.

Open work permit is not tied to an employer. So you do not need a prior job offer to apply for that. Neither does it indicate that you would work in your primary profession immediately. It just means being a spouse of a skilled temp worker / permanent resident etc. and possessing the xyz educational profile, you are authorized to work for any employer in Canada. Whether you actually work in medicine or not is not the concern.

For e.g. HR is also a regulated profession there i.e. it comes along with Knowledge and certification of legal requirements in Canada. So some one who has worked in HR in Pakistan needed to get all those certifications first in Canada to work in the same domain IF THEY ARE THE PRIMARY APPLICANT. However, my spouse possess a masters in HR and i did apply for an open work permit for her, since my twp allows it (i am the primary applicant with a job offer and LMO). It doesn't matter whether she works in HR or not. In fact we have no plans of her working at all in near future. However, the open work permit allows it and it will only be valid until my primary closed work permit is.

The point was that you showing your credentials as a doctor would present your case better as a more educated and capable profile as compared to all spousal sponsorship ones who apply for trv at the same time.

The above is just my opinion based upon what i have seen so far in regard to CIC. All the best.

Her spouse is a Permanent Resident - She cannot get an OWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
dotmatrix said:
Her spouse is a Permanent Resident - She cannot get an OWP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17
I really don't think that holds. It is not just PR that disqualifies, rather i think in in addition to being a PR or not, you are required to be working in skill level 0, A or B to be eligible for open work permit.

Point 1 in the text you quoted above says

You may also be eligible if you are a family member of someone whose application for permanent residence has been approved under one of the above.

I think family member includes spouse. It makes little sense to allow OTHER family members like kids or may be parents BUT prevent spouse.

Also please take a look at the following too.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=199&t=17

All of the conditions it mentions pretty much apply to some one working in Canada.

Although i agree that the wording in your quoted link first aren't 100% clear and they could mean what you mentioned. However, IMHO that is extremely unlikely singling out spouse in this case.

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
Hello people!!
My trv got refused two weeks ago. I need to to get the GCMS notes. What is the procedure for it? I want someone who has recently applied for it to share the exact method for applying. I will be very grateful for the assistance. I have seen the links for it but I want someone who has applied to help me. My husband is in Canada he will receive them. Thank you for the help!!

mahmudp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-13
AOR Received.
11-01-14
File Transfer...
27-01-14
Med's Request
3-11-14
Med's Done....
20-11-14
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16-12-14
Hey all,

I am about to submit my wife's PR application package in couple of days, and I also intend to submit an application for TRV. My question here should I wait for the File number to arrive or I can submit TRV application immediately after applying for PR and in the cover letter I can mention that I have applied for the PR for my wife.

Also my wife has no travel history she has never travelled abroad. she is finishing school in December and I want her to travel to Canada ASAP, she will be visiting for some time as I understand she will have to go back once the visa expires also she just got a job offer which she wants to start in January, if visa granted she may visit for 2 months and thn go back start her new job.

Even myself I was working in Qatar and recently moved back to Canada (I am a Canadian Citizen) and looking for a reasonable job. Me and my wife hold a joint account in Pakistan and I have deposited $12000. Also at this Time I have approx. $10 k in my account in Canada.

Please advice and comment on my chances of getting TRV for my wife

asmirza1

Oct 5, 2013
I recently applied for Visitor Visa. I have received this message as Request Letter (attached ) but I'm confuse about this request letter and what document is required or is it even required or not. In my CIC account checklist .There is an another option of” Explanation letter” (required by 04/11/2013) which I have already provided.

Letter text extracted :

ARSLAN MAQSOOD:
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

######## - ARSLAN MAQSOOD:
> Client Information: Receipt of information from client . Your appication has been approved in principle. We will advise once security checks have been completed, which could take up to 20 working days. This must be received at this office by: 11/04/2013

Can anybody please explain me this document request letter paragraph
Please advise in this urgently as I have very limited time frame as I have flight on 18TH Oct 2013.
Request Letter attached and screen shot as well

Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
asmirza1 said:
I recently applied for Visitor Visa. I have received this message as Request Letter (attached ) but I'm confuse about this request letter and what document is required or is it even required or not. In my CIC account checklist .There is an another option of” Explanation letter” (required by 04/11/2013) which I have already provided.

Letter text extracted :

ARSLAN MAQSOOD:
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

######## - ARSLAN MAQSOOD:
> Client Information: Receipt of information from client . Your appication has been approved in principle. We will advise once security checks have been completed, which could take up to 20 working days. This must be received at this office by: 11/04/2013

Can anybody please explain me this document request letter paragraph
Please advise in this urgently as I have very limited time frame as I have flight on 18TH Oct 2013.
Request Letter attached and screen shot as well

Thank you
With two posts, you do not have enough privileges to upload attachments i think. There is nothing attached with the post.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
fkl said:
I really don't think that holds. It is not just PR that disqualifies, rather i think in in addition to being a PR or not, you are required to be working in skill level 0, A or B to be eligible for open work permit.

Point 1 in the text you quoted above says

You may also be eligible if you are a family member of someone whose application for permanent residence has been approved under one of the above.

I think family member includes spouse. It makes little sense to allow OTHER family members like kids or may be parents BUT prevent spouse.

Also please take a look at the following too.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=199&t=17

All of the conditions it mentions pretty much apply to some one working in Canada.

Although i agree that the wording in your quoted link first aren't 100% clear and they could mean what you mentioned. However, IMHO that is extremely unlikely singling out spouse in this case.

You are right - She could be eligible since she is a family member of someone whose application for permanent residence has been approved (assuming it is in one of those classes).

That's interesting though. Coz my spouse who is here on a TRV can't get an OWP because I am a Canadian citizen and not a permanent resident. Interesting!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
dotmatrix said:
You are right - She could be eligible since she is a family member of someone whose application for permanent residence has been approved (assuming it is in one of those classes).

That's interesting though. Coz my spouse who is here on a TRV can't get an OWP because I am a Canadian citizen and not a permanent resident. Interesting!
Yeah i found that interesting (in the weird sense) too. But are you working in any of the skilled categories? Logic says that only the same constraint should apply. Otherwise, 'sorts of rights if any of a citizen should take precedence over a PR'.