Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Dear Friends,

I have been offered a Canadian funded PhD position at the university of Alberta and I applied on 28 April 2014 (21 days ago). Although I did not submit my medical examination report, my passport has been dispatched to the VFS office yesterday and the message says that the case has been processed. This is very unusual. What could be the possible outcome of my application? Has my application been refused or is it a call for a medical examination? Also, is it possible that they have issued me the visa, especially considering my previous international travel history and thus making me medical examination exempt?

I can't collect my passport for the next 5 days since I am extremely busy with my research at a very remote place.

Your comments will keep me going for the next 5 days, so please be generous :)

//Altaf

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
ch.immigration said:
Got rejection yesterday
Depressing situation
I can totally understand what ur going thru

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ch.immigration said:
Got rejection yesterday
Depressing situation
Sorry to hear that. I would say try to get over with this and hope your spousal sponsorship is processed soon.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
khansalmankk said:
Hello guys,

I am a Canadian PR card holder and had applied for Citizenship couple of years ago. I owned a grocery store in Toronto and operating my family business. I got married last year in Karachi on September and since then I am living in Karachi with my wife. Now I am planning to apply TRV for my wife so that she can come to Canada for visit. She has done MBA and is working in a Bank for last 8 months. I am gathering the documents in order to apply for TRV of my spouse. I have gathered some documents as below:

1) Her bank statement having around $10K to $15K (Last Six Months) & Account Maintenance Certificate.
2) Her job offer letter (Mentioning her Salary) & Approved Leave Certificate of 3 months by Bank clearly mention her return to job on mention date.
3) Our Wedding & Honeymoon Pictures (50 Photos)
4) Her confirmed Airline Return Ticket
5) My Invitation Letter, PR Card Copy, Pakistani Passport Copy, Bank Statement ( From Canadian Bank) & Notice of Assessment.

Now, Question is that what ELSE (Important Documents) are required to satisfy visa officer and what are the chances of getting TRV?

If anything else would be helpful to make my case strong, please do reply as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Salman
I assume you already attached marriage certificate - documentary proof of marriage in addition to pics.

If you are asking for opinions, having been married since last year and not having applied for Spousal sponsorship sounds awkward to me and applying for a trv in this state seems to have lesser chances as far as i know. I mean the general perception is spouses live with their husbands - not visit for a short time. It might be true in some exceptions, but from what i have seen with CIC it is quite hard to prove that.

Other than that the docs seem good. Though 10 -15 K CAD is much more than needed for visit (which raises the question of over staying) - also i am not sure if that is money earned from her salary. An MBA with a few months of job experience in Pak usually doesn't make that much.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
altafhussaine said:
Dear Friends,

I have been offered a Canadian funded PhD position at the university of Alberta and I applied on 28 April 2014 (21 days ago). Although I did not submit my medical examination report, my passport has been dispatched to the VFS office yesterday and the message says that the case has been processed. This is very unusual. What could be the possible outcome of my application? Has my application been refused or is it a call for a medical examination? Also, is it possible that they have issued me the visa, especially considering my previous international travel history and thus making me medical examination exempt?

I can't collect my passport for the next 5 days since I am extremely busy with my research at a very remote place.

//Altaf

Dear Altaf,

Don't want to sound negative but if some one from Pak gets approved (except visit visa) without medicals - it would be the first ever case that i know of.

People can have any sort of travel history - it doesn't matter. Unless they are living is some other country (with better medical standards and hence exempted) for at least 6 months currently, they have to undergo medicals.

There was a time when passport was mandatory for medicals and CIC used to return it. However, that practice was abolished early 2013 and every one that i know of does medicals with out it. Also it shouldn't say "case has been processed" if it is call for medical. Usually it says something like "your case processing has reached the stage where a medical examination is now required".

Any way all the very best and i hope things turn out positive for you.

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
yes. I have arranged a marriage certificate as well. forgot to mention that in my earlier post.

and about the bank statement; I have deposited some amount in her account. I thought 10 to 15 K would be fine to show in bank statement.

however, thanks for sharing your views, lets see what happens next..

wasim7777

May 22, 2014
Hi,
I was hoping i can get some advice here. I am a permanent resident working in Canada. I am planning on applying for supervisa for my parents and regular TRV for my 2 younger brother. I am more concerned about the regular visa for my brothers. They are 23 and 18 years old. Both studying and applying for visa just to visit me.
How do i make sure - 1. My brothers get visa approved
2. During is as long as its allowed
What documents should i include? I know i have to prove that they will come back to pakistan. But considering they are about to finish university and college it won't be easy to prove that. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks

ch.immigration

Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013 for wife
Doc's Request.
Sent volunterily on 15 dec 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Med's Request
24 sep 2014
Interview........
inshallah waived
fkl said:
Sorry to hear that. I would say try to get over with this and hope your spousal sponsorship is processed soon.
Thats the only hope now
Feeling like the end of the world

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ch.immigration said:
Thats the only hope now
Feeling like the end of the world
I might have to re verify - but i have a close colleague whose spousal sponsorship was processed in 6 months - because the wife was Canadian and they were living in UAE because the guy worked there. Upon asking he told me that the speed of processing was mainly due to the fact that Citizen wasn't living in Canada and cases like this become a priority. The couple actually moved to Canada much latter - only when the guy got a job of his stature here.

May be considering this might be an option for you.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
wasim7777 said:
Hi,
I was hoping i can get some advice here. I am a permanent resident working in Canada. I am planning on applying for supervisa for my parents and regular TRV for my 2 younger brother. I am more concerned about the regular visa for my brothers. They are 23 and 18 years old. Both studying and applying for visa just to visit me.
How do i make sure - 1. My brothers get visa approved
2. During is as long as its allowed
What documents should i include? I know i have to prove that they will come back to pakistan. But considering they are about to finish university and college it won't be easy to prove that. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks
It is close to impossible. You have to prove ties to home country - where there are none. Young guys - won't have lucrative jobs or business back home, nor bank balances etc. PLUS the rest of their family (parents will be going along with their sponsoring sibling).

Unless it is some well known family of the country with lots of money, power / political hold, i really don't think getting visas for brothers is possible.

The one finishing university might have a chance if he applies for a completely different reason (e.g. gotten admission in some study program) or say is visiting to attend a conference which matches with his domain of study etc.

Please don't be upset, this is merely as assessment based upon how i have seen CIC working.

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
altafhussaine said:
Dear Friends,

//Altaf

[Right dear friends, the Embassy refused my application for the reasons that:
1) I don't have intentions to come back to Pakistan
2) That I don't have enough funding to support myself in Canada

This is very common to hear I guess. I have clearly stated in my application that I have a family here in Pakistan and they are not going with me, that is why I will come back. About the funding, I have $100,000 cash available from Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, all vividly mentioned in the offer letter

They are asking me to reapply, I don't what is it that I may change in my retry. This is just insane and or totally lethargic by this ignorant apathetic malaise]

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Right dear friends, the Embassy refused my application for the reasons that:
1) I don't have intentions to come back to Pakistan
2) That I don't have enough funding to support myself in Canada

This is very common to hear I guess. I have clearly stated in my application that I have a family here in Pakistan and they are not going with me, that is why I will come back. About the funding, I have $100,000 cash available from Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, all vividly mentioned in the offer letter

They are asking me to reapply, I don't what is it that I may change in my retry. This is just insane and or totally lethargic by this ignorant apathetic malaise.

Dost_Dost

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Slam, :)
Can anyone help me about "travel itinerary"? how to arrange it if i do not have any travel agent? Do I need to make booking for round trip ?

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Hey All

I applied for my mother's TRV in Islamabad (paper based application) on April 4th 2104.
She wanted to visit me for my convocation which is in 6 days (29th May 2014).
I emailed them and notified about the situation but there has not been a single reply.
I had put the invitation for the convocation that explicitly says 29th May 2014 10 am .
These bastards don't realize that there is a flight to be taken (at least 15 hours) as well to be there on 29th

I know alot of friends who applied close to 2nd April and got visas for their families.

The sole purpose of her visit is to attend the convocation.My question is how stupid the people at CIC Islamabad are that they don't care about the purpose of visit and just delay the application for no fucking reason.I mean there is not even a single way to at least remind them about the situation.